Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Ladder Reset" Team

Discussion in 'MP Forum' started by MizzouFTW, Mar 6, 2019.

1. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW IncGamers Member

I've been getting a pretty serious craving for walking through the game as quickly as possible like I used to do when the ladder reset on Battle.net. Any interest? I guess my goal here is to play as a team (2 - 8 people) in as few sittings as possible to beat the game. It would be really cool to get 2 or 3 (or maybe 8 total) to play as a team and just run through the game.

Any interest?

2. intersilva

intersilva IncGamers Member

I’m interested. I’m also interested in team Baal runs and/or other area runs (pits, AT, CS etc). I live in Alaska, gmt-8.

3. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

This would be in May or June I assume?

4. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Can you let us know some more information like:
    • Server
    • Timezone
    • General availability days/times?
    I predict they will reset the ladder on or around Friday 31st May.

5. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

I’ll join with a Necromancer either Skeletons and Poison or a Bowazon with Fire and Ice. Will you be on US West or East? I’d prefer West, since I’m on the west coast.

6. ioupainmax

I think @MizzouFTW is in KC (Kansas City?) which seem more US East-like, but I dunno

7. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

It looks like you’re in the UK, so are you part of European Ladder then? Would you be able to play US East if he ever gets on with it?

8. intersilva

intersilva IncGamers Member

If I’m not mistaken, the OP is looking for people to tcp/ip with in the style of a b.net ladder reset team, not a literal actual b.net ladder reset team.

That said, while I lean more toward tcp multiplay, I’d also love to hook up with some fellow forumites on closed b.net.

ioupainmax and Jamie like this.
  9. ioupainmax

If it is on a weekend I might be able to, depending on the time.

10. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

@MizzouFTW I feel like people are misinterpreting Mizzou's intentions. It sounds like he wants to do a ladder style, speedy playthrough of the game, but not actually during the Ladder Reset. I assume he may mean our SP characters on LAN, unless he means a playthrough on B.Net or even you guys are right and he actually means during the ladder reset.

Also notice he put "Ladder Reset" in quotations, I believe intending to point out that it isn't actually a Ladder Reset Group he is looking for, but a playthrough style of the "Ladder Reset".

I have only ever played with one person through LAN on my SP characters before and I had a lot of fun. I have been itching to meet up with players from the Single Player Forum and to play around. I would be fine with doing PvP for fun, Baal or CS Runs for XP/Leveling Up and/or doing MF Runs in various places with people to talk and chill with while doing so. It makes D2 a lot less lonely lol. Plus it makes it easy to do things like quest glitch Baal or Diablo Runs.

ioupainmax likes this.
  11. ioupainmax

I recall he said he was 'done with' the SPF in this post: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/ot-the-daily-thread.936589/page-47#post-8862881

So we might not get a response from him.

In any case, the other people who expressed interest can state their availability etc. in case we can get something going.

Server:
    Europe Hardcore Ladder
    Time zone: UK (British Standard Time)
    Availability:
    • Sundays (evening preferable)
    • Weekday evenings
    • Can't do any time on Saturday
    • Can't do Monday evenings

12. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

@ioupainmax I really want to get together with people to play our SP characters. I have officially quit b.net..for now.. I just can't handle the hacks and bots and dupes that ruin the economy and PvP and everything about b.net. Also, my current internet sucks and that can make it annoying. I know that could cause problem in LAN games too, but I used to play with this dude a lot and didn't seem to have much issues as far as lagging and whatnot. Of course you being in the UK and me being in the US, might make that difficult.

13. ioupainmax

I understand, I was (and still am) anti-b.net in a general sense, however, I think it can work when you have a carefully selected group (or guild) and then don't do any external trading/playing outside of that group.

I play with @T72on1 and some other like minded players in an Amazon Basin group that works quite well. I know that there is a MP group on the SPF called KTA, here's a link to their current ladder group: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/kta-k-classic-them-all.965378/

I think it would be possible to take a group from the SPF and have fun whilst being somewhat insulated from the normal riff raff on b.net (although b.net in general does have some drawbacks).

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  14. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW IncGamers Member

@Jamie as you said those were my intentions.

@ioupainmax haha man that was pretty dramatic for such a stupid thing to be upset about.

I don’t play anymore and won’t have time to play for the remainder of the year at least. If you guys can find the people you definitely should experience a ladder-style playthrough of the game. Very fun! Good luck!

Jamie and ioupainmax like this.
  15. D30D0R3

D30D0R3 IncGamers Member

Greetings! I am interested in a complete walk through (HC Europe), preferably on Sunday. I also might possibly find few extra fellows to join the team if we are short of players. They all are beginners though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  16. Chaostar

Chaostar IncGamers Member

Do you think guys it's possible to upgrade to LoD 1.14 and keep another version of the game on the same computer in lower patch ? I really want to keep the possibility to play older patchs some day, I don't want to ruin it by going to b.net...

17. ioupainmax

Earlier in this thread I misunderstood the OP's intentions although @Jamie and @intersilva soon put me right.

To clear things up, I think that EITHER the title should be altered to make it explicitly clear to any newcomer that this is using Single Player characters over TCP/IP to create a ladder-style team play through OR since MizzouFTW has stopped playing and this is his thread, maybe it's worth closing this thread?

It might be worth redirecting people to the Hardcore forum where there are active ladder groups.

If someone wants to make a new thread with a clearer title and a more detailed first post explaining that it will be:
    • Using SP characters for team play starting at level 1
    • Over TCP/IP
    • Version
    • FAM status
    • Date
    • Time
    • That people will need trade profiles etc.
    • Anything else...
    @maxicek what do you think?

Sorry for contributing to the confusion guys!

Jamie likes this.