Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lack of Respect in Banana Channel

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by AzaZaz, Oct 2, 2006.

1. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

Lack of Respect in Banana Channel

So for anyone who's been playing they'll know theres been some hell baals going on lately which is great.

Parsnips (or carrots) and I do hell baals alot on our own and since people are doing them its a good opportunity to play with others.

We advertised a game we were doing and Jugs joined us first game and Kil the second. *Vortex. char named Noobd joined in the second and I noticed he wasn't in the channel so he came from someones F L.

I said to parsnips as we're playing "I don't trust him, watch him make a run for the baal drops." As it is common practice he or she who runs baals typically gets the drops.

Low and behold we kill baal, he drops a unique ring, vortex wastes no time picking it up. Makes up a **** n bull story about not knowing. Proceeded to tell me it was a dwarf but did not offer to give it up. From a character who was using hoto/enigma I hardly expect a dwarf to make such a difference so I assume it was a significant item.

Regardless of the quality of item, the fact that these people are present in the channel, and worse yet invited into private games via the "trustworthy" peoples friends list is offensive to me. I enjoy playing in a "friendly" community but if people who have no respect for others are going to be tagging along, do me the favour and just don't join my game as I would not invite such an immature individual into your game.

Regards,

Aaron

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Some conventions that I've come to understand with organized Baals (this is for people like *Vortex who either don't know them or simply choose not to obey them):

1. He/she who Teleports gets first dibs on all drops.
    2. Everyone stays until the first person enters the chamber room, unless someone needs to leave to create/Teleport next game (in order to get maximum exp out of Baal).
    3. If there are two or three high-level characters, they get to kill Baal by themselves, i.e. everyone else leaves as soon as someone enters the chamber room.

3. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn IncGamers Member

Well that really sucks to hear that Aaron, I know that can be pretty annoying. I just recently returned from a couple month break and I have noticed there are a lot of new faces in the banana channel. Maybe these new people aren't used to the rules that PT mentioned. I hope they can learn from this post and start being more respectful.

-gambit

4. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

yeah it could very easily have been a misunderstanding and that is certainly how he played it off. "Oh i didn't know thats how its done." Which is why I mentioned the fact that he was using hoto/enigma and didnt offer to return the supposed dwarf, presumably a meaningless item to such a char. Untrustworthy.

Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth because I know how openly nice some of the banana chan people are, and I also know how greedy/selfish some people are who lurk in the banana channel. When I see these people socializing with the really nice people, I just kinda shake my head because its so blatent that they're just biding their time until they can take advantage of them or others, in small ways or in large.

5. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Am i still allowed to come harass you and twish?

I don't have any friends, so no need to worry about anyone following me.

On a serious note though, sucks to feel that you can't trust people man, if y'all ever need people to fill runs without concerns about your drops being ganked, let me know, i can toss a few afk chars in town as i cs my pally and just drag them every run.

If all else fails, go off a few hackers, that always seems to cheer ya up man

Cheers
    -Tai

6. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

it certainly does Tai and of course you know you're always wanted and welcome :)

7. AnimageCGF

AnimageCGF IncGamers Member

People just dont learn :/

8. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Banana chan has gone bad. The few times I have been back on I know noone in it. Diablo is going down and the only people left are the few legit...and the botters to sell their stuff on Ebay...and the newbs who buy it because they cant put enough time into a character to get items. (unless they join priv games and steal drops :) ) But yes...as a dieing game the worse of the worse are mostly who are still there.

PS I MISS JOO GUYS!

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear you don't trust the Banana's anymore. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding though if everyone truely wasn't greedy items would say on the floor until everyone agreed on who needed it.

Since I wasn't able to play much lately, and when I did play I generally played by myself, and now I've quit all together I have troubles keeping track of all the new faces and who's who in the channel theses days (In fact I don't even know your account name Azazaz).

I try to keep an eye out for people being ignorant pricks but its tough to watch all the time, and half the time I only see half of a conversation because people started it in a game and finish it in the channel, etc. Anyway, what I'm saying is that its important that you guys let me know if someone no longer deserves the privlage of entering the banana channel. Just common sence is all that's really important.

However, *Vortex has been in and out of the channel for the last couple weeks and hasn't really done anything else ignorant that I know of, so no ban's yet if thats ok.

-hps

p.s. Its uber helpfull to me if you guys put your dii.net account name in your character's profile. Like gambits, parakleet, turnips, and probably some others that I can't think of right now.

10. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Am I suddenly non-existant?!

So what if I play like an hour a week, hmmm?!

Speaking of the Banana channel, yeah, the couple times I've gone in there since making my ranger it has been completely empty. Makes me want to /wrist

Oh, and hi Spade. What's wrong, takin' a break from another, crazy 'buffin yourself out' sessions? :wink2:

11. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn IncGamers Member

I really don't think the banana channel has gone bad at all. Sure it's got alot of new faces, but it's still mainly trustworthy people there. It's a good place to go to if you need some help or just want to hang out. Oh ya, I agree with you AzaZaz, it does seem strange that he would refuse to give the ring back considering his gear.

-gambit

12. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

No no I just dont feel like playing. Bought myself a new pet this weekend..go go sugar glider. lol. Me and my girlfriend are getting really serious and looking for an apartment and such. Runescape is pretty fun as well.

:) how are yall doing?

13. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

since I'm one of the new faces, thought I'd introduce myself. hi! that's it. my account name is *goveg.com and uh, i'm not an *** :tongue: . I started playing d2 again recently after taking a 3-4 year break. lost my first character last night to a tppker, so I've got a little druid in act1 right now.

14. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Hello GA... no wait, you call yourself the bananas. Well, there's rotten bananas, be sure of that. Pass th ekinfe, expell him from games, make him feel unwelcome. Terrorize him. PK him. Just get him out. Make a stand, and a statement. That's how we kept GAT-Europe clean in ye olden days. Be a dick once, and get kicked out.

15. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

There will always be some folks that can ruin a good run... it happens. Next time just don't allow that person in the game and have each person in your runs ask if it's cool to invite some1 else b4 they join the game... and make the pw something ODD... :rolleyes:

Btw Hp, Azazaz is still his acct... well @ least the one I've seen in chan.

16. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

be grateful he did not tppk you.

I dont like to play with strangers.

Lost too many to PK.

Kull

17. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

My sentiments exactly. Just because he's "been around for a couple weeks" doesn't mean anything.

My accounts are *AzaZaz. and *AJ_hc, have been for years :) I play with Trish alot and you'll see *Parsnips and *Carrots....most often if its a low lvl pally on parsnips its a good chance its me pking.

The beef I have is that this individual came not from the channel but from a forum member's Friend List.

My question is, if this is the type of person on your friend list, a guy who does not respect your game rules after you inform him etc etc, what kind of "friend" is this? More importantly why is he on your list in the first place?

18. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

Heh, I'm one of the new guys. I haven't gotten Hell Baals yet, but my account is GreenieMeanie.

I did not know these rules, but I generally don't go for drops because I lag a whole lot when Baal dies and can't anyway. But I also try and play with people who are generous, and often we can decide who needs what, rather the grabbers getting the items.

I saw the pally Noobd in one of my NM Baals. I was using a Hammerdin and keeping Salvation on (switching to Cleansing on Achmel, etc). All he did was teleport around, and without his concentration aura my hammers were doing 600ish damage. Not to mention the fact that he wasn't using hammers and was generally just not helping at all.

Funny that you mention the same guy in this thread. The only other people in my game that I didn't know were tekmatek and a character named Bowa-Kengu who both seemed cool (added them to friend's list after the baal runs), so perhaps Noobd is one of their friends.

19. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Well thats good to know! I've been wondering who *Parsnips and *Carrots was for quite some time now!

-hps

20. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Seriously HP?

Trish has had some sort of vegetable fascination for years...

Not trying to imply anything of course.

-Tai

P.S. I just hopped into a full banana channel (well 10 people including me and the bot) and the only person i knew was an afk Trish, the price of having a fast growing channel.