Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 4.0 Pre-easter Killing

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Apr 7, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA 4.0 Pre-easter Killing

KTA 4.0 tested the waters in NM tonight and swept the first act.

At 19:30 5 members turned up and did some Baal runs without noteworthy drops. We then got the title for 2 who were missing it and the 6th member joined.

Baroni = KTA_MonkeyNooks FoH (Templar?)
    Ham = KTA_PoisonMan = PoisonNecro
    Greenfire = KTA_BunnyBarb = Leaper
    Kevman = KTA_blow = Windy Druid
    remcodr = KTA_Survi = Fire Druid
    det = KTA_Dante = Bone Necro.

For given reasons, I post our playing times again:

Monday 20:30, with the option to start 19:30 for whoever feels like it
    Wednesday 19:30.

Well the game was really uneventful. Nothing could touch us and we breezed thru all of act 1 without even the remotest hint of a challenge or a touch with death, so I am afraid I must spare you any suspense :lol:

The team finished in the lv 48-50 range..and the biggest point to discuss is next weeks play.

Obvious Monday is Easter Monday and a few people might be on Holidays, I am one of them and unless I find an Internet Cafe (unlikely) I cannot play Monday or Wednesday. Which leaves it to you guys to work out playing times. (The main purpose of this thread, actually).

If you play on both days and really really get far ahead, please post here, so I can catch up.

Alternately - Silvervixen, if you read this and feel like enjoying a bit of Necro bonespear action, feel free to join in and play KTA_Dante, he is on my acc *detanimation. All skills go into Teeth for now :lol:

Have a good time for Easter, y'all...

2. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

To quote the legendary Bruce Forsythe 'Good game, good game. Didn't they do well..'.

You were wrong about there being no near things Det. At one point a group of might archers did manage to remove almost 100 of my hitpoints!! I tell ya, 17 more hits like that and I would have been a gonner! ^^

I don't know what my plans for Monday are yet, but I have a feeling the family is going to want to do something. Pah, I might just blow em off and play with you guys anyway :)

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, right..to quote one of the greatest comedians to grace the face of this earth:

"What better way to celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ by telling our Children a giant bunny rabbit laid chocolate eggs in the Night."

or, if I may add..to kill pixels with extreme prejudice ;)

4. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

well heya all.

had fun yesterday, finally beginning to develop a little bit of a punch (doing some 400-700 dmg with LA now).

about that lack of danger you where telling about... well... there was this 1 moment for me.
    when we where looking for that tree to get the scroll there are these big bad guys. (you know ... like 6 of them with a boss). well... i was running a bit ahead of the group, and found them like 4-5 seconds before the rest did...

so what did i do... well, of cource i didn't wait... i jumped right in, smacking the bastards on the head. due to my very slow attack speed however they where all around me punching on me within 2 seconds. so i stood there, being smacked at, and they soon got me to like 2/3 of life. then the rest of the crew arrived, and started hitting them as well.. they all kept attacking me however. another 3 or 4 seconds later i was down to 1/3th of my life, and i did a tactical retreath and a full rejuf to gain back my health. when again 3 to 4 seconds later i jumped back in to start killing only 2 of them where left, and they to died all to soon.

end of the story... i need to learn NOT to jump right in the middle of a group of dangerous enemys before the rest of the team is there to back me up :lol:

--------------------------------

next monday i can't be there for sure, so don't count on me. if you guys are going to play anyways, pls save me/us a staff for duriel.
    wednesday is no problem for me however, so i will be there again with my BO-machine.

i have a few very nice items laying around waiting for certain people.
    for our frenzy barb... i have sanders gloves waiting for you. they have nice life, ias and some more. (does non-weapon ias work with frenzy?) also a GC with 1-29 light dmg that you can have, as it doesn't fit in my inv anymore.

the real surprice is four our precious sorc however....
    i found a nice staff with +2 hydra and 2 soccets... and guess what... i had the runes for "leaf" as well.
    you can guess the outcome, but +3 fire skilles, +2 hydra and some other very nice mods are among it.

as for me... i am still looking hard for a 5 socceted great maul, to make honor in it.
    we already found our first sol, so the "lore" and "honor" should be coming soon. waiting is now for any lums, as a smoke with the 50 resist all would suit me well.

well... thats about it for now from me.
    cya all wednesday.

greetings
    greenfire, your one and only jumping barb :uhhuh:

5. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

act 1 wasnt to much of a challenge....

But it was fun anyway :). Because some others were so nice to give me some great resis rings im now maxed in nightmare ^^. With bo and oak i wield about 2000 life, prolly the reason why i never got below 90% health.... I was the one that grabbed that sol with my greedy hands. However if some1 else can use it quicker its avaible for them.
    Hope to catch you guys monday or wednesday,
    Remco

6. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all and thx for the update Det. Nice to hear you are doing well and having fun. I'm sure the real challenge will come in hell as always.

That Det is a very nice offer! I always read the posts =) i*m very interested to try out a spear necro because i'm going to start one my self =) I hade some free time this morning and figured I’ll do a couple of Pit/Countess runs and one of the monsters in the pit was kind enough to give me a pare of Marrowalks so I guess I have to make my first necro ever…a boner :D

But I’m not sure I’ll be home from our ski-trip until late Monday and I’ll probably not have time to play until Tuesday.

Anyways, great to hear from you all and I’m looking forward to seeing you online later.

Have a nice Easter

Vix

7. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Mucho Apologies for not being with you guys last nigth but it was about 10.00CET by the time I got home from work - I did catch up with DET but I guess the rest had fled th scene by then!

Glad to hear it was just so easy, but this may change by the end of NM:)

As far as gloves go DET kept me a pair with IAS, Dual Leech and fires res - and res is what I am hurting for ( I think I already have enough speed! ) - so if we find any decentish res charms maybe a couple could have my name on?

I will hope to see some of you online before the next session as I seem to need about 6-10 levels and I hate playing solo.

Chill

8. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi All,

Sorry for being out of touch for the last few days. My home internet connection is down while being replaced, and I'm also on holiday from work so I have no work access either. Right now I'm at an internet cafe in Copenhagen writing this.

Not sure if I'll have homa access by Monday, but I doubt it. I will probably not be able to visit an internet cafe as my daughter is with me on Minday and I don't have a babysitter.

Wednesday I'll definetley be there, in fact I'll get online early and play a little catchup.

Catch you all then.

Regards
    Syxx / KTA-Sol

9. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

It looks like we should skip Mondays session then guys. Especially seeing as our BO Barb won't be attending.

Everyone else agree?

10. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

i always wondered who this womanpic of baroni is? i mean do one have to know her? kind of star? who is it?

regards Jedi

ps: i just have to mention i kicked chillers butt in her small tournament :winner:

11. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

Hmm fear so

Fear it will be that way, act 2 is also not an act i would like doing alone if i was some1 who cant make it monday... I prolly will be in the chan just to c if some1 shows up :)