Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[l] another economic question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by n0dice111, Mar 7, 2004.

1. n0dice111

n0dice111 IncGamers Member

[l] another economic question

Hey, appreciated your help alot on my previous thread. Sinse then, ive become quite a bit richer but im not sure if im ready to make the transition from items to runeword. basically, im looking to pillage my sorc and zon to get an enigma and start a hammerdin, the problem is if i do this 2 soon im gonna have nothing to mf with. in the past 2 hours alone ive found occy, shaeffers, ik armor (all kept unid) along with 2 ists!! from forge rushing. this brings my rune total to 3 ists, 1 mal, 1 pul, and quite a few 15-20s. that with my tals armor and tals ammy which are easily tradable should bring my total to 5ists, 1 mal, 1 pul. Then i have schaeffers and ik armor which, although i dont know the prices, i figure i should easily be able to get an ist for. thats 6ists, 1 mal, 1 pul. assuming thats all i have (and its not, just the easily tradable) how far am i away from an enigma.... should i collect ists and mals and ums then say "#ist, #mal, #um" for enigma or would i be better off cubing and eventually getting the runes for it that way. i really hate my sorc so i dun wanna use it a second longer than i have 2, thx.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

don't cube. last night i saw a lot of good deals for ists and ums, they look like the new currency.

wait on the enigma for now. i wanted one early too, and almost screwed myself over. if i had bought during pre-dupe prices, i would have certainly lost everything and not gotten it.

seems like you are having fun and making a profit as you are now (don't socket the 2 ists into an ali baba eitehr, that's what i did...i could have turned them into a lot more by now.)

what i do is set up 1 good mf char as you have, and then use that to build up a stable of playing chars. during this process, i find that for example pally's aren't as fun/good as i thought they were. once i get maybe 2-3 specialized chars (right now, i have a countess runner sorc and a pit-a5su-baal-trav-andy zon) i tighten up their eq and use them to outfit the next char.

3. n0dice111

yea i guess, but it seems theres alot of money to be made rushing for forge, i do it now and my sorc is NOT good at it, more specifically the travincial... that along with the fact that i think i absolutely hate my sorc and hammerdins are really really fun to play (played my friends for a while) id rather get one asap

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

"the grass is always greener on the other side" :)

maybe a lvl 99 pally with enigma is very very fun.

what turned me off was lvl 1-40 pally.

maybe your sorc could use more eq, certainly not enigma. i like using que hagan's wisdom, but i would rather use a skulders.

what i usually do is mf for a while, and see what drops, then plan my next char around that.

5. n0dice111

uh ???????

what is eq?
    i wasnt planning to use the enigma on my sorc, i was planning on starting a hammerdin