Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder reset?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Evil Monkey, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey IncGamers Member

Ladder reset?

No, I'm not asking when.

But I would like to know what does happen and what the consequences will be for those playing on Ladder.

I couldn't find a similiar topic, so I apologise if this is "old".

2. Bhruic

Bhruic IncGamers Member

Well, basically, all current ladder chars get moved to non-ladder. So to play on the new ladder, you have to create new characters. Everyone starts fresh. You can continue to play your old ladder chars, but they are now non-ladder.

Bh

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

To extend the above post, when your char comes to nonladder, he falls into a different economy as well. Ladder only items/runewords will have high value on nonladder. Runes lose a lot of value for example.

So before ladder reset, it's always good to stockpile ladder only stuff and then sell it on nl for good price :D. This is particularly true now, with new ladder only runewords like faith, fortitude, grief, insight, infinity, pride ...

4. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey IncGamers Member

OMG, my precious precious characters!!
    What a horrible thing to do. :(

But of course that means you have to trade them for non-ladder items :\

Anyone knows why it does happen and perhaps when?

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

When: Nobody knows.

Why: Blizzard wants to. A new ladder also means the new chance for people to hit the top of the ladder, and reach lvl99 first. See it as a race. It is also a possibility to introduce new things to the game (such as runewords etc), even if I personally dont think that will happen. But I'd say its mostly because of the race-thing ;)

6. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

There are many items on NL that are not available on ladder since they are leftover from previous versions, so there are different character builds available because of some of these items.

The ladder reset happens because it is sort of a competition; the first person to get a character to level 99 on ladder wins a free copy of a blizzard game, or at least thats how it worked last ladder season.

The main reason ladder resets is to give everyone a fair chance by starting from the same point, and to eliminate duping at least for a little bit. Both times the ladder has started so far, new game features have been added, like the new runewords and horadic cube recipes.

There is a designated ladder thread for questions like this; I believe its in the community forum, if you can't find it, there's a link for it at the bottom of any post by Aragorn.

7. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

All ladder characters become non ladder characters. And if you start ladder once it restarts, new economy , new everything. NO such thing as rushes, because everyone is just starting.

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Just wait a few days and the basic infrastructure --- cowruns and baalruns --- is up and running. No problem at all.

It might take a little longer to get through normal, as people will be more intersted in getting stuff, but there will be occasions.

Worked at the first ladder, worked at the second ladder, and I don't see why it shouldn't work again.