Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

(Ladder-climbing) Wind Druid Questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by CdMagicFind, Oct 23, 2006.

1. CdMagicFind

CdMagicFind IncGamers Member

(Ladder-climbing) Wind Druid Questions

Read Fenris' guide already, but it's for 1.10 as far as I know. Looking to get somewhere on this season's ladder relatively soon. Have a lot of questions..

1. PvM, what would be a standard gear selection? I know this is in the guide but it doesn't even mention Spirit, not even on the CTA switch, so I was thinking it may be a bit outdated. Some of the things I've been considering are:

Helm: Shako, Crown of Ages, Rare/Magic Pelt or Circlet, Jalal's
    Ammy: Mara's, Rare FCR Ammy
    Weapon: HotO
    Armor: Enigma
    Shield: Spirit, SS (Would rather kill fast instead of being a bit more steady if these are arguable as long as he isn't kicked around without SS)
    Gloves: Trang's, Magefist
    Belt: Arachnid
    Rings: SoJ's, BK's, Rare FCR
    Boots: Rare Tri Resist or Treks/Travs
    Charms: Anni, Torch, rest I have no clue on. Probably will save space for PvM, maybe skilllers, lifers, whatever.

Could I get an optimal set-up? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to afford it. For the optimal set-up, I'd like to know the necessary/good mods for rares.

2. PvP, same as above but for PvP. I'm guessing a few items are needed to be able to switched into so I would need the points into Str for CoA, etc. What would be needed to be switched into also? (Ex: CoA for melee, TGod's for Trappers, etc)

3. How important are resistances? I know Cyclone has 0, so would it be as important to have decent/good/maxed resists?

4. How much life do they have actually? I've never actually seen a good wind druid's life. Do they have more than Hammerdins, Barbarians, etc? Does Oak Sage make up for the low life per vita?

5. Gonna MF with this character before the Baal TP or whatever comes down. So, is this build particularly good against Eldritch, Shenk, or Pindle? I know Lightning Sorcs sometimes died against Shenk because they had low life, no block, etc. Hammerdins sometimes died against Pindle because of low range on Hammers in closed areas.

6. How do you take a screenshot (off topic)? I really never figured it out. :laugh:

Thanks, I might have more questions later on. Hope I can get some of these answered. :smiley:

2. lordofericstan

lordofericstan IncGamers Member

im a shifter so all i can tell you is to take a screen shot u press the Print Screen button on the key board, and it saves a pic of the screen in your Diablo 2 file.

3. CdMagicFind

CdMagicFind IncGamers Member

Thanks. I'll be sure to post a picture of the Druid once he's Lv 95 or so (to be about #200 on Ladder).

4. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

1. Looks like you got the gear down. Only thing is the decsion about shield, you have to decide wether your going max FCR Bp or not. It cannot be reached with both SS and Enigma. Personally I prefer FCR but I don't duel much.

2. As stated above not much of PvP'er, so i'll leave that as it is..

3. For PvM I wouldn't look twice at it, just recast after taking a few hit. Poison res. is the only thing to "worry" about, and that shouldn't be a problem if wearing Treks.

4. My windy-druids has never had above 2,5k life (done fine anyways), but then again I've never used cta for 'em..

5. Because of the good range of hurricane and the spam-ablity of Tornado, I personally find that windy druid are good in all aspectes of PvM (MF/rushing/fun.)