Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lag...wtf its killing me

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TKtrojan, Aug 27, 2006.

1. TKtrojan

TKtrojan Diabloii.Net Member

lag...wtf its killing me

i posted somthing like this 4 days ago
    the lag was not that bad and was in a few games
    for the past 3 days it was like this for me
    i never have lag, and ive had my connection interupted 5 times today... that happens maybe 1 time a year....

its just so bad yesterday and now today
    idk whats going on.... people keep giving me different reasons
    atleast im know im not the only one
    ive asked like 30 people
    50% of the people think its duper
    25% think its reset (if i remeber last reset was really laggy befor reset)
    25% think its people being banned for duping/and hacks

im just wondering what everyone eles thinks

idk about other people but i wouldent mind paying a small few to keep the servers up, its better then not being able to play coz of lag
    anyone eles think that?

2. Inokis

Inokis Diabloii.Net Member

They could be doing a massive rust storm.
    It could be a new exploit.

These are my thoughts thus far.

3. MapleBarb

MapleBarb Diabloii.Net Member

no clue what it is. But I been lagging up a storm these past 3 or so days :cry:

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

same here, its been really laggy the last few days
    join a game play fine for around 1-2min then the 5-10sec lag spikes start, making it unplayable

i hope bliz is running rust storm more often to get rid of dups
    but if they are dupers could be crashing servers to create more dups

5. Billweed

Billweed Banned

lag

I have not noticed lag in games but I'm a fast connection but have noticed if I make a game do nothing and leave the servers don't delete it right away and I can rejoin etc this is nice for self mule but I have not been able to do it for long time and it is a sign of duping in the past.
    For what it's worth

6. lagalot

lagalot Diabloii.Net Member

Intermittent lag spikes are frustrating the hellout of me :angry:

Doubt its Blizzard banning accs,the last time they did that,just over a month ago I didnt notice lag.Ladder reset:rolleyes:plz.More likely its another dupe/hack exploit cashing in on the rumour that ladder is ending.

7. MapleBarb

US east is getting to be unplayable because of lag. So whatever the reason is all I can say is I hope it ends soon.

8. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, since a few days, the lag is unbeliveable. I'm looking for cows games, not even a quarter of them got a maker/runner and i'm kicked out of games very often, unable to make games within 10 mins delay. If its ssomething tha happens regularly, i've never seen it before

9. rykuss

rykuss Banned

I gave up and went to open bnet, runs seemlessly. Highest my ping got was 94, briefly. Most of the time I ran at a nice 16 ping.

10. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

I get up to 200 ping ++ often :shocked:

11. MapleBarb

I've been getting close to 4k ping in some games. And I was just rudely kicked out of one due to c/i. I guess its 10 minutes in the penalty box for me lol.

12. TKtrojan

TKtrojan Diabloii.Net Member

well i hope the ladder resets but i cant take this lag anymore... i wonder if its this bad on all the servers

thing that is pissing me off is i have alot of friends with the same problem and then i have a few that dont have any lag and when i join there games the lag is small :/ i wonder why

13. Speedster

Speedster Diabloii.Net Member

US West is unplayable - just logged off. It's been this way for a couple of weeks.
    :sad2:

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

I just kicked off West. Looks like no more Pit runs for me for a while. :rolleyes:

15. conor rocks

conor rocks Diabloii.Net Member

I was laggy in uber level game, but it actually wasn't that laggy if we went in town for awhile and came back.

16. rykuss

rykuss Banned

More of the same tonight. Freezing every two damn minutes. I actually completed a few pit runs, so long as I waited for the game to freeze and then unfreeze every two minutes! :rolleyes: The rest of the runs I had to abandon, what a surprise. I'm pretty much down for now, the game is unplayable and damned if I'm going to try muling with a 4k ping. Guess I can play Open for a while, at least it's playable. Come on HG:L and C&C 3!!!! I'm dieing over here.

17. Brona

Brona Diabloii.Net Member

Its been pretty bad on East for me, but here's the funny part

Usually, its me playing on my comp, my kid playing on his comp (both D2 obviosuly) AND I'm also running bot games on Perfect Dark Zero on xbox live. Lag in this instance is not to bad.

But when its just one of us on, and no 360, its WORSE. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Regardless, I haven't died except maybe once from it because as soon as it starts, i sit still. Generally, if i'm not already in a crowd, I'm ok.

18. TurboC--

TurboC-- Banned

The lag is out of control. It's not even lag, that's a total misnomer. Lag is packet latency in a transfer between source and destination. This isn't a net problem, this is a server problem. I call it "server barf." Whatever is happening, the server just has a total conniption fit for 5-20 seconds, affecting everyone. Then it has to catch up. I really suspect some kind of new dupe method. Look at all the HRs flowing like water nowadays. People offering 100HRs for some items - ludicrous! As much as I hate the virtual unattainability of HR's through honest methods, and though I see some measure of HR duping as the ONLY REASONABLE WAY given to the players by Blizz to ever get a HR-word, this has gone off the deep end. Fix the duping (ha, what a funny statement that is) and reset the ladder. I'll start over. And maybe items will mean something again...

19. FrostyTheSnowSorc

FrostyTheSnowSorc Diabloii.Net Member

I've had everything in the book happen to me because of lag... Everything from the common mysterious disappearances of the townsfolk... to creating jibberish several times for the game name and it saying the game is already in existance... and on occasion when I die I get reborn in a naked body right over my corpse and get stuck there...:badteeth:

20. Speedster

Speedster Diabloii.Net Member

"Server barf" sounds about right. :cool:

Sorry, we need a ladder reset now. Everyone has bot games going, and HRs for trade when you know you're lucky to find more than 1 or 2 per character in a year.

Duping is not a reasonable way to get a runeword. I can't understand why Blizz can't find a way to shut this down. As for the idiots duping HRs: just get some bloody skills and play without having every ultimate item equipped. I've been experimenting with a level 85 orb/hydra sorc with no runeword gear -- she has a shako, vipermagi I found, some Tal pieces -- and she solos all of Hell just fine even with my mediocre gaming skills and crappy reflexes guiding her.