Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lack of Faith and Time

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MitLanEvoIII, Apr 1, 2004.

1. MitLanEvoIII

MitLanEvoIII IncGamers Member

Lack of Faith and Time

Now adays no one ever plays through the game by themself or with friends. I don't mean without ANY help but without getting "rushed" or given an entire suit of armor and weapons. I know acts 2-3 are painstacking long, but you must think of this also: How many times are you and a party questing and a lvl 12-15 character joins and goes PP!! PP!!! PP!!!!! NOW #%#*!! They are obviously too low of a level to help you, at least 99.9% of the time, and they just leech potions and items. I know myself I could not beat the game by myself and that it takes a long time. But what is the big climax when you beat hell baal? Cows? I mean yeah cows are fun, but they are very repetive and as a former thread said, most parties are noobs and leechers. If your a powergamer, then I have no problem with you. It's the "people" that say "rsh me plz" or "if it's a good sword I need it.." and they don't even help. I'd be glad to give people items and anything they need as long as I feel they have a gist of what's going on.

In closing, I'd like to hear your opinions or thoughts/experiences with anything like this. I mean, am I alone on this feeling: Most people do not make an honest effort to try and battle through things. These people are a) powergamers, which I have no fight with because they are nuts :D b) idiots that are lazy and their spelling makes me want to hang myself, "sup dude, rsh plz" If you read all this thanks, I just needed to get this off my chest. If anyone wants to play, message me on EAST at *MitLanEvoIII

***Evo The Barb

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Hey Evo, btw lanevo owns =).
    Anyways I understand your pain with low lvls looking for rushes in pubbies. Personally I enjoy questing from act 1, lvl 1, all the way to act 5. Occasionally I'll ask a friend to drop me ancients, anya, and baal waypoints. I like to quest myself through the beginning acts because I enjoy leveling up, and norm is easy! With all this said I do cheat a little though, because I will usually drop a death sash/gloves or partial sigon set for my low lvl chars. Personally I like to do the questing solo, solely because monsters have the least hp. It's more fun questing with a buddy or a lot of people, for faster leveling though. I think I might cheat even more...by tossing Khalim's Will or Hellforge hammer to my char =). It certainly makes a fighter out of a low lvl caster though.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i've quested through solo with all my chars except single tree sorcs.

i find it pathetic that somebody found a way to screw up with a class that is basically unscrewable, like a ww barb. i've seen countless 70-80 level barbs with no skills allocated. i've done over 10 of them through hell, and it got to a point where i stopped putting vit at all to make it more challenging.

there was also a time when me and another sorc, both 18ish, did duriel together. we basically had no skills. he used 1 pt glacial spike and what looked like a 2h sword, i used cleglaws and 1 pt static. everybody else in the game quit, but he and i managed to kill duriel. wasn't pretty, but we mooshed it out.

4. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

I always lvl to 25+ solo, up to act 4, with most of my chars, even though I'm using twinked items (Clegaw Sword/Shield, Twitch, Sigon Glove/Helm, Hsaru Belt/Boot, Angelic Jewerly, life/stat/max charms :))
    If I'm a sorc in baal runs, at lvl 25, I seem to be the only one to tele to baal throne, even tho there's a lvl 45 sorc with good gear (pcrown, vipermagi, branch/occy, frosties) while I'm stuck using Angelic Set + Hsaru set <,<. I sit there and chug so many mana pots...

5. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Well, I agree in general with what you're saying because whats there not to agree with?
    Ppl come into pubbies and spam either TP/PP, or chat during baal runs (Melee chars, not casters who can type between spells). Leech lots of exp by blatantly walking around doing nothing. I've seen a barb in baal runs that was unarmed by the way. Hmm... no effort to keep up appearances at all.

I don't quest fully all the way, because sometimes its just so repetitive. What I definitely do is level up properly, not leaving act 1 until at least 15, sometimes 18 depending on caster/melee. I never hit diablo until at least 25.
    Level 45-50 before going to NM
    Level 75-77 before going to Hell

Why?
    I hate it when I'm not contributing to the party effort.

Its one thing if you're standing around in baal runs cos there's an uber sorceress with 10 K meteor sorting everything out.

Its another thing when everybody just sits in town expecting everybody else to do the running and cast tp when reach the throne. I mean its one thing when somebody is ok to do the running/teleing, I think its great, I remind myself to thank them properly each time. But I'm not averse to walking/running cos its good exp, it might even be the difference between levelling or not levelling once every run.

So far I haven't found a big enough pool of friends to do private baal runs/pit runs. If you guys are on EastSCNL, it be nice to form a group

6. ian_linington

ian_linington IncGamers Member

He was probably using +Str charms to equip items.. if you do that it looks OK on your PC but on anyone else's you look like you have no weapon/armour.....

I know cos I get it all the time when I twinkle my low level pallys with sigons, angelic & deaths

Them: Pally wot weap u use
    Me: "Deaths" set sword
    Them: No u don't, u got nothing.... n00b
    Me: Whatever....

I carry on killing stuff :)

Cheers

Ian L.

7. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the beta.
    I'm pretty sure that the one I encountered was unarmed though, cos he was busy (or not) hiding in the corners and standing around. And he ran away to town whenever things got slightly hairy.

8. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

How people play games can reflect how they are in real life. My friend bought this game to play on battle.net, and all he did was join games looking for free itams. I mean, it's one thing if you've done everything in this game a few hundred times, but if you are begging for items when you don't even know where the Den of Evil is... c'mon.

What hurts even more, is how much godly gear he got just from begging. :(

9. Hypofluoro

Hypofluoro IncGamers Member

I am certainly no expert at this game and definitely am not rich in items. I play because I enjoy the game and will always have that need to have the "powerful" items that everyone desires. I really believe that you need to suck it up and participate if you are in a party. Does anyone really like to die, NO! But I die because I make that effort. Yah, sometimes I bite off more than I can chew, but at least it shows that I am trying. Besides, there is nothing that keeps track of how many times your body ends up on the ground. Am I embarrassed, no; because I know that maybe I got too close, or maybe I am not strong enough yet. The problem just comes down to maturity levels and respect for each other. If you have a super char on bnet, it doesn't mean that you are awesome in real life...

Some redemption for all of you here: Today I was leveling my meteorb sorc in act 2 norm with six others. A char entered the game and kept asking to party. We were not able to get to him because we were busy in the maggot lair. He decides to go hostile on us and kept talking smack like he was going to come down and kill us. He finally caught up to us and we killed him on three seperate occasions. It was great. Finally, we got some revenge on the people that we are talking about today...Talk about a pathetic person!

10. wsimian

wsimian IncGamers Member

:rant: Ooooooooh!!! I hate that the most. The "suddenly hostiles". People with nothing better to do with their time should probably open a book or watch a movie ... take a walk or roll in the fresh grass. Or hell, go take a kung fu class or something. Argh.

11. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

usually if somebody does that and stays in the game longer than 5 secs (they usually drop right away) i say "bring it" and say i'm in a totally different area. i make them run around for a while.

12. D34D

D34D IncGamers Member

lol nice idea hal .. i'm going to remember that one, wonder how many differant acts you could get someone to go to. Free virtual beer for the first person who gets someone to all 5 lol :drink: