Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

L sorc PVP Guide?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by wic, Apr 27, 2008.

1. wic

wic IncGamers Member

L sorc PVP Guide?

hi every1...

I was looking for some L sorc PvP guides, but could not find any... can any1 here plz give me a link to any useful guide? :)

btw... would u guys recommend L sorc for PvP? what about Ubers??? can a PvP L sorc make uber runs?

thnx.

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: L sorc PVP Guide?

^There is no guide yet but I've been thinking of writing one.

Are you experienced with sorcs? What kind of sorc would you like?

There is ES, vital, block and a mixture of the two.

Regarding Ubers.. they can do the uber minors but not trist. It's best you stick with another char for ubers and go ES for pvp.

3. Arnatkoak

Arnatkoak IncGamers Member

I'm fairly experienced with sorcs myself. I have a blizzballer MF sorc and a bowsorc. Was thinking of doing some kind of PvP build as well. A Pure Lit Sorc would be kind fun I think. I'm torn though on how to get the most from a PvP sorc as I am more of a PvM kinda guy.

4. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

5. Arnatkoak

And none of them are for a pure Lit PvP Sorc.

6. DayDream

7. wic

wic IncGamers Member

Thnx for all the answers so far... I am kind a new in here so I would really like some help getting started with the L sorc.

I've been playing diablo since like the demo :p but i did quit and restart cuple of times. My First char has always been Orb sorc for mf and then a paladin zealer/smiter for like bosses and som PvP fun and ofc Ubers. anyway....

what i wanna use the L sorc for is simply Duell and own, and maybe do some cool stuff like ubers, cow, baalruns etc. any tips of what i need to think of when I create a L sorc like that? budget = 8-10 Hrs Maximum... (ladder Europe)

PS. any odd and fun duell chars are welcomed. like my cousins Fireclaw Druid. always fun to try new things :) so plz let the suggestions Rain Down On Me! xD

edit: off topic... how can i make Diablo II into a windows instead of having it like Full screen mode??

8. Arnatkoak

DayDream: I'm looking for a single ele sorc myself, thinking Lit. w Max damage, best course for -resist, and more focused on PvP. Gear options are wide open.

9. DayDream

Unfortunately, I play east and so I do not know the value of the items you will need for euro.

If you plan on also pvming, you may want to go full vital and seeing as how you have a budget. If you could get the value of these items then post here again then that would be great as if we go over the limit then we can just swap the items with another alternative.

We'll start with the basic 117/86fhr

Stats should be obvious - Enough str to use gear and rest into vital.

Chains of honor in a low req armor, mage plate, dusk shroud, similar low req popular armors work as well.

There is a better circ but its commonly duped and expensive, Griffons will help here with the -res for pvm and 25fcr.

Heart of the oak in flail - Common caster weapon, skills, resist, etc

Arachnids - the only belt with a skill, also gives FCR.

Spirit 32 FCR - You only need to reach the 117FCR so you only need 32 FCR here.

Amulet - Maras, +3 lightning life amulet, tals, rare 2 sorc/resist/life/etc. Any will work.

Gloves - Bloodfist, Trang, chanceguards. Bloodfist for most duels, trang against cold sorc, chancies for mf.

Rings - I believe that the low bk ring should be cheaper than a legit soj, try to attain 2.

Inventory - With the budget, Low storch anni, and fill rest with plain light gcs and life scs. You'll need 1 fhr sc here if you use bloodfist.

Switch - call to arms and random spirit.

You may also want to get infinity for your merc as a priority since you plan on pvming.

Try to get the value of these items in the Trade Value section then post here again, we'll replace items and go from there.

Arnatkoak: Honsetly, I find -res to be pointless on characters that have low amounts of -res while playing legit. It's very easy to stack over 50 lightning resist which exceeds the average -res on a sorc excluding cold.
    However, max damage does work out.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  10. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

Oh... Thought L means Ladder, as I've never seen L being used for lightning. My mistake, I guess.

11. DayDream

Lol np :p I thought it was that at first too and took a guess lightning over ladder. it happens.

12. wic

wic IncGamers Member

nice :D thnx so much for the tips... as i thought!!! all is good except for the Griffon wich costs a lot. T and Anni are no probs... this char seems to be ok. what about the skills?

13. DayDream

If you do not have a source of shiver armor prebuff, get one point into that.

1 in warmth
    1 in tstorm
    Max out lightning, lightning mastery, chain lightning, charged bolt, rest into nova.

You cannot get your hands on a low griffons? Like even the lowest will do.

I just want to confirm that you can get your hands on an infinity polearm for merc? Pvm is hard for lightnings without it.

14. wic

wic IncGamers Member

i se nice :D i wounder how much griffin woudl cost me :p i will check it out later. but the merc stuff are already in my stash. ETH forti, infinity and andys face... maybe i will get him dream.

so basicly this char will not cost me as much as i thought :p but if i want to go TOP. and i mean like Best items what shoudl i get? like Crafted amu etc? anything u recommend?

15. DayDream

Stick with the andys, dream won't help.

Best VITAL will be expensive but you'll also have one of the most life as a sorc on your realm. (Without the aid of others e.g : barb bo, druid oak)

Fortunately, while you go for max damage, you happen to also have the most life a sorc can attain.

I've been experimenting around but this build should do.

117/86
    CoH

Arach

3 light skill, 90-100life, 2 socket with jah or pruby. This is what pretty much makes the damage/life build.

3 Light skill, 90+Life amulet

10Fcr ring, strength, life, resist. You can go ahead and build around this if you don't plan on swapping anything out.

Bul kathos - Cannot be bo'd but the skill and 40+life is still good.

Treks - Fhr and stats

Trang/Magefist - Prefer trang over magefist for the extra cold resist.

Eschutas - I'm going to go ahead and recommend this over hoto. With a build like max damage lightning sorc, the chain lightning from facet can ACTUALLY kill someone. This should give 1k or so more damage.

Inventory - High storch, anni, 1 FHR light gc, rest Light lifers and 20/5s or 11s.

Some sorb gear you can stash are:
    Wizardspike with -req / 30 cold resist jewel.
    Wizardspike with -req / 30 light resist jewel
    A ravenfrost
    A dwarf
    Tgods
    Another FCR ring with light resist/life. - You use this when you use tgods.
    Hotspurs/infernostride - If you decide to use one of these and actually built around treks, you'll have to get another Fcr ring with x Str to make up for the treks.
    Kiras (thul) or 3 light, 100life, 2os with thul.

As you swap treks out, you'll have to make it up with two more FHR light gcs.

You should have atleast 3k life with this. (Bo'd)

16. wic

wic IncGamers Member

god damn u good :p XD i se where u wanna go. the L sorc will be a bit to handle but the rest i can get for sure... and the helm will cost me a bit but no doubt i will try it. ty so much man, and btw i did mf a bit today with my pala. did found like 10 5% dhr scs and some fhr with otehr mods will for sure be useful for this build...

one last Question... since i am no so good with the numbers what do u mean by 117/86? FCR/FHR?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  17. DayDream

Mmhm. 117/86 is FCR/FHR

117 is lightning FCR bp
    105 is teleport bp
    86 is fhr blah blah.

Have fun with the build. I would actually stick with griffons if possible considering you are going to occasonally pvm. you'll kill monsters quite faster. Also, that ideal circlet I believe is to be 40+hrs in any realm.

18. wic

wic IncGamers Member

aiight ty soooo much for the help man...

my cousin came up with an idea....

what abot 6sox pb or cs with 5-5L facets
    3sox helm with facets
    4soc arm with facets
    spirit shild
    2x 10fcr ring etc.
    rare amu 2L skill etc.
    arach
    20fcr gloves
    som sks and fhr scs....
    torch and anni

merc:

infinity
    forti
    andy

what u think could it work?

19. DayDream

Doesn't work at all
    You don't even hit the 105 fcr bp for teleport.
    And you won't even be close to max resist.

No offense but horrible idea. :p

20. wic

wic IncGamers Member

haha ok ok :p well i shoudl get started building the Sorc then. thnx once again

Diablo II.net (L)