Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[L] best way to get rich

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by n0dice111, Feb 26, 2004.

1. n0dice111

n0dice111 IncGamers Member

[L] best way to get rich

hey, i havnt been on 1.10 for 2 long and im still trying to figure out the best way to get your fortune up. Early on i found some really really good items off meph and that got me started, after that mf cooled down and i started finding what appeared to be normal items at a normal rate, but i cant quite figure out how to convert said normal items into things that can be traded for higher items (namely shako atm.) with the addition of cubing the best option seems to be trade them for lum-pulish runes then cube them up, but is there another way? like would i be able to get a shako for say 10 15-21 runes, or 15, or what?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

best way is to sit in trade channel for hours. see what people are buying and what they are offering. compare this to what people are selling and what they are asking for.

somebody sells an item for 4 runes, you buy it because you know you can sell it for 6 runes. that's the best way to build wealth.

you can basically build up wealth through trade alone, although it is harder now without the gems room.

currently, you could probably get started with 1 good hellforge drop.

3. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I think the trade channels end up being a big waste of time. Hrs spent in the trade channel could be used towards mfing instead. Naturally, you may not get anywhere going either route, but the potential for scoring big in X amnt of time is greater mfing IMO.

Some peeps enjoy wheeling and dealing tho over endless mf runs....the key is to do what U enjoy the most. There is no surefire way to become rich quick.

4. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

Trading is fun when u have something of value, trying to swindle people bores me to death.

make a game called vef 4 trade and watch the peolple offer you griz armor and andy visage, drives me insane...

5. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

trading can be very frustrating. people will usually offer you less than what your item is worth, and you'll end up having to trade down a lot if you want to trade fast. it's all a matter of patience.

oh and btw, make sure u guys organize your mules well. sometimes if someone posts up a great offer and you want to buy, you don't want to end up searching through mules for 20 minutes, especally with the risk of being locked out for changing games/chars/accnts too fast.

6. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

I just need to get that very first or 2 high runes. After trades are the way to go...

I managed to get a Sur rune... Trade this one rune in what a call my lucky day: The guy offer: tals armor, shaeffers, good GF, 2 shakos, + some mfscs

Got back 1 high rune for shaeffers
    Got back Gul for tals since i throw in some mid-stuff (like the stuff you trade for mid-runes)
    Got 1 high rune for GF (by adding some mid items also)
    Trade my 2 shakos for 3 allres scs and got back 2 Surs...

Sure as the other one said: you gonna have to wait A LONG time for that except if you enter a lucky day like me and received this as the very first offer in a game... Basicly: I made a Doom eth cryptic axe for my merc with a Sur rune... (Now i dont have anymore good runes, DOH!)

7. n0dice111

thx for your imput, so basically just learn the 1.10 market and then try and get good trades?

8. AgentPongo

AgentPongo IncGamers Member

Im trying this now too, but I can't get that first rune or two. NM countess doesn't do well enough, and i can't run anything in hell yet. I've got 2 open Hell hellforge quests on other chars, if there was someway to do those without other people taking my rune :/

9. Slayaboxer

Slayaboxer IncGamers Member

just do it urself:)

THats what i do

10. AgentPongo

I would if I could, but I have major trouble in the cold plains let alone the river of flame.

11. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

ill help you do your hellforge if you're in west sc ladder

12. Superhal

all you need to finish the game (untwinked) are:
    1 synergized skill
    max resists.

I dunno what char you are using, but people have finished with:
    fireball + orb
    frenzy
    meteor + orb
    chain lightning + orb
    freezing arrow
    whirlwind

the first guy i know who finished the game in beta used ral/ort armor/helm. i finished 4 chars so far with the same lore helm, ancient's pledge shield, and smoke armor.

the first couple chars or so is the hardest, until you can build up some pgems/runes. i've gotten some better eq since but i still keep the helm/sheild/armor for new chars.

13. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

I started with a Gul drop from hellforge and a storm and gris helm i bought for crapjools, ort runes and pgems.

story of the one GUL
    for the gul i got Ist + shako + skullders
    I bought a 229ed GF with that Ist
    Sold the gf for Ist + Tals armor
    sold tals armor for Ist + shako
    Got an ist for the 2 shako's.
    result : made 3 ist and a skullders for 1 gul (in relatively short time)

I was lucky with the GF, luck is a part of d2 :D

14. The_Sickness_101

The_Sickness_101 IncGamers Member

Pray for god to cut you a break. Like today, I went into a game that said ist for maras, which gave me enough 290s along with um and uniques to get enigma. Take advantage of every rich newb that pees himself when he sees plus skills. :buddies:

15. AgentPongo

Superhal, I've beaten baal (in a party of course), my goal now is too get better items. My sorc is on her way to becoming my MFer.

Frozenmagic, I would love to take you up on that offer. My acount name is *agentpongo

(ya, im on USwest Ladder)

16. Superhal

i finished all my chars (except the pure cl sorc) solo. first solo finish i had was with this crap conc/frenzy barb using a black tyrant club.

you don't have to hit up newbies for good stuff. i gave away an ormus robes for a ko just because i needed one (and i had 2 more.)

17. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

agentpongo im rarely on now but if you msg me on aim: shadowspawn25 ill greatly help you

18. Sir Smeagollum

Sir Smeagollum IncGamers Member

Pure trading is a very fast way to build wealth...I started with an io rune, and in the first weekend, i had about the value of a shako and ss...

19. n0dice111

uh ty for all your advice, im proud to say that i am now rich... well much much richer then before, running a tals set sorc and a modestly equipped zon.

20. Zvolen

Zvolen IncGamers Member

I will be on later this evening and night I will msge you and help you if you would like. I will most likely be on with in the next 2 hours..