Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lack of game Knowledge, yet Stinking Rich?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by squigipapa, Mar 19, 2004.

1. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Lack of game Knowledge, yet Stinking Rich?

Ok, I diden't want to post a reply to this guys post in the newcomer forum because it is a newcomer question and it is in the right forum, and we were all newcomers once etc. etc. but here was his question

When I read this question, it got me thinking. Obviously this guy is very, very new to the game. No problem, welcome to this great game! :)
    but how exactly does someone who is obviously just starting to play have access to a GA and the runes for an enigma? GA, is a little more understandable, although I know I diden't have one for a while, and of course I'm sure some people will just say 'ebayer' but if the guys never played the game, or is just trying it out to see if he likes it why would he go and start buying all this high end stuff on ebay?

Just to clarify, kingcu, if you read this I'm not picking on you or anything, I mean 'can you make runewords out of rares/uniques?' is a very valid newcomer question, I've seen a lot of people ask it. The thing I found wierd was just the way the question was worded was as if you had this stuff already, when just starting out.

So I guess my question to the community would be, How common is this situation? Where someone just starts out the game and becomes filthy rich? How exactly do they manage it? Shoulden't it be more important to PLAY the game a bit, get to know the in's and out's of it before you start thinking about the highest end runes/runewords/items in the game?

I guess the other thing is Maybe this guy is just playing single player and using some downloaded characters to try things out, in that case I guess I can kinda understand wanting to try playing with some of the higher end stuff to basically see what you like and which type of items you'd like to shoot for when starting from scratch.

ok, well I've been blabbering .. Later.. :)

2. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

grr.. forums went haywire on me there.. so i'll type this out again..

maybe he has some friends that have played for awhile and just hooked him up..

or maybe he's a smart newcomer and actually looked at arreat summit(or this site) and answered some of his questions himself, but just needed some final clarification.. i know a kid that look at the summit and then got the game determined to find a full trang's set.. even though it took him a week to beat act 1..

-Lost

3. Onefuryz

Onefuryz IncGamers Member

His mates would give him a ber and a jah and then not give him a Cheap 3 socket armour. :thumbsup: or at least tell him what he can put it in. :cheesy:

4. gismo

gismo IncGamers Member

Maybe he has just never made a runeword. What? No, couldn't be. :scratch: It's happened. There has been lots of times where long time players have made that mistake.

5. simplyLost

heh i would.. kinda a practical joke.. plus it be funny if they put them in normal level armor.. :\ and who knows.. it could've gone something like this..

giver: here take these rune and put them in a piece of armor in this order(insert engima order here)
    taker: okay thanks man, do you have some armor i could use
    giver: no.. but you can socket your own in act 5..
    taker: thanks again man
    *taker leaves game*

not so farfetched if you ask me..

-Lost

6. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ya, that makes sense. Like I said, I wasen't trying to give him a hard time or anything, if he has the runes, more power to him. I mean If he's a newcomer to the game, I think it's great that he's takeing the effort to join up to a forum and post to the approiate forum, I wasen't knocking him for the question itself, just wondering about a few things.

But ya, that could be a perfect explination, buddy used to play, quit and gave him his copy of the game and his account. In fact if that is what happened, he's got a great friend .. I only wish I could find 1 of my 'real life' friends that even played D2 ..
    :spy:

7. simplyLost

here.. there's like a lot of us that play.. we turned our history class into discussion about d2.. and there was nothing the teacher could really do but stand there wondering what the heck we were talking about.. good thing it's ancient history and we could throw in info about ancient weapons and what not ;p

-Lost

8. jblakely

jblakely IncGamers Member

This game is way to addictive....... dont wish that on a friend. He/she is probably better off out in the world than sitting in front of a monitor. :lol:

9. chaka

chaka IncGamers Member

Eh, maybe he's just thinking ahead... or wishful thinking... or perhaps just wondering. Nothing wrong with that. I think you are assuming this guy has the runes & GA.

10. Vender_Bender

Vender_Bender IncGamers Member

My dad and step mom play. their friends play too they have even talked of visiting them. Where I used to live I had about 4 friends that played. All D2 is, is a fun Instant messenger program that is way less complicated.

11. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

Okay, that's kinda sad, inferring that instant messenging in its traditional form is at all complicated...

12. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

All those crazy buttons and confusing chirps and whistles! I can't handle it, man!

13. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

I wish I were rich enough to put an Enigma (Jah Ith Ber) in a Grizwald's Armor just to run around and ask ppl why it didnt work. The responses would be priceless.

14. Masticophis

Masticophis IncGamers Member

lmao.. that would be funny as ....well, it'd just be funny

15. Unsane

Unsane IncGamers Member

-- Lack of game Knowledge, yet Stinking Rich?

It gets annoying..

I found this Windhammer whilst exping my merc and since I'm not that rich and didn't just want to throw it away, I continued to exp my merc in a game called "o Windhammer" ..so.
    First came this druid, looked at it for a while and said "no I have sword with 6xx - 8xx dmg" ..WTF!? I'm guessing botd or something.. anyway. Everyone knows what a Windhammer is? Atleast everyone with such a sword should.
    I assume the next person did infact know what Winhammer was. He came into the game, said "noobs." and left. What a dingdong.

16. Gheeds Army

Gheeds Army IncGamers Member

this was going to b my anwser. this guy may not know what this enigma thing is and not even know what the benifits are(let alone the worth of such a item) he just may b hearing all this enigma this and enigma that talk and thinks this thing grows on trees (with ebay it does) my io rune for your ber or silks of the victor and this rare ring(crappy at that) for jah come to mind. also on a side note, if runes duping never happend...how many botd do u think would b out there now?