Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Kuko Shakaku

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Leuchovius3, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Leuchovius3

Leuchovius3 IncGamers Member

Kuko Shakaku

Hi all,

I just found Kuko Shakaku, the Unique Cedar bow with Piercing Explosive Arrows. Having next to zero experience with amazons (I play casters mostly), which build would be a good choice with this bow? What combines well with Piercing? Strafe? Multishot? Or Immolation Arrow (Kuko Shakako give +3 to this skill).

Advice please! :)

Thanks,
    Leuchovius3

2. Slash

Slash IncGamers Member

to tell you the truth you wont get very far with that bow in 1.10 if you dont have GREAT gear toi enhance it. If you want to use it(i would) then make an enchantress sorc-kuku suppliments her well.

3. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

A Holy Fire Paladin with Kuko and Razortail is very mean too.

But Kuko is a good bow for amazons too. Immolation Amazons are vastly underrated. Be sure to get high pierce. I've seen a couple of Immo/Strafers to completely obliterate mobs in hell. One used some rare and the other was using a HOJ. I'm sure a Kuko would be a good choice too. :)

4. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Pierce works good with Strafe and Multi. It will pierce on an Immolation shot but you only get I bonfire. GA dosent pierce nemore. Mulit nerfed so overall I'd pick strafe

5. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure it triggers more fires..

6. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure there is some sort of silly timer on the bonfires.

7. lextalionis

Kuko, is a great non-amazon bow because it can achieve a high firing rate and it has high pierce on it. Which is necessary since no other class has pierce as a skill and the only other non-bow/xbow item in the game that provides pierce is Razortail belt.

Kuko works especially well on a Sorceress since her FM can increase the damage and range of the Explosive Bolts that are shot out of the bow.

This weapon works very well for Magezon's that are trying to max out the damage on Immolation Arrow. Since they often do not have points to place in Pierce. I've heard this build works, I'm just not sure how well.

8. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Every monster that is touched by the arrow gets a small radius firewall set underneath their feet. The arrow itself doesn't have to hit the monster for this to happen, similar to all other bowskills really.
    To get effective in the last two fire skills you only need about a 10-15-15 distribution and you can hybridise from there on. To only use immolation arrow you can get away with 10-15 even, but you'll need a few extra arrows per monster pack. That shouldn't be a problem I think.

9. Anidem

Anidem Banned

i once had a pally with the kuko and it did well with the conviction aura. would really be good if you could switch off with wand of LR.

10. Kirsty

too bad lower resistance and conviction aren't cumulative, but indeed holy fire coupled with lower resistance is quite nice.

Maybe holy shock would be slightly nicer.

11. lextalionis

That stinks. I would have thought that you could have an aura and a curse at the same time and that they would stack. Amp Damage and Conviction work together don't they? I know that a lot of skills are actually curses, I guess the effect that the aura creates counts as a curse. And then it would make sense that they would overwrite one another. Since you can only have one curse at a time, but you can have several auras on you.

12. Kirsty

Only lower resistance and conviction don't work together. Other aura and curse combinations work fine.

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

109 vs. of Magezon worked well. Nowadays im not sure what would be the best bet. I guess with razortail youll wind up saving 3 skill points if you use a kuko. +6 Immolation looks nice, until you check out the burn damage. its really sad nowadays. im not sure why? it should be beefed up 2x mroe than it is at least.

Anyone have a good magezon guide? I normally am very good with using odd builds, however, this one is complicated as i cant seem to pick which bow and which skills are better. Fire arrow adds a lot of fire damage, exploding arrow even more. the fire damage from kuko is considerable if you add to them.

does the fire burn damage from IMMO utilize the -5% from my facet? i have a nice shako with a 5/5 fire facet that could be schweeeeet with this build if the -5% works.