Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LAN Party...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Stompwampa, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

LAN Party...

This past weekend was the first time I had gotten away on my own for a very long time. My wife went up with the little one to visit family in North Dakota, and I went with my best friend to southwest Minnesota for a LAN party.
    It was the most fun I've had in a long time! :)
    We only played Age of Empires III and Battlefield 2 (Mainly Battlefield). But an entire weekend devoted to gaming was quite releiving.
    Plus, shooting at Arab Mercenaries is also a good time.

[/blog]

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

occationally on weekends i go to a friends house and play quake, ut, doom with 4-6 others, its alot of fun killing them and dying occationally

3. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I never liked battlefield. I often play dota with buddies on LAN and battle.net. I find it quite fun as it requires a great amount of skill and teamplay if you wanna have a chance against a serious clan. Actualy sometimes we do a `full-night` thing in one of the local gaming houses to meet up the pro`s and get our arse`s kicked.

4. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

I would like to go to a LAN party, but I suck at games. Then again, I don't play them every day, hours at a time.

5. skihard

skihard Banned

we have a 5 person LAN party every day at lunch, mostly CoD2 but we have tossed in a couple other games just to mix things up a little.

6. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

mm i've never been on a lan party.

7. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

No need to go to a lan party when I'm back home. My friend owns a gaming center there, so we all meet up there.

DoTA eh. I'm an experienced DoTA player, and have setup local clans before.

8. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

I play WC3 and SC at a buddy's place regularly, but I ain't getting any better; once I get my new computer I'll have enough to have my own lan party, or have a buddy come over and go two on two(two computers each, heh)

9. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

There is a group of 30 who are renting out one of our halls the first week of November for a huge LAN party. I'm going to ask what games they are playing and if they have room for 2 more.

10. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I used to do them with the Computer Club at my school. . .we got shut down because I got us sponsored by BAWLS. I'm not sure if they still do it, but they gave us money for pizza and sent us two cases of BAWLS if we told them in advance.

11. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I`ve only been playing this year, so I cant call myself a pro player, but I refuse to be a newbie. :badteeth:

Btw you are still playing?

12. Carnage-DVS

Well, as soon as I get the motivation to install it on my laptop, yeah. I got a little DoTA tired this summer, I went back home to Pakistan and played DoTA non stop. Was in 3 tournies there.

13. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

DoTA?

*runs in fear*

14. Stompwampa

We usually play Unreal Tournament, WarCraft III, Age of Empires III, Civilization 4, Battlefield 2 or Dawn of War.

We always seem to run into some sort of problem though every time we try to LAN...This past weekend it took us 3 hours before everyone got set up and installed with all the right games, then we figured out that one of us had the updated patch for Battlefield, so we all had to find and install the patch. Then I tried to find some CD-keys so the rest of us could install and play Age of Empires, only to get a bunch of viruses and ad-aware which I'm still trying to clear out.
    Then my PC alarm kept going off and I couldnt figure out why. I finally had to Flash the BIOS in a depserate attempt to solve it. It worked thankfully. And now my computer makes a goofy humming/purring noise when it is running. I still have to figure that one out...it may call for a can of compressed air.

Overall, though, we had a blast playing 4 on 4 Battlefield.

15. Carnage-DVS

Defense of the Ancients. One of the fastest growing custom maps for Warcraft 3, if not the most popular. It's like it's own game now, being in CPL,CAL,WCG etc. It's extremely popular now.

16. ael

ael IncGamers Member

It is. I`d say about 80% of nl games on Bnet are dota maps. Also I`ve read somewhere that according to recent polls more than 70% of people think that w3 was actualy developed for dota.

17. Stompwampa

I've played a lot of WCIII, but never DoTA...how does DoTA work? What is the objective?

18. nosignal

nosignal IncGamers Member

Basically, it's a 5v5 map where each player controls a single hero(out of 70+) in order to destroy the opposite team's main building(world tree and frozen throne respectively).
    Each side also spawns computer-controlled creeps that make their way to the other's base. Each creep kill nets you gold with which you can purchase items. Just played a game with my friends, in fact. :thumbsup:

19. Stompwampa

Wierd...I usually play Towers when I do special WCIII games...that's a pretty fun scenario too.

20. Ace_wanderer

Ace_wanderer IncGamers Member

I prefer Battlefield over Battlefield 2 I dont really like it. I used to play mainly Tides of Blood but its kind of dead and most people play DOTA. Personally and fans of TOB will agree with me, Tides of Blood is better than DOTA because its more balanced,has interesting heroes and better graphics.

Thats my opinion but then again I havent really played DOTA.