Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xf9ea779
+200% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Guided Arrow
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
Fires Magic Arrows
D2 Wiki says it's Ladder only. I read in another forum that this may occur sometimes in SP games. So if this is the case (quite obviously), why does Blizzard label these items Ladder only?

LongingForDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Ladder items in SP

All ladder only items can drop in SP, just like all ladder only cube recipes will work in SP. The only things (at least so far) that are really ladder only are some runewords (unless you install the runeword mod), Ubers and the Diablo Clone. Everything else exists and works in SP as well.

Florio

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the info.

Er.. well, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. Actually, I knew that Ladder items can be dropped in SP. The only thing I still don't understand is why they are labelled "Ladder only" if they can actually drop in SP.

Anybody got some inside info for me?

LongingForDeath

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not sure if SP actually still even exists for Blizzard. By labeling an item "Ladder only", they just want to point out that those items can't drop or be created on non-ladder battle.net.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/uniquebasics.shtml said:
(Ladder Only)
This item can only be found by Battle.net Ladder Characters as well as Single Player, TCP/IP, and Open Battle.net Characters. It will not be found by Normal Battle.net Realm Characters
They probably could have come up with a better short-hand label, but anyone who actually reads the site carefully will know what it means.

Jcakes

Diabloii.Net Member

It is funny, on the horadric cube recipe they say single player, ladder only