Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder Runewords?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by rsFdii, May 13, 2005.

1. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

Ladder Runewords?

Hey all, just a quick question. I know ladder-only runewords were never enabled off Battle Net, but is there a mod out there that enables them? And what is the forum's opinion on such mods? I'd like to play with runewords, but if that means isolating myself from the community then by all means i'd like to keep with the trend.

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Mod exists. Deemed evil by teh community here.

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Google it.

4. OpethAZ

OpethAZ IncGamers Member

Just be careful when you Google, you can get a lot of garbage... I think there is a good mod that combines the ladder only runewords with options on eliminating or mininmizing the fire enchated "feature"

5. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

I know I can find it on Google, I just wanted to find the general opinion on such mods.

6. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

In the past, mods have been treated differently than hacks and editors. Many members use the red rune mod and state so in their sig, for trading purposes. Mods have been discussed but not linked to.

7. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

BnetMod - After running Diablo2:LOD, press the "Battle-Net" button. It should tell you that you are connecting to fastest server and such, make an account and create a character and make sure you tick the "Ladder Character" box, you can make ladder runewords then.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You can make ladder runewords already, just not the lastest batch of 23. but you can do anything that the arreat summit says is 'ladder only' except for the new words, D clone and as a result, the anni charm.
    Also, if you sue a mod, you are still very welcome here, just that you cant trade, MP or play in tourneys, unless all other people involved in your game/trade also use the mod, which is unlikely.

9. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

smart*ss...seriously, the guy just joined the forums, and asked what, imo, was a reasonable question. ease up...

10. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Exactly!
    I just want to add that most of the new batch of the runewords we can't use in SP are either very expensive (runes in single player are legit, not massivly duped as in BNet) or ridiculously overpowered for the prize of inserted runes. So most of us don't complain that they are not enabled in SP.

11. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

Not complaning or anything, but high runes can be fairly easily, albiet its legitimacy is questionable (rushing). Also, while everyone here seems to shun away editors and trainers, I used to use them to plan and test out characters, and there are some programs where you can instantly skip to any act and any quest, netting you a "legitimate" hell difficulty Hell Forge drop. How, if it does, affect trade values in single player I really don't know.

All the new runewords, in my opinion, are overpowered and ridiculous.

12. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

OK, we are not talking about Kingslayer (MAL-UM-GUL-FAL) - all could be gettin from Hellfroge quest, but about Enigma, BoTD, Chains of Honor. That's a fair number of HF rushes. And it's not so easy to effectively rush at SP (at least you need a good comp and multi-d2 instances)
    Use of hack or cheats is not permitted and if you use them, you can't trade or MP with this community, all items found by charcters with hacked items are tainted and items found by characters using tainted items are also tainted.

13. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Um, how does that make it a "legit" hell forge drop? :scratch: If you undertake practices such as that, then make sure you don't MP or trade with us.

14. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

Psh, there is a reason why I put "legit" in quotes. I'm referring to the fact that the single player community depends on unique item tags, and a trainer-rushed character could produce such a "legit" (notice the quotes) rune with little effort. And I know these are not allowed in SP, I was just posting a theoretical situation...

Must I really explain myself for this?

The whole reason why I switched to single player was to avoid people who take advantage of hacks and bugs. If I myself partook in them then I would be quite the hypocrite. Maybe I should go back to Battle Net and find a Pindleskin bot to run for a year...

15. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Ahhh. Glad to see that you want to become legit here in SPF.
    (I asume that you were not legit on realm if you claim that you have seen a ZOD dropped and you muled it for a friend)
    I want to explain that items have unique tags called fingerprints, except the runes. Even if they had them, you couldn't say that the rune wasn't cubed up from dupes. That's why the trading runes is banned in SPF.

I am just curious what runeword(s) are you aiming for?

16. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

I wasn't aiming for anything in paticular, I was more curious than anything. Also it is you're choice whether you believe me or not in regards with the Zod rune. I myself wouldn't believe myself either ^^. But I saw it. =]

17. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Which you won't find with google. Right now, the only way to get it is by PMing me or anyone that uses it. I really should become a Pal someday and I hope I can put the links to those mods in my signature then. :rolleyes:

There are at least three runeword mods around, and I could find only one via Google just now and I had no idea it existed.

18. ron

ron IncGamers Member

You have to understand, lots of new people show up all the time, and do all sorts of shady stuff. Those of us that play with no mods whatsoever do not want "tainted" items introduced into our item pool. Thus the reason people get so edgy over a comment like the one above. Just mentioning stuff like that causes lots of folks to grab the torches and pitchforks.

To answer your original question, most people don't use the mod in question. The majority of the runewords are WAY overpowered. Of course you may do whatever you wish on your computer, but it will effect your ability to MP, trade or participate in tourney's as mentioned in a few other posts.

Hope this helps you understand this community a little better.

19. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If you want to use the mod then use it, just make sure you don't mix your characters with your regular characters, then you can enjoy new runewords and still participate in this community with MP and such.

Some of the new runewords aren't overpowered/impossible to find. Stuff like Duress, Prudence, Edge, Harmony, Insight are quite easy to make and aren't überpowerful. They would definitely add some flavour to the gameplay and I for one wish that Blizzard would implement them!

20. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

The problem with runes is that they don't have a "unique item tag" or fingerprint. Another brilliant move by blizzard.

Ultimately the SP community depends on trust