Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder Reset Challenge/Payout?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TeslaFTW, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeslaFTW

TeslaFTW Diabloii.Net Member

Ladder Reset Challenge/Payout?

I know their probably doing it for their own benefit or whatever and I'm NOT posting this to spam or advertise, but I honestly was curious if anyone else was thinking of taking this up. Read the news at *deleted* for the details, but it looks like the biggest, pro-community type thing I've seen since Blizzard gave out stuff to ladder winners back when. Anyways, I guess I just wondered what people thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
  2. Trekmaster

Trekmaster Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Ladder Reset Challenge/Payout?

i'm very certain that if anyone was to take this up they certainly wouldn't admit it here , as item shops are extremely frowned upon and using them will most likely get you a ban.

Besides i thought these sites were supposed to have their own group of "dedicated experts" to do their levelling and item finding, maybe they're just getting lazy :)

3. EpicDevia

EpicDevia Diabloii.Net Member

maybe not lazy, but doing some business marketing trick to get attention :D

4. TeslaFTW

TeslaFTW Diabloii.Net Member

Ya, I'm kind of embarrassed now as it looks like they added a section rewarding spam on forums. I didn't see that earlier today and sort of regret my situation now (as I guess it looks like that the reason I posted). Anyways, EpicDevia is right, it's clearly a marketing trick. I just thought if nothing else, it was cool to see a community program like that for a 10 year old game, even if their intentions are clearly self-serving.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Please do not post the names of those sites, or I'll ban you for advertising/supporting item shops/hacks and cheats via advertising. With no further warning, no questions asked.

6. Lgpergentile

Lgpergentile Diabloii.Net Member

Tesla PM me the link, I am curious as to whats going on? Are they finally mass banning CD Keys to stop the spammers?

7. Plineyfish

Plineyfish Diabloii.Net Member

I took a look at this yesterday out of curiosity. It's just a marketing ploy. They claim there is a $200k prize pool but just by looking at it i would doubt if its more than like $25k. Also... they give rewards in the form of a gift certificate for items on their site, and it expires at the end of October.

On top of all that the only way you can be eligible to compete is buy using an account they created to mule an item to you. So, you have to buy something from them in the first place to get anything back. Business must be down for them to do something like this.

I still can't believe people actually spend real money on items for a 10 year old game...

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Thread closed.

We do not support item shops or their marketing schemes for any reason.

Please do not ask for links (Lgpergentile) to them for any reason as this is also supporting them and supporting hacks, wares and cheats.

...That is unless you wish to be banned for supporting and pushing hacks too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.