Lag Quick Fixes

The Italian Oak

Diabloii.Net Member
Lag Quick Fixes

Just started playing again....

Anyone have any quick fixes I can do to have less lag?

Thanks dudes!!

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Lag Quick Fixes

What kind of lag are you talking about? Is it your video card display? Is it a high ping? Do you have a slow internet connection? A router? Are you downloading torrents in the background (or running any other cpu or network intensive services)? Are you playing on a realm near your physical location?

The Italian Oak

Diabloii.Net Member

It's like when I exit out of a game it takes forever to go back to the main online screen to join a game (which costs me baal runs, etc) sometimes it freezes when I'm attacking then it will show me go super fast before normal. I'm playing in the realm near me. I have a lynksys router with a cable connection, so I know my internet is fast.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member

It's like when I exit out of a game it takes forever to go back to the main online screen to join a game (which costs me baal runs, etc) sometimes it freezes when I'm attacking then it will show me go super fast before normal. I'm playing in the realm near me. I have a lynksys router with a cable connection, so I know my internet is fast.
Cable internet providers are know to do pretty evil things to people downloading torrents. Do you happen to be using any torrent programs? Do other players in the game notice the lag as well? If other players notice, then there is nothing you can do.

I normally run with the /fps command turned on (enter a game, press m, and type /fps followed by the enter key) to see how laggy the realms are. If the ping is high, I don't play, or don't play with a character that needs to make quick decisions. If the ping is spiking, then I go play with a character in normal so I don't care if I die to lag spikes.

You can also get more information with the /framerate command, but the wall of text is pretty sizeable. Repeating the command (or typing the other command) will turn it off (or switch commands).

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

while playing
run cmd/command
then type 'netstat -n'
should give results similar to
Code:
  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
  TCP    192.168.x.xxx:2184      213.248.106.65:6112    ESTABLISHED
  TCP    192.168.x.xxx:2185      213.248.106.65:6112    TIME_WAIT
  TCP    192.168.x.xxx:2186      213.248.106.65:6112    TIME_WAIT
  TCP    192.168.x.xxx:2187      213.248.106.208:6112   TIME_WAIT
  TCP    192.168.x.xxx:2188      213.248.106.65:6112    TIME_WAIT
  TCP    192.168.x.xxx:2189      213.248.106.89:4000    ESTABLISHED
ESTABLISHED = currently in use
TIME_WAIT = is waiting for timout, has been used in the last 3-5minutes

if there are more listed something on your computer is doing something on the internet (could be taking up bandwidth)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

while playing, hit

winkey + R
cmd [enter] (if using win9x use 'command' instead)
netstat -n [enter]