Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

L EU Scammer account

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Sphinxman, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sphinxman

Sphinxman IncGamers Member

L EU Scammer account

L EU Scammer account

Account name is : *psychopart1

Was in a trade with this guy for an HR for ists

he said that i need to drop my rune so he could see if they were red if they were duped . ofc they were not so I dropped a Tal rune instead just to see what he would do and his char appeared right beside the rune and took it and left game. So guys be careful of this guy.. he is using some dropp grab hack.

Good Luck

*sphinxman3

2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Scammers are everywhere. Now that Torches, Annis and Gheeds can be traded in the trade window, there is never any reason to drop any item. Period.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

There's millions of accounts, with more being made every day. The odds of running across this person is ridiculous. Not to mention there's no reason to drop things anyway.

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Yep i never ever drop trade unless its with someone from diabloii.net

Of course still be careful though, i had impersonators coming to me. :/

5. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

Kick the right, keep the wrong.

starting to think this is their new policy.. and its pretty evident that all their apparant attempts to stop these guys are failing miserably :undecided:

6. rykuss

rykuss Banned

I give you the current state of the Ladder as exhibit A. On NL all the classic dupes are like mana pots as well. The dupe method(s) have gone public and are easily accessible, everyone is duping like crazy. This is the reason for present day D2. Unfortunately, we legit players have been the ones paying the price with CI's, ftj's and temp bans.

7. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

How and when did this happen? I'm serious, I was out of online play for half a year or more.

8. alsaan

alsaan IncGamers Member

Blizzard issued a server-side patch in June IIRC to allow the trading of unique charms

9. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Omg. =))))

10. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

What's sad is the guy actually jacked a Tal rune. :shocked:

11. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

giveing up a tal for a chance at you needed isnt bad imo, you still have your hrs atleast
    run countess or putz around hell for a bit youll get another tal again

12. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Did you have any personal memories associated with that Tal? Sometimes some trinkets hold much sentimential value...

13. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

Yeah, it sucks majorly. It sucks even more how they tell you that they're "unable" to tell you how long the ban is, what its for, and that they "cannot be reversed".

...i'm sorry, I wasn't aware that GOD was the next step up from blizzard tech support?

and dupers.. imo the reason they started doing the whole ladder system was probably b/c in their minds, its an easier way out. Reset the game once a yr or so when the dupes get out of hand, to make a fresh economy base, in order to not worry about reprogramming in order to keep dupers/botters out. Upon these resets, just throw ALL players into another sector called "Non-Ladder", where they can swim with the dupers/botters that they probably don't really care about anymore, even though they claim their efforts in the matter are unofficialy "ongoing".

I asked a blizzard rep about these efforts ("[email protected]"), he had no comment, and was "unable to disclose at this time". Whats that tell you?

When somebody wins a war, or is fighting a war, they say so. When somebody gets a job done, or is at least WORKING on getting a job done, they also say so. However, when somebody procrastinates or is doing absolutely nothing.. "umm.. yeah.. umm.. ask me again later."

On top of being lazy in dealing with the hacks/dupes on NL, they'll somehow find the time to as you said, to screw over us legit players... because they probably do just assume that NL = "the platinum hackers club".. so ban all who dare to even start a game 2 seconds fast, problem solved in their minds, if people complain about it, just keep using that key word, "undisclosed"!! Now, onto important things, like working on ways we can make the girl sprites on World of Warcraft look even MORE naked!

My biggest point of all this is, if they're going to do nothing, they could at least just tell us that already.. stop sugar coating it to keep us around in preparation for when they somehow lose their WoW customer base.

14. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

There *was* a public dupe method out some time (merc aura glitch) but not anymore (?).
    I haven't heard or read there being new methods.

Sphinxman, I don't see why you posted this here, there are so many scammers and he probably has 100 accounts.

15. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

posts like this usually get closed when reported...i don't doubt that psychopart is a scammer...if threads like this were allowed to be posted someone could easily do something like this...

L EU Scammer account

Account name is : *sphinxman3

Was in a trade with this guy for an HR for ists

he said that i need to drop my rune so he could see if they were red if they were duped . ofc they were not so I dropped a Tal rune instead just to see what he would do and his char appeared right beside the rune and took it and left game. So guys be careful of this guy.. he is using some dropp grab hack.

Good Luck

*superdave

everyone here would now think that you are a scammer...i am sure that most would believe me even if you showed up to defend yourself.

16. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

...he does have a point :shocked:

I only believe ya in a sense that i've seen this crap happen 10 bajillion times over.. but either way i'm not really going to scout out the guy.. and he wouldn't give me D2 herpes (or something) if I did as much as joined a game with him to see how he acted..

17. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

We don't maintain a blacklist guys. What would be the point - even if every scam account was truthfully and accurately reported? If I was a scammer and concerned about getting blacklisted, I'd simply make a new BNet account. Problem solved.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.