Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder MF Bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Curry-Chi, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Curry-Chi

Curry-Chi IncGamers Member

Ladder MF Bug

anyone experience this before??

well its been going around for a month or two now, well i have my MF Cold Sorc whom has 588 mf, and when i mfed andy/meph they drop CRAP ALL THE TIME. and, i killed hell baal with my paladin and got a isenhart helm off of him.. everyone has been talking about this so im jus wondering why it hasnt been fixed and how is it caused?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

It's not a bug.

Just luck of the draw.

3. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

What would be the point of MFing if you got good items on every run?
    I haven't found anything good from baal yet, not even charms.
    I've found a few mals/ists & one soj from hell countess, try running her for a change, maybe you get lucky.
    Also, shenk & eldritch are good targets.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

it's all luck, although it does appear to glitch from time to time. i suspect it has something to do with the random number generator. usually, i run meph with around 400 mf, and usually everything he drops is rare or better...usually A LOT better. i scored a cool hydra edge with triple durability, 200+ed, and 30 ias. i can't check on jewelry, bows, or throwing items, but i would say his chance to drop rare or failed set or better is around 80%. the last non-fail magical i got from him was a shako, and that was the only regular magical item i found in over 2 weeks.

but, some days i get runs of doodoo. in fact, i would prefer failed unique rares to some of the sets and uniques i get from him. usually, if my first run of the day is nada, i'll do something else. however, if it's something good, i'll keep trying. a couple of days ago, i got 2 stormshields in one sitting.

moral of this story: your mf is (probably) working but your luck is bad.

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Nope, still luck. Real glitches are much rarer than zod runes.

6. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

How about when hell andy dropped nothing? Not even a plain item.

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Make sure you don't kill act bosses near some obstacle (like chest, or Meph near the blood pool, Baal near the pillar...). This will prevent items from dropping, since they have nowhere to drop...

If you kill them in open space though, you'll always get your items. This is not a bug.

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

With no additional players in the game act bosses can drop completely nothing. As long as there is space for Duriel to drop something, he'll always drop a scroll of TP though.