Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lachdanan theme build {help~}

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by MrGoth, Apr 7, 2005.

1. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Lachdanan theme build {help~}

I've decided to do another theme build. If anyone knows where the name Lachdanan came from, then you will see why i'm using a specific item in my gear list.

My gear;
    ~eth carapace {-req/all res}
    ~stormy {'um'}
    ~veil o steel {'um'}
    ~dungo's
    ~drac's
    ~gories
    ~highlords
    ~raven
    ~2nd ring?
    ~weapon?

The problem is I'm not sure what weapon to use here. It obviously must be a sword to fit in the theme. I dont want to use any runewords on him, even though using some ebotd would obviously be everyones choice. The only runeword I like tha tmight fit this build would be eternity, but the only sword that it would be good in was a cryptic, which doesnt come tih 5 sockets.

Does anyone know of any uniques or some other sword that might fit in this guy's theme?

If it helps, this is just a standard zealot setup for physical damage & deffense. Not really made to duel, just for fun.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fallen Creation

Fallen Creation IncGamers Member

I would say go with an Oath Cryptic, if you're on Ladder. Lachdanan had an oath to serve and protect his King.

3. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

That does sound right up this guys street, but i do not play on ladder. :( Great idea although.

4. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

maybe a cruel cryptic sword of XXX or cruel myth of XXXX
    they have a cool black shade and are quite effective

-jordy :king:

5. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

oath crypt the shizzy one hand sword for a pally that isnt phase.

whoops.

um yeah... you might consider creul mythical, or crypt. of envisceration or some psycho good rare wep.

6. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

I would elect to get my hands on a cryptic, but i cant seem to find a nice ccsoe or any ccsoX on west nl.

I know i wouldnt need that much speed on him to get a 4fpa zeal. I hope i dont break down and have to go with a mythical, its too short imo. THere are still a ton of dupes on west although...it would need 3x 15%ias jewels with my highlords to get 4 frames?

I know this isnt the trade forum, but if anyone knows anyone with an unnamed cryptic, point em here...

Thanks for the replys so far!

7. vinsensual

vinsensual IncGamers Member

i dont want to say it but i think lachdanon would look best as a barb. that way he can hold a mean 2 handed sword and still keep the ss on. for paladins mythicals look like machetes and cryptics are too clean. id make it as a barb concentrator, more of a 1hit killing kind of machine, and i prefer collosal over collosus. if you go runeword, then you can personalize it and itd say like "lachdanon's (death, grief, last wish) good luck with the build mate

8. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

I thought about that for a long time myself. I finnaly chose to go with a zealot because lachdanan was one of leoric's knights, and even though a barb in a carapace looks alot like one of the blood knights, the shield would kill it, and that would mean i'd have to use the veil over arreats, and arreats is alot of helm to beat.

The stats of veil pail in comparason to arreats. The str req, slightly less +stats, and deffense kill veil even though it comes with more all res {although an 'um' arreats would only mean one small charm would have to be there to make up for it}. And arreats has low str req, low lvl req, leach, attack, and skills...

I really did think of barb vrs pally alot, and since this guys only lvl 27 atm, i might still change.

What I really hate the point that they didnt give d2 the split skull buckle, or atleast something that had its graphics. Atleast a paladins holysheild will cover up the yellowish gold of stormy.

Also dont suggest timats/steelclash, even though its black....uck. I want him to be effective.

Again thanks for the replies, more are always welcome~!~

9. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

er edit time ran out;

I also checked at hal's conc guide, and with a cb i'd need to put a -req/ias jewel in my veil just to get a 10 frame conc. I dont think 9 frames would be effective with this theme build on a barb, 10 is a stretch, being that i already have a -req/+15 all res veil & "um" ss.