Ladder reset - what to do with your last week?

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member
Ladder reset - what to do with your last week?

I was just curious; I just read about the reset, and am trying to make up my mind what to do the coming week (if anything).

MF and leveling beyond 85 is out obviously. I think I'll do some kind of experiment. Maybe the IK Leap Barb that I've been thinking about lately.

What are your ideas?

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Ladder reset - what to do with your last week?

make spirit. make spirit.. make spirit..

make any ladder - rune wordd item...

mf/buy ladder only items.

BoD Trader

Diabloii.Net Member

leap attack barbs are amazing, truly my fave char of all time.

Coldsmoke

Diabloii.Net Member

I've done that^^ (accept my pvp nec)

I'm only gonna duell this week, then maybe i start playing again in 6months.

kamap

Diabloii.Net Member

experiment builds u never ever see or have used urself and have a laugh about them, (paladin necro build, conversion thingy) and i'll probably give my stuff away, or keep 1 non lad and trade my stuff for sojs to make dc spawn

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

1. Spend ALL your runes you have Lem+ to ladder runewords
2. Gather & sell socketables for runes on the last moment - Monarchs anyone ?
3. Kick out (read: give away) all crap you have unless you wanna sell it for pgems on NL
4. Plan what you're gonna do next ladder. In my case: start a Blizzy (duh) and start MF'ing / keyrunning, followed by making a Zealot for Ubering those keys.

Be sure to spend all you have in runewords / items, runes are quite worthless on NL !

Silverblade

Diabloii.Net Member

You can start leveling your char in classic mode, then convert it to ladder after the reset. This will give you a head start.
This is what I am going to do until June 17.

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

Forgot to add: upgrade items whenever possible :azn:

ekarisor

Diabloii.Net Member

You can start leveling your char in classic mode, then convert it to ladder after the reset. This will give you a head start.
But your converted character will become non-ladder. Classic has a ladder too.

Greizer

Diabloii.Net Member

Does this really work? I mean, when you create a new Classic char, you still have to choose if it is 'Ladder' or not; does Classic have its own Ladder or will it be reset at the same time as LoD?

If this does indeed work like you describe, why doesn't someone level to 99 in Classic and then convert that char at the start of the next LoD Ladder? Instant #1 place... Untouchable! :jig: :crazyeyes: :yes:

Edit: Ekarisor Pwnd me. :coffee:

Silverblade

Diabloii.Net Member

Does this really work? I mean, when you create a new Classic char, you still have to choose if it is 'Ladder' or not; does Classic have its own Ladder or will it be reset at the same time as LoD?

If this does indeed work like you describe, why doesn't someone level to 99 in Classic and then convert that char at the start of the next LoD Ladder? Instant #1 place... Untouchable! :jig: :crazyeyes: :yes:

Edit: Ekarisor Pwnd me. :coffee:
You are 100% right. It won't work. Ladder in classic will also become Non-ladder. Thanks for pointing it out. Almost wasting a week for nothing.

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

I just gave away everything I had to my best D2 friend. EVERYTHING. Including all the mounds of gold.

Gave him the (changed) pass to my mule account now. After that I delete my last char and maybe delete the whole D2 folder.

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Member

Well playing d2 doesn't feel worth it when you're restarting in a week anyway.... Tough one..

I'll probably play diablo anyway :p
Don't think I'll bother doing runewords and upgrading items, or keep ladder 4 chars/mules.. (still not decided on chars and mules though ;) )