Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder Drop Rates.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ancient Greek Necromancer, Apr 16, 2019 at 7:50 AM.

1. Ancient Greek Necromancer

Ancient Greek Necromancer IncGamers Member

I played the game ages ago. Most active before synergies had been a thing, too. I recently decided to have a go at it again. Is it me, or item drop rates are terrible? I am almost halfway through normal and not even one set item, not even one unique. Act bosses drop yellows, even on first visit. Back in the day (1.09?), interesting items weren't that scarce to come by... Even cruising through acts randomly, used to yield one or two uniques, three-four greens, etc.

Did they change item chances to drop, or something? Also, last time i played ladder (years ago), i reached hell with 60+ level skelemancer, but ultimately died (hardcore), because crucial items for build would never appear, during farming, or even good runes to make nice runewords. I don't know what to do, maybe i 'll just give it up, it's pointless to keep playing, since itemization is all this (type of) game(s) is about.

Any insight? Advice etc? I know all about magic find gear, andariel glitch, joining games with act bosses quest not completed, all places for farming (countess for runes, etc) and the insides out of the game already.

2. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Sounds like you are just having memory crossover since last you played, you were playing well-geared chars that were probably sporting a bit of +% chance to find magic items....

In any event, I would push on. The set/unique drops in Normal usually aren't anything you will want to use long, anyway. Nightmare and Hell are much better for drops. Also, most of the best items now are Runewords, so get ready for that hunt.

If you don't mind a reset, Single Player is much preferable to my thinking. You have more control of what you play, since you don't have to trawl bot-games, have static maps, unlimited stash space (with forum-approved apps)... the list goes on.

3. Ancient Greek Necromancer

Ancient Greek Necromancer IncGamers Member

Thanks pal. Will give it a try to Nightmare, then. Initially, to be honest, i was mostly interested in Single Player, but there is Ladder only content (runewords and uniques exclusive to it, as well as those events). So, i think i am going to stay with Ladder, as is.

4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

You can do anything in SP that you can do on Bnet with the exception of the Uber events. But in Single player you can do nice things like have an infinite stash and no lag or internet required.

Here's the SPF sticky thread, which has info about the things that are available to Single Player players. It's got a ton of info in it, but if you ever want any help with anything people are always willing to walk you through it.