Ladder Resets Have come to an End?

CoyoteKid

Diabloii.Net Member
Ladder Resets Have come to an End?

I have a family member who is a design engineer working for Blizzard who told me Ladder resets will no longer exist, due to the increasing cost to maintain and update the system hardware/software. Furthermore, a meeting was held that discussed the Diablo games that exist today, and employees were told they have exhausted all avenues for making a profit versus the other more lucrative on-lines games that help the botton line margin for profits.

I gather from this news, that Diablo2 is now an afterthought.

Lets all pray for D3 to come out within a reasonable time frame.

Gorny

Banned
I have a family member who is a design engineer working for Blizzard who told me Ladder resets will no longer exist, due to the increasing cost to maintain and update the system hardware/software. Furthermore, a meeting was held that discussed the Diablo games that exist today, and employees were told they have exhausted all avenues for making a profit versus the other more lucrative on-lines games that help the botton line margin for profits.

Until you can prove this, it's just rumor.

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
and my uncle works for blizzard to and he said that(insert freq. used rumors here)!

now what do you say to that?!??!!

Z-Suijin

Diabloii.Net Member
I have heard so many of these that unless I read them for blizzard themselves I just completly disregard them all.

I am not saying what you have told us is false, just like gorney said it is hear-say.

Z-Suijin

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
and my uncle works for blizzard to and he said that(insert freq. used rumors here)!

now what do you say to that?!??!!
Well I say that my uncle, aunt, 3 cousins, brother, sister, grandfather AND next door neighbour ALL work for blizzard and they garanteed me that they'll be lvling all my chars to 99 since baal runs are too time consuming :laugh:

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I AM Blizzard! So ha! Now I'm gonna push the big red "Lag!" button on all you newbs!! Ha Ha! PWNED by Blizzard!

/had my fun

k/t

Banned
Actually, I also have a family member who works for Blizzard, and he told me to tell your family member he's fired.

Edit: MapleBarb, need your chars leveled to 99?

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
The Starcraft ladder still gets reset, doesn't it? It happens to mean very little and is for an older game.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member

The only thing I wonder is: you've been here for more or less a year now, what on earth possessed you to make this thread?

Even as a poor joke, mods don't like it very much, and members either...

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Next thing you know he'll want to start a "petition" to try to persuade his family member to convince Blizzard to reset the ladder for us. :rolleyes:

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, I also have a family member who works for Blizzard, and he told me to tell your family member he's fired.

Edit: MapleBarb, need your chars leveled to 99?
lol at first I thought that "he's fired" comment was to me. I was gonna say "ALL OF THEM FIRED? what a tragic blow for the family :shocked: ".

And ya I've actualy been trying to lvl a sorc to 99. I'm now half way thru 98 and still cant remember what possessed me to lvl her up to 99 to start out with. I'm sure whatever it was? it was a good idea at the time :grin:

Tanith

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, nobody in my family works for Blizzard, and I haven't the slightest clue when or even if the ladder will reset. Even my trusted IRC sources tell me their sources have run dry. Though one jokester informed me that "ladder will reset February 30". :rolleyes:

This completely unhelpful post has been brought to you by...somebody who decided Guild Wars is 1. A lot less exasperating and 2. A lot more fun.

Tanith :jig:

Wurmer

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not familiar at all with the technicalities of a resting the ladder but I was under the impression that it wasn't so complicated but I might be wrong. Anyways, ladder should be reset every year or so, it would rekindle the interest of people for the ladder for a short periode of time and clean the economy at the same time.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
You know what it costs to reset a ladder?

One big sweep through the database moving all the ladder stuff to non-ladder stuff.

They already have the routines written.

They already have the storage space.

They don't need to patch a flipping thing to reset the ladder.

I would submit that they are working on something or it would be reset already.

I would guess we're getting one more patch/ladder reset at least before diablo 3.

My guess is sometime in December.

And that guess and a buck fifty will get you a bowl of soup.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I AM Blizzard! So ha! Now I'm gonna push the big red "Lag!" button on all you newbs!! Ha Ha! PWNED by Blizzard!

/had my fun
ROFL :grin: :badteeth: !!

Btw, I'm sure if I look far enough in my genealogic tree, I may find a Blizzard employee that's part of my family :rolleyes: :laugh: !!

Nilaripper

Diabloii.Net Member
At the end of ladder 2, the same rumours were spread.Blizzard doesn't care,they won't reset,they focuss on other things...I am sure they will reset and introduce some features, a new quest and minor changes.Why did a representative ask the battle.net members for suggestions to improve the game?Just look at arreat summit, they constantly update something.The only thing i wonder if its in the next century.:shocked:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Independently from the reliability of the information presented here it's interesting to see what happens when people hear what they don't want to hear :azn:

If the statement had been "I have a family member at Blizzard and he said that the ladder might get reset this year", some of the reactions would have been more moderate, I guess.