Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder vs Non?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by lewisite, May 13, 2008.

1. lewisite

lewisite IncGamers Member

Ladder vs Non?

I googled this but the website found was mainly people just stating one or the other without giving reasons why.

So my basic question is this: Which would you choose if you had just started over? Which gives the better head start at getting good in the economy of the game.

2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Re: Ladder vs Non?

Go for ladder. More items, less chance of getting duped items and the economy is solid when the ladder has just reset.

3. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

But if you like duels, there's more likely to be some on NL. I'd go for Ladder all the way though. NL is more like a trashbin for good Ladder items.

:scared:.....:scared:

4. Aien

Aien IncGamers Member

I'd say you can amass a greater quantity of good items faster on nonladder, but for most people, ladder is the way to go.

The two main reasons to choose ladder would be the ladder-only uniques and runewords and a much more active trading community. A key reason people would choose nonladder is so you don't have to worry about starting over with characters, items, currency, etc. at some unspecified time. As Crowd Control said, I've also heard the nonladder dueling community is more active, but I can't confirm that firsthand.

5. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Well, If you have played through a Ladder, You should amass the Ladder - only Items. When Ladder Resets, the items stays with you, Making the ladder - only items worths many times more than it is in Ladder.

6. lewisite

lewisite IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the responses!

On a side note, does US East and US West have any noticeable player imbalance?

7. Aien

Aien IncGamers Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe US East realms have a higher population than their US West counterparts. Whether or not this is noticeable, I don't know, but I doubt it.