Lance 4 Seven???

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:
No way anyone can claim that.

Is there a score for all 5+billion people in the world? :rolleyes:

There ain't no evidence....
Good to know at least some people can see obvious arrogance.

Garbad

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't see how God has anything to do by favoring him to win over the other christian riders. So Lance is telling the truth in that aspect.

Someone could just enlighten me with this-- how does God particularly helps people wins awards? I see this people say after receiving an award, "first of all I like to thank God... mom, dad, the poodle...." Did God really favor a particular celebrity to win the Grammy over the another???

Puck Nutty

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I guess I got so focused on making my point that I didn't take into account that Garbad's statement cannot be proven with 100% accuracy. Fine, you got me with that one.

However, that does not change the fact that Lance Armstrong should not be considered a braggart since his statement cannot be refuted. He stated what he believed to be the truth. The evidence backs him up.

Puck Nutty

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:
I don't see how God has anything to do by favoring him to win over the other christian riders. So Lance is telling the truth in that aspect.

Someone could just enlighten me with this-- how does God particularly helps people wins awards? I see this people say after receiving an award, "first of all I like to thank God... mom, dad, the poodle...." Did God really favor a particular celebrity to win the Grammy over the another???
Like I said in a previous post, how come nobody blames God when they lose?

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
I am smarter than at least 99% of the world population. Bragging or no?

EDIT: I am willing to take any online IQ or intelligence test as proof. Pick and link me and I will link my score.

Garbad
Show me your Mensa card.

Hatsepsut

Banned
If you still believe that an IQ test is a reliable measure of intelligence that alone makes your entire statement a paradox. And no, it's not bragging, unless you're trying to brag about how misinformed you are, which again would be somewhat odd, since for it to be a boastful statement, said statement would have to include some claim to posess a desireable quality, no?

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaysaar said:
And there you have it, Lance is back in yellow

Top ten after stage ten:

Code:
Place           Rider                   Team    Country   Time off the Yellow

1  	001  	ARMSTRONG Lance  	DSC  	USA  	
2 	057 	RASMUSSEN Mickael 	RAB 	DEN 	00' 38"
3 	021 	BASSO Ivan 	        CSC 	ITA 	02' 40"
4 	101 	MOREAU Christophe 	C.A 	FRA 	02' 42"
5 	038 	VALVERDE Alejandro 	IBA 	ESP 	03' 16"
6 	164 	LEIPHEIMER Levi 	GST 	USA 	03' 58"
7 	031 	MANCEBO Francisco 	IBA 	ESP 	04' 00"
8 	011 	ULLRICH Jan 	        TMO 	GER 	04' 02"
9 	014 	KLÖDEN Andréas 	        TMO 	GER 	04' 16"
10 	066 	LANDIS Floyd 	        PHO 	USA 	04' 16"
I thought that somewhere under all the rest there was some point to this thread... found it! So Lance is back in the lead and I think he'll stay there. Isn't he going to retire after this one?

Wish him luck, be nice to go out on a high...

KnightFall

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
So Lance is back in the lead and I think he'll stay there. Isn't he going to retire after this one?

Wish him luck, be nice to go out on a high...

KnightFall
Yep, he'll win this one too. And he'll retire.

EDIT:
Were back on topic, good job KnightFall! :)

Today we got the Madeleine, Telegraphe AND the Galibier!!!! Whoohoo!

David.

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:
Those'd better be beers !

HoD
Nope! They're three "famous" col's in the Tour de France. Aren't you Belgians supposed to be cycling-freaks?

Oh, and a "col" is a sort of "route over a mountain".... :p

David.

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
DaviddeJong said:
Nope! They're three "famous" col's in the Tour de France. Aren't you Belgians supposed to be cycling-freaks?

Oh, and a "col" is a sort of "route over a mountain".... :p

David.
Nonono, a "col" is the foam on top of a beer. And I'm not intrested in watching sports :p

@KnightFall: You gotta admit, those are nice names for a beer !

HoD

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:
Nonono, a "col" is the foam on top of a beer. And I'm not intrested in watching sports :p

@KnightFall: You gotta admit, those are nice names for a beer !

HoD
Oh..... silly me! I just should have read your public profile, sorry! :p

Since two minutes I'm the official owner of the brand name: Alp d'Huez-beer! (Good idea HoD!) :lol:

David.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, yeah if you didn't know any better, you could think they were beers couldn't you. :D

Owww, beer talk here and sunny weather talk in the ETF OT thread, make KF an unhappy bunny! :(

KnightFall

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
Hehe, yeah if you didn't know any better, you could think they were beers couldn't you. :D

Owww, beer talk here and sunny weather talk in the ETF OT thread, make KF an unhappy bunny! :(

KnightFall
I work 10 minutes from the beach (in the Hague) so if the weather stays this way, I'll head on out to the sea with a couple of mates of mine in about 4 hours......

The only advantage of my work-place...... Scheveningen-beach! :cool:

Hang in there pal; we're on "hump-day" already! :)

David.

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Hatsepsut said:
no, it's not bragging, because bragging would have to include some claim to posess a desireable quality
I also like to brag about being an asshole. What part of the definition says it must be desirable or an exaggeration?

And who said anything about IQ? I didn't.

bigD72 said:
Show me your Mensa card.
Never signed up. I went to a meeting once though and it was funny. Mensa is where the nerds go to escape bullies and the mere mention of bully behavior sends them into a panic. I said I played 3 sports in high school and people were trying to stuff themselves into lockers to avoid me.

Garbad

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
IEDIT: I am willing to take any online IQ or intelligence test as proof. Pick and link me and I will link my score.

Garbad
Uhh....... but enough OT-ing. Vino has a good day (better then yesterday at least!). He got over the Madeleine in fourth place. The peloton are 1.13 behind.

David.

Kaysaar

Diabloii.Net Member
DaviddeJong said:
Uhh....... but enough OT-ing. Vino has a good day (better then yesterday at least!). He got over the Madeleine in fourth place. The peloton are 1.13 behind.

David.
It's early yet, and I doubt that Lance will let a rider of his ability get too far ahead.

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaysaar said:
It's early yet, and I doubt that Lance will let a rider of his ability get too far ahead.
No, not too far but Vino is 5,18 behind.... so a couple of minutes won't harm him.

David.