Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 4.0 Ready to roll ....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 4.0 Ready to roll ....

Hi All,

KTA 4.0 is up and running again, and last night we made our mark in Act 4 Normal.

We started with 5 players, and 2 more showed up abit later. We still need to sort out the last member. Anyway the team was ...

Pally - Conviction (?)
    Barb - Leaper
    Barb - Frenzy
    Necro - Poison
    Necro - (?)
    Druid - Wind
    Sorc - Hydra

We first started in Act3, and retrieved Gihbann, then moved onto squashing Meph so the Sorc could reach Act4 which is where the others were up to. She was level 21, while most of the other were level 25. We then hunted down Izual and toasted him, then cleaned out City of the Damned on our way to River where we tracked down Heph and aced him.

Then we decided it was time for Diablo to die. No problem with anything until the last seal was opened. Not sure what happened, but our Leaper Barb lost 90% of his life in the blink of an eye, but fast hands with the rejuv saved the day. This was the only close call of the evening. He survived, and we went on and took out Big D.

Around about now our last 2 members arrived. The newly arrive frenzy Barb was now the lowest at level 21, and someone stated that doing a clear of the tombs at the end of Act 2 would give the Barb better experience, so of we went and proceeded to clear the open area of the Canyon, then worked our way through the tombs.

Next we did 3 more Heph runs, and the results were not that great. We ended up with .... ELD, ELD, AMN, NEF.

We the did Chaos Sanctuary and Diablo again, for the experience. By now our first character, the Paladin reached level 30, and conviction started to appeard under the monsers feet. Next our Poisonmancer reached 30, got his poison nova, and started spraying this around. Then our wind Druid got his hurricane (?) up and running.

Always exciting the reach level 30, and finally you get to use your more powerful skills. By the end of the night only 2 players were still under 30. Sorry people, no hydras til next week, I am still a few monster deaths shy of level 30.

I must admit I was abit surprised in the beginning to see we had 2 necros, but zero skeletons. Not that we needed them, at this stage of the game, Normal seems to be relatively easy for our team, but I am wondering about Nightare and Hell .... will we see some skeletons ?

Although we moved pretty fast through the different parts of Act 4, we pretty much stayed together as a bunched group which was excellent. Only once did my Sorc get into trouble, lagged while loading belt at City of Damn WP, and some monsters started hitting on her ... when ... our Leaper came back up the stairs to see what was delaying her. His intervention gave her time to sort herself out, and together they took out them monsters. Thanks BunnyBarb for covering my back, its was much appreciated.

I think we have the makings a team that can go all the way and reach guardianship. Thank you all for a very enjoyable evening.

Regards
    Syxx / KTA-Sol

2. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

yeahyeahyeah... had a good fun night yesterday... slaying monsters all over the place, having fun... just leaping a bit around.. chatting... etc :buddies:

oh and syxx... the 2th necro (det) is a boner, so indeed... we won't be having any skellys after all. also the pala... he is a cleric, using conviction as an extra option to benifit the party.

i don't know what happend with that last seal... those firespitting big green monsters aparently hitted very hard, and ran very fast. before i knew it i was right in the middle of the mob.. with like 10 of them toasting me. at first i could hold my own pretty well... and when i saw the first one die at the edge i thought... just hold it for 5 more seconds... and half of them will be dead.. and the pressure will be relieved. then suddenly my life started dropping like mad, i guess their boss finally got his aiming right (together with some minions) and started hurting me GOOD. within a second or 2 i could barely see any red in my red ball of life... and we are talking 1300+ life here. i was just in time with hitting my full rejuf key, and then about 1.5 seconds later i was down to half life again, and hit the key again. then those bastards started dieing, and finally i gave that shitty boss of them a good whack on the head an he to was dead. :yep:

after that diablo seemed like a complete pussycat to me... man he died fast

oh and syxx.. i wasn't comming back up the stairs... i was arriving from wp there. but of cource i saw you standing there... in the middle of a big fight (and that is NOT where a sorc should be) and leaped in right away. glad i could be of your assistance... and yeah... after you staticed them like 10 times... for some reason they didn't like it when i hit them on the head :innocent: ... killed them all instantly

i had a GREAT night yesterday... already looking forward to monday. i will try to reach lvl 33 by then, which should gove me (and all of you of cource) a lvl 13 BO... HURRAY

maybe we should try to find an 8th member, since banisher probably can't make it after all. i think there was already someone in line. i think either a strong extra tank (for example a pala with max block and a nice concentration aura would be waaaaaay cool), or a big elemental damage dealing caracter would be best. an jabbazon with lightning fury would be a nice combo as well.

goodbye and have a blast this weekend... don't die ppls... i will drink to that :drink:

3. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Going Good

Well, Yesterday was much more organised :)

We didnt really get that many surprises...

Chill and I continued after everyone left.

2 more Tals :)

I Didnt gain any more levels - so need to level up 3 levels.........

And no fire shrines??????

BTW - has our necro got a firework up his bum, or is he in the olympics 100 metre sprint??

Kev

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Syxx beat me to it - but since I had already this text whipped out on my Comp, I might as well post it..redundant as it is now. I was going to entitle it

"KTA 4.0 - Alive and kicking" to follow up the "A dying team" Thread.

KTA 4.0 had a very nice walk through act 4 and the bloodie foothills. Full of harmony and good manners. We started by clearing the plains of dispair and killin Izual with 5 members:

KTA_Sol, welcome back Syxx
    KTA_MonkeyNooks, Baroni and his fabulous auras
    KTA_PoisonMan, Ham - finally with a good sized Killer Poison Nova
    KTA_BunnyBarb, Greenfire in dircet competition with the Easter Bunny
    KTA_Dante Det, Boners everywhere

Shortly after we had aquired the City of Damned WP we were joined by

KTA_Blow, Kevman and his windy business
    Eaten_Whole, Chillers Frenzy barb with the inclination to get swallowed by Dragons.

BaNiSeR could not make it, he had to pick up some friends from the airport.

We then proceeded to kill Izzy again and Diably, level Chiller to 25 by clearing all tombs and paying Duriel another visit. Then we slaughtered Diablo again, but the cheap bastard dropped nothing of value.

A quick Bloodrun later, we wasted Shenk and as the usual reward, Larzuk offered us holes ;) After that we called it a night.

As the only decision ATM to be made, we have 3 ppl to fill in the last place:
    BaNiSeR, who could not make it for the reasons stated above – he was the first to ask
    Remcodr who has proved his incredible powers by slaying the DC with Ham
    And not least Tloopz brother, who came to the channel that I kept open with KTA_RagReborn...Tloopz has tipped him off. He plays in Gat and maybe he would not mind playing with Vec and Dave in a second, less regular team. He does not come to this forum, so I would contact him on b.net.

The reason that we have no Skellies or Cold sorc is that Dave with his skelliemancer died and Vectom with the Cold sorc decided to call it quits if Dave does not want to rebuild. I am past the point of going skellies, but I might be able to sink some points into Masteries and revives..if we really need that. Until then we will have 8 mercs and 2 Golems up front with the Barbarians. A Bear or wolves will join in there as well...and if the 8th member is a zon also a Valk. So far I think we can do without skells. Sadly LR spell does nothing for my magical damage..so the only curse I will provide is DV.

Looking forward to the next sessions.

EDIT: Just checked our other Thread: Apparently BaNiSeR is an american citizen and our playing times won't work for him..

..so I'd say : WELCOME remcodr...you know our setup, pick your character ;)

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

What would your playing times work out to in, oh say pacific time?
    I'm in Canada, but I'm on late, not sure if I'd be on quite early enough for your playing actually...can't play with any of the other groups because they're all a bunch of people who believe in being awake while that "sun" thing is in the sky ^_^

I see you have found an 8th, but if you're not too early I wouldn't mind playing in 5.0 if there's room...

6. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

playing times are:
    monday 2030 till ~2230 (with some starting a bit earlyer)
    wednesday 1930 till ~2200

these times are CET, which means Paris time. (i hope you can calculate that for your own timezone yourselve, as i can't :lol: )

7. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Man last night rocked. Could it ahve been any different from Monday!

We are a lean, mean, monster slaying machine! :strong:

last nights game was so relaxed that I even managed to be able to keep one eye on the England interntional footy on TV (damn those Swedes).

Just wondering if anyone has been collecting money during the games? I have around 100k and really need to start gambling some res's gear. Although my Pala now has access to Salvation for a quick boost to res's, he will obviously be using Conviction 90% of the time. If you guys who are not yet lvl 32-33 decided to gain some more exp before Monday, could you please be on the lookout for 3 socket shields. An ancients pledge would go down a treat.

Looking forward to Monday as well.

8. MoUsE_WiZ

I don't see how not knowing which timezone I live in could hinder your ability to find out what time those would work out to for me. I mean really.

Unless I can't do math it looks like you guys start at about when I get home from work...I'd be consistantly 10-20 minutes late on wed I think, but those times would work well for me if there's room in 5.0.

9. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

i have some 100K gold as well, and while you where thinking about ancients pledge... maybe a 4 soccet shield with 4Pdiamands would be the better option... specially for you. imagine a nice pally shield with 30+ resist all, and 4 Pdiamands... would be like all the resist you will ever need in NM, and moost of your hell needs as well.

as for KTA-5.0... well.. we aint planning on anything yet... KTA-4.0 has really only just begun, and it will be quite a few weeks before we are guardians. unless we all die for some reason, but i wasn't planning for that option. :surprise:

also those times...
    unless you work non-standard times that would be impossible. since its like only a couple of hours after when i come home from work, and there should be quite some hour time difference between us. however if you work night shifts... well.. this could be the perfect solution.

we will keep you informed about wether we need an 8th member still, or wether anything is going on with KTA-5.0

10. MoUsE_WiZ

Yeah, I work 2-10pm...quite arguably non-standard.
    Yes I realize that you've just started this one, but it can't hurt to mention that I'd like to play the next whenever it should so happen ^_^

11. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

have to agree with you in that one :lol:

and indeed... can never hurt... just keep with the KTA thread, and any new developments will be hard to miss.

cya around m8

12. det

det IncGamers Member

If I figure this out correctly with the help of my Windows clock, you are 5 hours behind us (Canada, Atlantik) :scratch:

So 19:30 CET is 14:30 pm in Canada? Which means we play in your worktime, no? I used to play with a guy in South carolina and he was 8 hours behind me.

Anyhow - the way it is looking now remcodr will be our 8th member for KTA 4.0, but like I said there is the idea of a very loose 2nd team, that can play at quite random times. Vectom has played around with that idea, so I won't get involved further into this one

13. MoUsE_WiZ

Ah ha.
    I was doing it wrong, I had the 10:30 part right, but ignored the part where 10:30 in the morning is a "different" time than 10:30 at night. That makes a lot more sense to me, since my timezone is 3 hours different than Atlantic Canada, and I was slightly confused why the time in Europe would be the same o_O

Ah well, guess my quest to find people who play at the same time as me continues.

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Well..now I can see how it would be difficult for US to find out when you can play. Just checked my Windows clock again and there are at least 4 different Canada Timezones, from Atlantic, to Eastern, Mountains and Pacific..which means you would be anywhere between 10:30 am and 2:30 PM..this is astro physics for me :scratch:

15. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

I've been trying to figure out when you guys play as well. Using google and the windows clock it looks like EST is 7 hours behind CET. So it's 9:18 am here.. 4:18 pm there. Or 16:18 there. With Pacific time, 3 hours behind EST it would be 6 am. So yeah, I could be waaaay off, but it makes some sense.

16. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Might be of help:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/temp/TimeZoneMap2003.pdf

Good to see you have got KTA[4.0] back on track :)

/Magnus

edit: Or I can simply say that now the time is 16.35 CET (Sweden, Germany, France et.c.). Check the time stamp on this post and use that to calculate your own time!

17. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, if you posted this right this moment...then it works, as it actually is 16:30 CET here now..and that is also shown in my forum display window...which is funny as I thought this forum is hosted in USA?

18. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Weird, they must have changed it recently? Because the timestamp on posts used to be like 5-6 hours off from CET IIRC.

/Magnus

19. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Have to agree it was quite a relaxed outing last night and was much fun - I don't think I heard the infamous SPLIT UP from DET once :lol:

And hey - I want your +3 BO skills for when soloing!

It is nice to see some new folks ( and even quite nice to see some of the old ones :lol: ) but lets try and keep this team on the lets just enjoy ourselves track - I hate it when people get all serious on me!

Cheers for levelling me up, I didn't quite realise how high levels you were and I willl try and be around 30-33 by Monday when of course I will be late!(aiming for 20.30CET)

Have fun and stay safe

Chill

20. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

One more thing

Forgot to mention - while levelling up, Chill and I found the unique Salamander Staff - do we want it?

Also, Levelling yesterday, found an arctic belt and clegs sword.

Prolly no use - but do we keep?

Kev