Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder Reset Already

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ZappaFan, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

2. BoD Trader

BoD Trader IncGamers Member

Re: Ladder Reset Already

It's nuts isn't it! I barely made any effort this season, so it doesn't bother me much :) Quite looking forward now.

3. LiftedUp

LiftedUp Diablo: IncGamers Member

I had just finished my chanter two weeks ago, and now she's useless. She had a slvl 54 chant.

Well. New ladder season here we come. Let's kick ***, hardcore.

4. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Besides Pindle, Eld, and Shenk I'll be staying away from boss runs this upcoming season. I doubt it will really affect my item finding as I tend to find everything I use in completely random areas... or chests.

Go, Go, Kick/Trapper - Noomi for reset.

5. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I'll Guardian a Bowazon or die trying. As someone who has never made a real bowa before, consider this attempt feeble!

6. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Am I the only one who isn't happy about this?

I have struggled to try and get my Sorc to 99 (96 still, no chance!)and have accumulated a metric ton of lovely items (one being a rare Pala circlet with 20% FCR, +2 Skills, 30 Str and 15 Res...epic eh?) which I have promised to use on characters once I have made 99 and it's all going to waste now! So many friggin' self-found SoJ's this season as well, which are gonna be pointless very soon but the thing that pisses me off the most is why the F is it always a start/mid-week reset?! I have a career to attend to mind!! That and i'm off for a long weekend to Poland on the 30th so i'll get two short evenings of D2 then a big gap until i'm back on the Tuesday so I will miss the crucial early levelling stages and fall behind!! Blizzard really can suck my plumbs (sorry Zappa!) as they never effect a reset when we want it (years overdue) and reset it far too early! (for me at any rate!!)
    The only way I will be happy with this is if Blizzard action something so that there are no effin' bots pushing me further down this new ladder!

7. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Interesting that it coincides with the kick off of Blizzcon 2010 .. Maybe a new patch that bans all bots will be unfolded. Its slightly "Meeehhh" for me at this point. I barely played this last ladder and only saw a few people on my f list at the very beginning of the ladder start anyways.

8. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

if they get rid of botters, i may try for 99...

9. xXxfunbobxXx

xXxfunbobxXx IncGamers Member

im probably not going to play sc2 is addictive enough as it is and i started school i might repop my head around some though.
    A friend got my 97 sin killed so i gave up on 99ning also i just stopped playing once sc came out lol. if anyone wants to add me my real id is [email protected] or xxxfunbobxxx char id 830

10. XMastermineX

XMastermineX IncGamers Member

I agree with you first its way overdue now its to early ...but maybe they are trying to get back to doing it at a certian time every year ... anyways i will be using the MastersX as my account name for the reset so anyone that wants to join me in team play just /w * me i think i will start with a orb sorc first thru nm but may do fissure/summoner druid or kicker/trapper sin fist not sure yet

11. ZappaFan

It took me the whole season to get three characters to a decent level. My whole effort was two get to key finders, one for D Key (IK Barb) and a Tele Sorc for Countess/Summoner, and my BO/Frenzier for Ubers. Finally farmed some keys and did Ubers for the first time about two weeks ago, and now I'll be starting over. I would have liked the season to go on at least until the end of the year. I'm pretty bleh about it. The beginning of a ladder season can be exciting, but if they don't do something special with a patch this will probably just about (re)kill D2 for me.

12. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Why so early? This is not fair. And I mean not fair :(

13. XMastermineX

XMastermineX IncGamers Member

I just thought about it i didn't even get to die once this season !! Almost once when my barb was tristing at level 13 a pker hit me once and i almost deeds but i had lots of hp's via charms and gear and hard points ... i think he was shocked i didnt die !! This low level PKer was used to one shoting his victims and i knew he hostled me but i never saw him on the screen before he hit me but he had a partner that was shadowing me ... i was kinda daring him to come get me without saying anything ... i was dealing some good damage with some good low level items and wanted at least one swing at him but i didnt have a shield on i was dual weilding that almost killed me should have switched to my shield ... i might have stayed for a shot at him once i saw him after he hit me ... but with only about 40 hps left i decided to punt!!

14. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Fair play indeed Mastermine :)

15. ZappaFan

Well it's official, this ladder reset is "reset only". No patch or changes of any sort.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=26850265610&sid=3000

16. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

That official note reads like it is written by someone who doesn't understand the majority of hardcore players who play because they enjoy playing the game and slowly building characters not interested in the slightest in"the race to level 99".

But hats off to the 4 dozen players or so with level 99 characters on the EuHCL, clan member or solo!

And commiserations to the players of the 3 dead level 98 necros!

Note to Blizzard - Kindly make all aspects of the game, events and runewords available to non ladder players.

17. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW IncGamers Member

Looks to me like I have to buy the game again through the blizzard site to download it.

I'll be playing again... for a short while anyway.

MYK, hit me up!

*honorable