Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder or Non Ladder? Your stance?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Quest For Glory, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Ladder or Non Ladder? Your stance?

I got a lvl 75 ladder sorc.. I was thinking I might jump on the whole ladder thing and check it out. Free of dupes, hacks, a brand new fresh start. Maybe, maybe not. But I miss my old non-ladder sorc, she has a special place in my heart :rolleyes: - I'm thinking of going back and play around with her for a while... In your opinion, what makes non-ladder fun, or better yet, what makes ladder more fun than non-ladder from your experience? Curious...

2. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Ladder is free of hacks, but not dupes. Runes got the hell duped outta them.

However, I find its most beneficial to go ladder because certain items spawn there that U cant find in non-ladder. Eventually, when they renew the ladder, yer char w/ these special unique items keeps em when its gets sent to non ladder....

BTW, the ladder itself is a joke. No one cares where they are ranked

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Actually I did for a while. I tried to stay at place 666 on Europe :)

4. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Actually a lot of people care about their rank. If you manage to be the first to 99....that means youve managed to beat the whole world. Thats one of the few ways to prove your truly 1337.........or that you have too much time on your hands.

Anyway, i started playing ladder when the patch came out. Then i quit, cause mfing wasent working, gave all my stuff away. 5 days later i got my stuff back and started playing. Then i quit.....now ive started back up again on ladder. Someone help me....

Lastly, a bunch of uniques only spawn on ladder, meaning theyll be worth alot when the season ends. A bunch of recipes are non-ladder only. If anything, its good to get on ladder so you can use the upgrade recipe on some of the exceptionals.

Lastly + one, ill be playing exclusively on hardcore ladder ( to die to rakinushu, of course ) when the ladder resets.

5. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

i must say, the ladder realm is a truly beautiful place for me. not only is it harder (smarter AI, stronger monsters), but those tasty new ladder-only uniques drop there, and imagine the worth they'll be once the ladder resets - so even if you are in love with non-ladder, in the long run playing ladder will be more beneficial to you. plus, starting out clean and fresh every once in awhile is real fun, with the race starting all over again.

any educated guesses as to when it'll reset again?

6. MammaMu

MammaMu IncGamers Member

I played sc ladder until a couple of weeks ago. By then I had myself an uberequiped, totally unfun hammerdin and 4 accounts of mules and various desperate-for-kicks-charbuilds down to an untwinked rabid druid in mid nm.

Now I'm back in scnl and trying to have some fun with the disgusting amount of stuff that have acumulated (spelling? I'm swedish, ursäkta då ;) ) over the years. But, I'm still getting bored and what to do? I played hc during most of the 1.09 era, but can't stand it anymore as it gets kind of repetitive (make char, equip via mf:er, die, make char, equip...et al).

Obviously I should quit, and yes, I've played an hour of KOTOR there and some hours of EVE and Anarchy Online there, but damn it, I can't get rid of that LOD fever, it's like a plague. Once you're hooked you can never, ever play any other game again...

Sorry 'bout the ranting. If any of you oldtimers have any sugestions (spelling?) for a challenging yet fun and viable char build for a bored-out player I'd be grateful :xgift:

7. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

When ladder ends people will be clamouring for my Goldwrap Battle Belt..
    They will be all OMG u R TEH M4d 1337!!!1 EYE GEEV u ITAMEZ AND ZOD RUN

8. skihard

skihard Banned

After finding Andy's Visage the other night and deciding it is very nice I will most likely only play Ladder.

9. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

Well, I don't want to spoil the party but you will need a Goldwrap Troll Belt to be teh 1337-:king:

-AnQ

10. hoopyfrood

hoopyfrood IncGamers Member

What it really means is that you're prime target material for those who find way's to exploit Blizzard's massive security hole(s). /bitterness

I've heard that argument. Scarce, perhaps, but worth alot? Worth alot of what? Duped non-ladder items and runes? So once off-ladder if your ladder-only Tyreal's Might were to get you 20 duped Vexs and 20 duped Zods.... I guess that's valuable to someone, but non-ladder items are about as "valuable" in my eyes as manufactured open single player items...

11. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

No ladder for me :)

12. Vladicus

BALZAC!!!

Ahh, well... It's off to troll belt land for me.

13. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Ladder for sure...you get more out of it in the long run. Which means I might eventually be giving away some of the non ladder stuff that is gathering dust on my accounts. (full tals set, 60 ias armor, shako, Occy, War Travs, And more......)

14. Mafia-CUD

Mafia-CUD IncGamers Member

I think after this ladder season i'm gonna play Nonladder softcore but Ladder hardcore.

Alternatively i could get picked for the WoW betas and never be seen in the World of Diablo again.....:evil:

Is this waht they mean by disloyalty??

15. patheticloser

patheticloser IncGamers Member

OMG you are giving freez!!! CAn I have!!! I need freee!!!!! :)

16. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Ladder only for me, now. As a matter of fact, I just gave away all my non-ladder stuff this morning to people who just about died when they saw what I had. Full Tal's set, full Nat's, full Mavina's, tons of most excellent and exquisite uniques, ed jewels, runes from sol to gul, at least 20 skill GC's...
    I wanted to cry. I sang goodbye melodies to each character as I deleted them, and stroked them lovingly on the monitor as they winked out of existence.

17. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

No ladder for me either. I tried it for a few hours, then missed my usual chars. I don't care less if there are many dupes/hacks in NL: since I don't use those, it is not my problem.

But I like the recipes to upgrade high runes. I wish I had those in NL. Bah, maybe in another life.

18. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

patheticloser

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aragorn_elessar
    Ladder for sure...you get more out of it in the long run. Which means I might eventually be giving away some of the non ladder stuff that is gathering dust on my accounts. (full tals set, 60 ias armor, shako, Occy, War Travs, And more......)

OMG you are giving freez!!! CAn I have!!! I need freee!!!!! :)

You sure picked the nick.

19. Vladicus

Forgive me, but what the hell?

20. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

Quest For Glory is suggesting that patheticloser is in fact a pathetic loser. Suggesting in a really weird way.