Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder-Only Runewords - should we petition Blizz?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by supermatt, Apr 18, 2005.

1. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

Ladder-Only Runewords - should we petition Blizz?

as many of you should know there are many runewords available for Ladder D2X players which are not available to us single players. in fact there appear to be about 50 or 60 Ladder runewords while we have a max of 30 or so at our disposal. you can see some of what you're missing out on here.

anyway, regarding Ladder-Only Runewords:

should we all post regarding this on the B.Net suggestion forums at the link provided?

i would hope that if a lot of us are interested that maybe Blizz might bless us with an updated 1.10 patch with some of the sweet looking B.Net runewords

:? matt

2. z3r0x2

z3r0x2 IncGamers Member

I've already posted on the suggestions forum along with a few other people who were complaining about the runewords, perhaps you could find that post and continue it?

3. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Heh. Did anyone else see the way they managed to push WoW twice in that letter. Methinks their focus isn't on D2 anymore

4. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

shermo is right i fear. also since you got an automated reply i doubt very much that your email was even read by a human at all.
    im not an expert, but it seems to me that with the changes already made server side, it wouldnt be so hard or time consuming to release a new patch... if they cared. dont hold your breath.

5. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

ever since the FE bug was fixed server-side SP players have been "petetioning" Blizz for a patch, and make no mistake, an FE/Gloam bug-fix is far more important than some overpowered runewords most SPers could never hope to make anyway. It's been over a year, and as yet, no fix. I'm not holding my breath. D2 is done. it's all about WoW now, and maybe D3 in 3-5 years.

6. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

i have learned to deal with the FE and the Gloams, but i can't stand not having the Ladder runewords.

i've mailed again to see if i can get a human response...

:) matt

7. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

It would be fun to have a couple more runewords to shoot for...

As it stands there are a couple nice runewords that are in the realm of SP possiblity like Duress, possibly Death, Edge, Harmony, Insight, Oath, Obedience, and the insanely overpowered Spirit

8. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Doubtful, since a mod is a mod. And is technically against forum policy IIRC.

If we did we'd have to be all hush-hush about it and be all... stealth-ninja-gosu-leet-d00dz with it.

I say we just all gather at Blizzard HQ in where ever it is they are stationed and demand it up front.

Yes I can see it now. A few hundred people from all over the world grouped up in the entrance of Blizzard's offices, some shouting explicit remarks such as "omg n00b!" and "j00 sux bl00z4rd n00bz!" and of course the whole lot led by Me, lemmeh, and <ban not to be mentioned but really everyone knows who> and <other ban not to be mentioned but everyone should really know who>. Yes.

We would r0x0r them.

9. corax

corax IncGamers Member

did anyone else notice the link to a competing forum? :D

10. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Not to mention that mods don't tend to work on Macs.

11. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Yeah.

But we all know nobody important here uses a Mac.

:teeth:

12. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Fully agree on this, who cares overpowered runeword (either too expensive, or too cheap), FE and Gloam bugs need to be fixed.

13. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yeah, I would much rather see Blizzard fixing all bugs instead of enabling all cheap and overpowered runeword's in SP

14. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Why not!

Im a old fart and I like a good fight! Who cares what they think. Ill feel a lot better about it all knowing that I at least tried.

Do a search on the suggestions forum for a post by hunzeen called "New patch for single player please" dated 18/4/05 at 2:51:31 pm gmdt.

Add your voice!

15. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

with FE bug fixed theres definetly more players is going to enjoy the wonders of HardCore.Dont care about new RW...just fix god dam buged ancients, dont want to die anymore just becouse i didnt looked fast enough at the ancients !!! :mad:

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It cant be too difficult for them to put all server-side upgrades into a downlaodable patch. But alas, if that takes 1 person 1 day to do, then they wont go for it since they'd rather be working on there money making machine, i mean WoW.

17. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

While a patch would be nice I think HBB hit it. We're low priority. Since I'm not a programer, I don't know how much effort it would take to fix FE bug (Is gloam bug a bug? Did they fix that on the realms?). It may take more time to get it "download" ready.

It's been a good ride, 1.10 was an interesting patch. I may play bnet someday. That way I can at leastglimpse the mythical land of Ber and Cham before I go to the clearing at the end of the path.

edit - I'll go and post at the suggestions forum, to "help" the cause of course.

18. ron

ron IncGamers Member

I play on Bnet, as well as SP. The new runewords are WAY overrated. I obviously have not tried them all. In fact I have only been able to make a few. The ones I have made are too overpowered. Spirit shield/sword on a hammerdin is nuts. Insight polearms on mercs give basically unlimited mana. Edge bow is nice to equip when gambling for the 15% reduced vendor prices.

I did manage to find a Vex rune. My highest by far on Bnet. Icy Cellar in NM Ancients Way of all places. It is now sitting in a Heart of the Oak on a mule. :)

19. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I never did appreciate how bad the FE bug was because I primarily played casters or ranged chars.

Lately, i've been levelling an IK barb and MF'ing with a Hammerdin and - Holy Cow! - i've been hit by FE bugs at least 5x now ... and it's not like i'm trying to play stupid or whatever.

I've got newfound admiration and respect for HC melee players now for sure.

Oh, and yeah, i'd petition for runewords too!

20. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

ok i added my 2cents to the thread. i doubt it will even be noticed by blizzard, let alone acted upon.
    however, i am certain it wont be taken seriously unless the thread becomes much much longer than it is now. i have no idea how many of us there are here but there are clearly 100's. for this to stand any chance of success we must ALL go over there and add our vote.
    come on spf! dig out those cd keys! dune