[L] Self-Defense Build?

HolyHammer

Diabloii.Net Member
[L] Self-Defense Build?

I play PvM. Period.

Every time I find myself in a nice Baal or Chaos run, some moron looking for a fight comes in and hostiles everyone, ending my runs. Usually a Pally or a Sin.

I'm tired of running away from some leet-speaking 8 year old.

Can someone suggest a build that I can use to intimidate these ppl out of my games? I prefer melee characters. And if the build can't scare them off with a dirty look, then it needs to have the power to pk them, so my nice friendly runs can continue. I have decent wealth, but not a bottomless budget.

Sorry if this has been posted a thousand times.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
You cannot make a melee PvM oriented build that can cope with PvP oriented casters like hdins.

Windy seems the happy median here.

HolyHammer

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Dennis, but this char would be dedicated PvP. I would leave runs, go get him, and chase the guy out with him.

D2Freak91776

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't corpse explosion do massive damage to players since monsters in hell have high life? If so I would agree to a bonemancer.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Bonemancer?!?!?! Whats an awesome PVM build that utilizes CE as its main source of damage...... SUMMONERS!!! Summoners normally sink a full 20 points into Ce, granting them a range larger than the screen, clicking a corpse at the end of your screen could let you hit the pally from up to 2 SCREENS AWAY. Just to give you a sample of CE's power, lets say that the cocky little pally sneaks up during the 5th wave, the minions of destruction have an average of about 24,000 hitpoints in hell dificulty. If you amp'ed the pally before casting, then you damage will look like this.

24,000 x .60 = 14,400 minimum damage, 24,000 maximum damage,
14400-24000 damage
7200 physical damage, 7200 fire damage, amp effects, 14,400 physical damage, 7200 fire damage, total of 21,600 total damage.
24,000 damage, 12000 each
12000 x 2 for amp = 24000
12000 x 1 fire = 12000
36000 damage total, if we say that the pally has 85 resist all, my infinity merc breaks him even, and with 50% dr, the damage will look like this.
14400-24000 total damage, then take a PVP penalty of 1/6, and you get
2400-4000 damage.

Thats 3200 average hitpoints lost per cast, that means that the pally will die in 1-2 casts MAX! Ouch, that teaches them to mess with a summoner
SUMMONERS FTW (druids included) :cool:

Bogie,

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Since when were sorcs immune to CE? NEVER!
Fireballers couldnt get close enough with all of those 33000 hitpoints around.
It would be an automatic KO even with the 1st three waves/regular throne monsters.

HolyHammer

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyrs - Good point, no BM build is off limits. They are already BM by jacking up my game.

So nominees are Bone Necro w/Summons and CE Necro.

Anybody have a melee build to suggest? Casting and letting summons kill for me is boring to me. But if it clears my Chaos/Baalruns, then I'll do it.