Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder or non-Ladder?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Millennium, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Millennium

Millennium IncGamers Member

Ladder or non-Ladder?

First of all I'd like to tell you guys that I play this game casually, not for real challange, but I do like dueling from time to time.

I have a lvl 50 Necromancer (Bone build) from like 1 year ago, so when the ladder reset occured, that character became non-ladder.

Should I continue with that character, or is it better for me to open a whole new ladder Necromancer? I mean are those ladder only runewords etc really important?

And as a sub question, could you guys give me some tips on Bonemancer in general? What to do for PvE/PvP for example?

2. CosmoNova

CosmoNova IncGamers Member

Re: Ladder or non-Ladder?

if you dont mind to rebuild another one (join public game for lvl), go for ladder!
    There're too many over-powered gear / ppl in non-ladder...

3. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Yeah, considering NL has the luxury of everything that's been on Ladder past, you're much more likely to feel competitive on Ladder than NL. On Ladder, you don't need to have super high end gear or near perfect charms.

4. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Unless you are wealthy, I say remake the char on ladder. Non ladder is full of overpowered dupes and bugged items, most of which are used in pvp. So the "noob" is rarely going to be able to compete, even if he has some skill.

5. Millennium

Millennium IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies, then would Bonemancer be a good choice? I am more interested in PvP too, do you guys think a FoHer is better for that purpose?

6. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

A bonemancer is fine, they are good in pvp due to having damage that can't be absorbed (except for maybe by a few points which is useless).

FoHers are very expensive if you want to build a good one. They can be very successful duelers however.