Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[L] Quick Question on AR and the importance of it VS casters der=0

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by vietl0yalty, Jun 15, 2005.

1. vietl0yalty

vietl0yalty IncGamers Member

[L] Quick Question on AR and the importance of it VS casters

i am contemplating on my anti-caster switch and was wondering how much AR is sufficient enough to kill sorcs/necros/druids? i should have 4k AR off the bat and was wondering if i should wear this +2 pally circlet 20fcr AR per lvl 37life 15resist circlet (gonna socket it with 15ias/15resist jewel) for the major AR boost along with p ravens (but casting hammers with 30fcr) or a +2 pally circlet 20fcr 24str 68mana 14resist (gonna socket it with 15ias/15resist jewel) with p ravens and a 10fcr ring (which gives me 50fcr and reaching the next bp)

if you feel like the major AR boost isnt necessary then i d rather go with the 2nd circlet so i can wear a +2 pally 20fcr amulet and cast a bit faster

any insights would be appreciated... thanx for reading

2. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

I assume this is for a Liberator?

Generally, most casters have very low defense. But even so, your 4k seems a bit low to me. I've never experimented with caster-killing using low AR, but I would think at least 8k would be a much safer number.

If you have a melee side and caster side, it's much easier to hit FCR BPs without sacrificing gear. That is, of course, assuming that you're building a Liberator; if not then ignore this last part :D

3. vietl0yalty

well i hear some of my frends has like 2-4k ar and they say it doesnt matter much but i wanna hear from other people and see what they have to say

and my build is originally a mage but i have stuff in stash to switch up and become an anti-caster (with charge/smite) so yea... i need to know which circlet would be better for what as i cant have both of them in stash... no space

4. deadreligion

deadreligion IncGamers Member

I easily hit casters with 6000 or so. I don't think anything more than 4000 is needed.

5. vietl0yalty

so in this case... i should go with the circlet with 24 str 68 mana so i can take off my amulet and get me a +2 pally 20fcr amulet to reach 50fcr bp... let me double check if i get 4k flat

6. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Imo, you should try and reach the 75 fcr bp.

7. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

That circ only adds onto your dex's ar. Pallies generally have low dex. Sorry?

8. vietl0yalty

136 dex low?

9. RavensRebirth

RavensRebirth IncGamers Member

I agree with shade. a better cast rate could often help more against caster. charge with blessed aim is always an option if you need the ar boost ( i use that alot with my doom)