Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ladder D2 after years of Single player

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Wolron, May 10, 2018.

1. Wolron

Wolron IncGamers Member

I have decided to try the Bnet ladder. I looked into it years ago and decided to concentrate on single player, but now I intend to give it a try. I have started a hardcore expansion ladder character (Amazon) and I have a few questions.

I have tried to find my character in the ladder and cannot. I notice that the ladder contains characters that are way out there (level 80+). Is there any way to see the low end of the ladder (level 20 for instance).

I do not intend to play with "multi-player", so I am going to have to do this by myself. Is there any way to mule items into a larger stash? I considered creating a second character to use as a mule, but I cannot imagine being able to use him as a mule unless I have a second login on another machine and allow him to join my game.

I am used to upping the challenge and the rewards by using the PLAYERS 8 messaging. Is there any way to do this without getting some help from other players using "multi-player"?

2. Turbocannon

Turbocannon IncGamers Member

To mule on Bnet, you have to create a password-protected game, stay in it for about 5 minutes so the game is "permed" (i.e. it will stay up, even when empty, for a long time), then test the permed status by logging out and back in, before dropping whatever items you want to mule onto your other character. Make sure to wait at least 10 seconds or so between each logout/login, as Battle.net will lock you out if you login/logout too fast, and you will lose the items. Bnet muling is nowhere near as convenient as on singleplayer.

There is no way (known to me) to replicate the effects of /players X on Bnet.

Word of advice: if you aren't actually planning on using the multiplayer aspect of the game (i.e. playing with friends), don't go on B.net. It's not worth it. Your characters are not permanent there - they will be deleted after 90 days of inactivity (to be more accurate: your account is deleted - individual characters merely expire, which means they are deleted when someone else takes the username). Your ladder characters will also get moved to non-ladder every year, which means they will then have even less options than a singleplayer character without the Runeword Mod. You will just regret playing on B.net when you quit D2, then come back months or years later, only to find all your work is down the toilet as you no longer have your characters or any of your items.

drmalawi likes this.
  3. Wolron

Wolron IncGamers Member

Well, it takes a long time to get enough runes to try to do what I wanted to do (make some ladder-only rune words) so you may have convinced me to give this up. Thanks for the response.

4. Turbocannon

Turbocannon IncGamers Member

No problem. If that's what you are really looking to do, then give the Runeword Mod a try. There should be a download link in a sticky somewhere around here.

drmalawi likes this.
  5. Wolron

Wolron IncGamers Member

I cannot find a link, so if anyone knows of one, please provide. Thanks in advance.

6. drmalawi

drmalawi IncGamers Member

7. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Why not try the multiplayer aspect of the ladder? It was just reset, so everyone had to start fresh. When everyone has nothing and people are joining games to actually quest it can be pretty fun.