Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 4.0 - Monday..and 1 spot still vacant

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Apr 4, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA 4.0 - Monday..and 1 spot still vacant

Hi all,

Weekens is slowly winding down, so I thought I give everybody an eyefull to read before bedtime.

Monday game will start as usual a bit later, but everbody showing up at 19:30 will have a chance on catching up and stuff. I hope to make it at 20:00 myself...guitar lessons again.

Unfortunately one issue has not been resolved in a satisfying matter..and that is the last free spot. Remcodr - the guy who helped Ham in his Battle against DC has not contacted us...and Tkoopz bro has been asking again, if we mind if he joined. Apparently he is a GATer..at least he has the tag in his acc. So what do we say...whoever shows up gets the free spot...or we pull thru with 7 ppl. Not much point anyhow if none of the guys has a lv 20+ character (untwinked) ready...but I am willing o take their word for it, if they present a character.

How about you?

2. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

It doesn't realy bother me who joins - as long as they have the roght attitude thats fine with me:)

I say if Remcodr turns up on Monday he gets the spot - if not then Souleater gets it!

Off to try get to 30 now - 33 a bit far away for the time I have

Chill

3. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Souleater?

Chill,

Where did souleater come into it??

Is this the souleater I know *souleater_at?

Kev

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah....Souleater, its the first time I hear that name...GAT-man?

5. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hello all, and regards from a wonderful Madeira.

Just got back from a week of sun, Madeira wine, lavadas, food and G&T:s, it was really nice.

I read about your experiences with KTA 4, boy where you lost without Syxx and me. Playing in different acts in the same game, what was up with that lol. But I guess you leant your lesson =) Anyway thx for the updates.

Oh and I have some good news, when its time for KTA 5.0 count me in :D As I stated I will be cutting back on my play time but I’m not pulling a Tloops on you. So I hope to see all present and past KTA:ers online. I’ll try to pop in channel tonight to say HI.

And Loops if you read this, it has been a privilege to play with you. Good luck with RL. It is life and D2 is only a game, so boldly go out into the world and enjoy yourself. I predict you’ll be back in about 2 month, at the very latest after the summer :D And don’t ever worry about your English, it is perfect. I’ll miss you.

Silvervixen

6. det

det IncGamers Member

He Silver...what a relief to see you show that ugly face of yours :lol:
    And fantastic news that you are having a great time in RL and you will be with us on KTA 5.0.

Baroni, if you read this, I like a few q's on your Cleric.

It seems that FoH and HB are synergies to each other. FoH will damage Demons and undead no matter of their resists. Sounds like Conviction would take care of any other LI critter that runs around. Still, this build seems much neglected in the paladin forum..and I am asking why?. Is it because of the 1 FoH bolt only hits target and a 1 sec casting delay? because on paper this build looks sweet. If nothing else, you would have a great PK Paladin afterwards :lol:

So your build will be 20 HB, 20 FoH, 1-20 Conviction, 1 -20 Holy Shield.... Rest ?

7. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

2 month..that was not much time you give me there man. :lol:
    And thx alot VIX, i really like spending my playing time with you to and i will miss you alot like the rest of you. I notice that in Sacred that i try to play now MP games is screwed and ppl like to play by there own in a way. Very sad...And i dont enjoye it like D2. The problem isnt that the game is boring but i really is adicted to the friendship and ppl i play with. Had the same problem with D2 when i played alone and not with friends. So now i dont play anything at all waiting for Sacred to get fixed.

Even if the game is boring you play it cuz the ppl you play with is the fun....look at single player...so boring! :idea:

Det: Is my brother asking to join you?? He´s a good guy but REMEMBER that dont think he will be like me...Det... i know, its hard to lose a good friend but my brother is not me...he cant take my place in your heart!! :lol:

//Tloopz

PS. God luck and have a nice day. Stay out of the dust plz!!

8. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Close Det, but not quite. I decided to go with a full-on(ish) cleric to aid the team. My skill points will go like this :-

Prayer - Max
    Holy Bolt - Max
    Blessed Hammer - Max
    Conviction - Max
    Holy Shield - 1-?
    All Def Auras - 1 pt

As you can see, this doesn't leave me many points left to put into FoH. My Holy Bolt damage will suffer, but will still do around 2.5k. With no + skills taken into consideration I will heal 156-328 per bolt too.

Whilst deciding on exactly what skills I would use, it was pointed out to me that with conviction I should either go all of the way, or not at all. Seeing as it is such a valuable skill to all classes (except magic dam dealers), I decided all the way was the only choice :)

However, using Conviction full time does leave me with one problem. As a full on cleric, I would be using the Meditation or Cleansing auras non-stop. These auras get there own benifits + max prayer as a synergy. Whereas with my build I can only use these auras whilst we are not fighting..

The build you suggested isn't a cleric at all because of his lack of prayer. It is the build I would have gone with if I was not playing as part of a team.

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah..but FoH bolts also damage demons.

Aura wise, I am not an expert, but I figure if any of us gets hit for REAL damage, like 1k+..no amount of Prayer or HB will save us, but the natural reflex will kick in to hit a full purple. So the way to go would really be conviction 90% of the time IMHO.

Tloopz, yes - your bro has contacted me (us) online. I hope the fact that he plays GAT makes him trustworthy. Is he reliable as a player, will he show up regularely. He does not come to these forums, so I figure it will be quite hard to keep track of our posts and discussions.

To be honest (no offense here Vectom), it was already a bit wierd with Dave..having somebody who is not part of the discussions on the forum, barely speaking with us and relying on somebody else to interpret his actions. I would like to avoid that in future.

I keep reading that MP in Sacred is bugged. Having played the demo I have no intention to buy it. Obviously only the host gets quests and quest rewards. Believe it or not, in many many magazines, LOD is still considered to have the most perfect MP modus.

A guy posted his website on the Paladin forum:

dracoy.1colony.com

you need to add the 3 w's of course..can't click it now...but its nice to have a look at his current Hammerdin. This guy defines the word "rich" for me. Way to go :lol:

10. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

DET: Its hard to say for me if he will be there everytime?? Hes only 13 or 14 years old. And if it be late he have to go to bed, otherwise my dad will be pissed on him. :uhhuh:

But he is trustworty..no talk about that!!

//Tloopz

11. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I have been thinking about this too over the last few days. Whilst playing with you guys, I had fully intended on hanging back and spraying any injured party member with a holy bolt or 10. However, in reality I have noticed 2 problems. :-

1) It is extremely difficult to target an injured party member without other people/mercs getting in the way

2) Who in there right mind walks around with 1/2 a health bar in HC? When a person gets injured in any serious way, they will drink a red or a purple almost instantly. Thus negating the need for healing.

I have been thinking about a possible rebuild and going for a build that you suggested. Ditching the cleric and going for a full on FoH/Holy bolt pally. I am not sure I can manage this before tonight though.

btw What are the rules regarding getting a char to a certain level in order to start questing with the team? For example, I could get a pally to level 30ish by 19:30 tonight if I was allowed to twink him, join pubbies and then remove the twinked gear before joining up with you guys..

For tonights gaming I would equip him with the stuff that my current pally is wearing right now...

Is this allowed? I wouldn't want to break any rules.

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh man, Baroni..don't ask and you don't get replies you don't wanna hear.

Our rules are that we rebuild dead characters until end of NM, and when we play out of KTA we play only to lv mercs or catch up. In an ideal world with other KTAers help. (that's how I rebuild my Druid in 3.0).

But I have no idea how e.g Syxx rebuild his javazons in 2.0. If you showed up with a guy called KTA_MonkeyNooks tonight, none of us would know the difference between the new or the old one...and as a rule we trust each other to stay untwinked.

BTW: Chillers barb IS untwinked, but was already lv 19 when she joined. He came to this lv by playing out of KTA.

13. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Ah I see :) Well, KTA_MonkeyNooks will be joining up with you guys at 19:30 tonight ^^

14. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Souleater

Hes played a fair bit with me, and is on friends list (well on 1 acct :lol: )

Dont know how much GAT he plays - prolly a fair bit.

Seems to be on all the time :)

Kev

15. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Brother

Whats your brothers acct Tloopz?

16. Chiller_babe

Most of my characs are untwinked until Act 5 / NM unless I'm having problems - I just dont have enough mules to keep loads of LL stuff:)

Speaking of which I Shenk was kind enough to drop a +2 fire skills circlet - no other mods but could be useful to someone!

Chill

17. det

det IncGamers Member

I think I have Tloopz bro also on my f list...Simpan_gat IIRC? Can give it to you tonight kev.... I suppose if remcodr does not show up we should try and msg Tloopz brother and sort out if he has the time and the character.

18. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

Hello there

Im still on time to join in? If i read the above messages correctly i need to bring along a lev 20 untweaked char. That will prolly not that hard :) How often you guys play together, once a week or..?
    Remco

19. Chiller_babe

We are at level 30-33ish at the moment and will be meeting tonight at 20.00-20.30ish CET in channel KTA:)

We play twice weekly - Mondays/Wednesdays

DET will fill you in I am sure - as I am always late :lol:

Chill

20. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

Ic You guys mind if i use some enchanting + ravenclaw cows to get to you guys? Otherwise it will cost me quite some time to do 20-30.