Ladder Reset?

AlphaMagnum

Diabloii.Net Member
Ladder Reset?

I see tons of mentions of a ladder reset all over the forums, and I was wondering if one occurred recently, if one is slated to happen in the near future, and when the last reset was.

I've been in SP for around two months so now I know the ropes in terms of builds, chars, and items, so I was getting ready to start up on USEAST b.net. Seeing as I want to join ladder if only for the ladder-only items, I was wondering if I should join the current one or wait for a reset.

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Join the current one.... there are no indications that there will be another

The last reset was summer 2005 (July/August)

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
Nick over at battlenet just updated his posting for this month.

basically they have no news of a ladder reset or another patch at this time. if they do it will be annouced on blizzard.com or battle.net. he is deleting any and all threads over there regarding that topic since there was only about 1000 of them going.

i wrote an email to support at blizzard i expect a canned response back.

regarding basically 2 things. 1. resetting the ladder since they are starting the 4th season of WC3. And 1 last patch to stop the dupers and to make hr drops a little more available than they are now.

after 3 years of playing i have only seen an ist rune drop that is it. i think that is crazy.

in any event i do believe that they are done with this game. it is 6 years old and the profit margin is gone. they have WOW players that they are making money off of. they are no longer making money off of diablo it is an expense so they have no reason at this moment to put anything into it.

only thing we can do is hope they come out with d3 and make it a non pay to play or if they do make it pay to play give us the chance to do single player and tcp/ip connections because i won't pay to play i can't afford it. family comes first and this is a hobby not a job.

Kombat Wombat

Diabloii.Net Member

in any event i do believe that they are done with this game. it is 6 years old and the profit margin is gone. they have WOW players that they are making money off of. they are no longer making money off of diablo it is an expense so they have no reason at this moment to put anything into it.

family comes first and this is a hobby not a job.
The man speaks truth! Heed his words!

TheBhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
I would pay to play D2x but not on an ongoing basis. Pay more short term. I understand if blizz wont do a reset but plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I may be able to cope seeing i started last year about nov and have a couple of decent chars with decent equip. well at least till i got hacked:sad2: