KTA - EuHCL Untwinked Adventures Discussion/Recruitment Thread der

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
KTA - EuHCL Untwinked Adventures Discussion/Recruitment Thread

Hey all,

The current session of KTA has ground to a halt unexpectantly so I am creating this new thread for discussion of a next possible theme for the run and to see who will be interested in joining in and injecting some new blood into our adventures as some of our current members are in need of attending to real life issues...me included, but i'm done now! :grin:

Now, just to clarify for new faces, these are 'Da Roolz' (cut n pasted from Tika and tweaked a little by me!)

1) We play every Monday, from around 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00-9:30pm (2100-2130) UK Time, most European players should add one hour onto that for time difference...

2) We play untwinked, (mostly) full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to fuction as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA!)
Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm drops, take it by all means, but if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's etc...it's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!

3) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...its rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory, and end up playing with half that all the time but absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!

4) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly

5) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!

Right, now thats over with, please post your forum name, account name if you are interested and possible build ideas...now, this is the fun part, deciding what to do...there was talk of an all-Paladin team before, which is open to discussion, or just picking a build and running with it as it will be a fresh party with fresh faces we need to see how we work together...anyhoo...one last rule...members of the old run get priority placement on the new run but there will be many spaces left, as well as reserve spaces, so join up today!

Code:
[B][U]Name          Account Name          Build[/U][/B]

Mr Kaxe                spankedmonkey          ?

oOmpie                 uncLezKTA                ?

drinkturps              MrPooKTA                 ?
Tika, Ivan, waflob and Fred please let me know if you want to be in, or be reserves in the next run so we can start the ball rollin'!

I shall leave it there for now, anything I have forgotten please correct me on regulars!

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: KTA - EuHCL Untwinked Adventures Discussion/Recruitment Thread

I'm very interested in this.... so if its 19.00-21.30 UK time its 20.00-22.30 - am I correct? I think this might be possible.. but.. by all respect, I'm not very in to the only pala team thing as I find a lil' *** :whistling:

I do like sorc's though - heh.

Some things in my mind:

1: With full clears do you mean we clear EVERYTHING, like Blood Moors etc etc?

2: I do not think it should be allowed to mule stuff outside of KTA, no matter what weapon you use, then It'd be better if we could make some arranged MF runs or something.

3: I said pala's was ***, but I do like rangers and zealots though!

Edit: Wrait1nG Mist0Ook.

Last edited:

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member

>Tika, Ivan, waflob and Fred please let me know if you want to be in, or be reserves in the next run so we can start the ball rollin'!
Probably best to count me out this time. I wish you all good luck and look forward to reading your reports.

DelBoy

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I'm very interested in this.... so if its 19.00-21.30 UK time its 20.00-22.30 - am I correct? I think this might be possible.. but.. by all respect, I'm not very in to the only pala team thing as I find a lil' *** :whistling:
OK dude, good to know, as this idea was a little 50/50 with the current members as well...I think to get the ball rolling we should just try a well-rounded party theme...nothing cookie-cutter, if it can be helped, but i'm open to anything...I think I would do another Boner Necro if we are going open-theme...

Some things in my mind:

1: With full clears do you mean we clear EVERYTHING, like Blood Moors etc etc?

Only at the start when we are fresh and nooby...towards the end of Hell we tend to clear what we can be bothered to clear...as it's much harder by then with untwinked gear...it's 50/50...

2: I do not it should be allowed to mule stuff outside of KTA, no matter what weapon you use, then It'd be better if we could make some arranged MF runs or something.

Again, this kind of thing is done as well, we do arrange to run bosses and see what we get...outside items are only brought in on extreme occasions...
Keep it coming...

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Probably best to count me out this time. I wish you all good luck and look forward to reading your reports.

DelBoy
That's a smackdown right there :weep:

OK dude, not even a reserve position? Was thinking about 4 reserve positions...

Grimey

Banned

I pretty much free on monday nights. Count me in :alright:

Account: grime

Last edited:

Tikadea

Diabloii.Net Member

Good to see a new start of KTA.

i did decide however that i am not going to join this new run. i might... and chances are not good here... but i might join 1 or 2 times... just for funs. please don't keep any reserve spot taken for me if anyone has any intend to use it the proper way.

good luck to you all, and have fun!

Tika

KILL THEM ALL

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Good to see a new start of KTA.

i did decide however that i am not going to join this new run. i might... and chances are not good here... but i might join 1 or 2 times... just for funs. please don't keep any reserve spot taken for me if anyone has any intend to use it the proper way.

good luck to you all, and have fun!

Tika

KILL THEM ALL
Double smackdown! :hang:

You will always have a reserve spot guv'nor...just turn up in channel from time to time ok! I'll take care of your baby until you can return to us!

Hey Grimey, glad to see you are interested, follow the thread and post your ideas as to what build or theme you would like to see in this run...

Grimey

Banned

I like that all paladin theme. Mega aura slaughter fest :smug:

Here is my idea: Giant elemental spam party.

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I like I like...Poisonmancer, Windy, Light Trapper, Fire Sorc and maybe a Healing/Meds Paladin to help out or something...

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

I like I like...Poisonmancer, Windy, Light Trapper, _Fire Sorc_ and maybe a Healing/Meds Paladin to help out or something...
That spot is mine!!

Sorry Mr.Kaxe, but i'm out :/

i'm not so good at scheduling myself to D2, i just play when i can. but i'll offer my 2 cents anyway.

a full team needs to comprise of chars that protect the others weaknesses, and obviously help those around you.

A fire golem necro teamed with a fire sorc makes a great tanker, as the sorc can heal the golem. same applies with a pala, your aura's are key, so make sure you have a def aura pala (maybe with salvation) and an offensive aura pala.

A barb always makes a good tank, and BO will be invaluable to others. try and avoid focussing on any poison skills, as with 6+ players in the game, the poison effect will become almost negligible, except if you have lower resist somewhere.

also get contrasting mercs, for example, Holy freeze merc, might merc, blessed aim, are all really helpful. no point having 2 mercs of the same type.

also be careful if you have a druid with the life spirit. without it being on your char, you may not notice its about to die, and if it does, you could be near death yourself.

if tankers need to break and run, they should msg and say so, else it leaves the rangers and casters vulnerable.

I'd be more than happy to tag along when i'm on, but i cant guarentee when i will be on, so i certainly cant be a regular.

sorry, sounds fun though

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Thanks for posting all of that, very helpful for the newcomers to give them an idea of what to expect when we build a rounded party, but this has been going for years dude and I need fresh blood as the regulars are dropping like flies!

Shame you can't commit...

oOmpie

Diabloii.Net Member

The elemental thingy sounds fine. Like I said before, I don't really care about the theme, as long as I get my D2 fix :D

If anybody comes up with a brilliant theme I'd be willing to switch, but for the time being this will do for me.

Code:
[B][U]Name          Account Name          Build          CharName[/U][/B]

Mr Kaxe                spankedmonkey          ?

oOmpie                 uncLezKTA                Frostmaiden           KTA-Popsicle

drinkturps              MrPooKTA                 ?

Cheerio!

Just add yourself to the list if interested. Dunno about an elemental barb though... and b.o. WOULD be nice :D

drinkturps

Diabloii.Net Member

I got in channel 55 mins late! *shakes fist at employers again*

I'm using the user account drinkturps.

I've always fancied playing a singer to keep the baddies stunned whilst the rest deal out the damage, although a rabies wolf would be fun too.

Well I'm off for some Hardcore Elite Hellgate! I'll follow this thread with interest.

dwaasjetuw

Diabloii.Net Member

i m certainly interested in joining. As for the theme, i dont have a clue about what we should do... i wouldnt mind to play something i ve never played before.

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I didn't know...I didn't know *shakes head

The ladder is resetting in a week! Oh man, I just got my Smiter Hell rushed last night ready for Baals to gain some wealth...now I have to do all that **** again?!!? GAH!!

I guess we really will be untwinked to the nuts then!

I think I will play a support toon this time, Poisonmancer with Lower Resist sounds fun to me...

I'll give it a week or so more, as we need more people, then we can get underway...

oOmpie

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, we should try and start the 23rd.

Starting next Monday would be pretty pointless seeing as Blizzard will reset the ladders next Tuesday :)

Krazeyivan

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow the ladder is resetting?? Niiice - I may be able to squeeze some serious D2 time in if your free KAxe!

Also I can give you my Chains of Honor and decent stuff that I have at the moment - I finally will be able to create the correct setup and rock on!

Put me down for reserve spot on the KTA runs! I cannot say no - just going to park other "life" stuff - god help me if they ever release D3

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Wow the ladder is resetting?? Niiice - I may be able to squeeze some serious D2 time in if your free KAxe!

Also I can give you my Chains of Honor and decent stuff that I have at the moment - I finally will be able to create the correct setup and rock on!

Put me down for reserve spot on the KTA runs! I cannot say no - just going to park other "life" stuff - god help me if they ever release D3
Me and Tom have decided to do some mass PvP with our current characters then start afresh on the new ladder...should be fun...

Consider yourself down...I will put down a better list (oOmpies one is better!) when we get more posts (where is Fred etc eh?!)