Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[L] NO guide addresses this...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MasterWolf, May 12, 2005.

1. MasterWolf

MasterWolf IncGamers Member

[L] NO guide addresses this...

What Merc should a PvM / Maybe PvP Shapeshifter use? Blessed Aim needed? or the usual Holy Freeze?

2. TheWormishOne

TheWormishOne IncGamers Member

That all depends. What with Werewolve's non-existing crowd control capabilities, a Holy Freeze merc would indeed be a prudent choice. A Werebear could on the other hand get away with Shockwave as crowd control, but with AR from HoW I don't know that Blessed Aim would be the way to go.

Edit: And I'm talking from a PvM point of view. I wouldn't know anything about PvP.

3. MasterWolf

HoW over Oak? For fireclaws?

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Since werewolves usually use 2-handed weapons with big damage my personal favourite is a Might merc, but Holy Freeze is (almost) always nice. I wouldn't choose Blessed Aim for wolves since they already have a quite substantial bonus to AR...Bears however could benefit quite a lot from a Blessed Aim merc.

For Fireclaws I'd say Oak Sage...the physical damage enhancement of HOW is wasted on a Fireclaws bear (I presume you are using a 6xShael Phase Blade or something equally fast with crap damage). With "only" the AR bonus I like Oak better...

You are also quite fragile, unlike other melee characters, so that extra life is nice! If your AR is totally crap the of course HOW.

5. TheWormishOne

Oh, sorry. There are some crazy people in this world who still likes to play a physical Werebear now and then :p No HoW for Fireclaws! But you wouldn't want a Blessed Aim merc either, then.

6. MasterWolf

OK, well this is my first SSer, and I'm not all that sure what to do. I figured just try to max out Fire Claws and one or two synergies and figure the rest out later. It seems most SSing builds focus on PvP but I wanted a mainly PvMer, so I'm not sure exactly what to do. I figure fast attack and enough AR to hit 80%. But I dunno if I'm supposed to max out either Bear or Wolf, or what. I was gonna go HF merc, but didn't want to end up being wrong. But yes, this will be a mostly Fire damage Wolf, maybe a Rabies hybrid. Very little physical damage.

7. TheWormishOne

For speed and AR you'd definetily want to go with Werewolf. If you haven't allready done so, you should read Electric Blue's marvelous Hybrid Wolf Guide. As I said, I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to PvP, but for a PvM wolf there's no better merc than a Holy Freeze'er.