Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lag problem

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kestegs, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

lag problem

I have a lag problem when I play D2 SP:

I have finally realized that it comes mostly from the raining animation, although for some reason it is always really bad in arcane sanctuary too.

Is there anything that can be done? I know you used to be able to get rid of storm.dll, but I don't think that works anymore. I have tried installing the glide wrapper, It seems to be installed correctly but I am not %100 sure its working.

I am not intending to ask for anything outside of forum rules here, so don't offer any suggestions that don't pertain to forum regulations.

Thanks

2. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Diabloii.Net Member

Re: lag problem

Have you tried changing the game settings off in the video menu? Have you tried running the game in 2D instead of 3D?

Is it just parts of the game, or is it your system? Have you tried turning off any intensive system-hogging resources and applications?

I've never had to use the Glide Wrapper so I can't comment on that.

3. kestegs

I do not believe it is the system, but I did not have this problem on my old computer, so who knows.

I do run it in 2d ( merely out of preference)

I turned off blended shadows and lowered light quality to medium. also turned off perspective. these all seemed like things that might cause resource problems.

the lag is really just a low fps rate ( like 15-20 when lagging ) otherwise it normally stays at 25

4. svidikus

svidikus Diabloii.Net Member

I play on a laptop, and mine does that when it overheats. I just try to keep the room cool and make sure the fan is not being blocked by my leg or the desk. I'm not sure if you're on a laptop or not, but this is what I do, and I hope it helps.

This is also laptop-only, but it seems like it happens more often when my comp is still plugged in when the battery is at full charge, so sometimes I will just unplug it for ~1/2 hour to an hour then plug it back in, and for some reason it overheats less.

5. Reppana

Reppana Diabloii.Net Member

I had some lag problems when i started the game and then randomly occuring when playing and i got rid of them by running the game in a window =P
    Don't now if this helps but it worked for me =)

6. sylecn

sylecn Diabloii.Net Member

I have lag when google chrome is installing auto downloaded updates silently at background. It happened a few times before I realize that installer is slowing down the game. I turned it off as soon as I know it is causing the problem.

I have no problem with raining animation though. What graphic card are you using? If you have a new card, try to install the latest driver to get better support for games.

7. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Try googling Glide wrapper. That worked very well for me.

8. kestegs

Thanks for the advice, I had already gotten a glide wrapper, but decided to see if there was another one. This one seems to be working good now, haven't lagged much since I tried it on