Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 4.0 Its not normal anymore...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Apr 6, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA 4.0 Its not normal anymore...

...meaning that the group finished off Mr. Baal (several times) and now carries on into NM.

Players started dripping in and by 20:00 we were faced with the problem that we had one guy too many. Remcodr and Simpan both showed up, but since KTA will invite the player first who asked first, we unfortunately had to give Simpan a raincheck. He was a bit sad, but took it like a true team player. Tloopz, if you come here to read this, we were impressed with the way your brother handled the disappointment, and we are sure there will be a spot for him in KTA 5.0.

Just when we were about to activate the altar on Arreats Summit, Chiller showed up and this must have caused a bad bug (is there another kind?). We defeated them easily..but nobody got the quest. it was reset to "activate the altar".

New game...this time it worked out alright. With nearly all quests under the belt, the group pushed for Nihlatak, cleared all 4 arms of his lair and the wuss died to the tune of crappy ingame music.

Needless to say...Baal followed shortly after. In our runs afterwards, we mostly got merc stuff. But since we are in the 37-45 range, we might consider running him a few times more. Maybe boring, but not as boring as dying in Nm and rebuilding.

I think the most impressive moment was, when the group decided to go after every WP again, visit some pits and get every quest. Before KTA 4.0 we said we will take it a bit easier when it comes to do all the quests, but the true KTA spirit resurfaced. You are doing us proud guys.

Current character setup

Baroni = KTA_MonkeyNooks FoH (Templar?)
    Ham = KTA_PoisonMan = PoisonNecro
    Syxx = KTA_Sol = Hydra/Static Sorc
    Greenfire = KTA_BunnyBarb = Leaper
    Chiller = Eaten_Whole = Frenzy
    Kevman = KTA_blow = Windy Druid
    remcodr = KTA_Survi = Fire Druid
    det = KTA_Dante = Bone Necro.

BTW: Do Lower resist and Conviction stack? Ham takes care of Decrep, I use Dim Vision...do we need more?

Edit: Corrected the builds..thanks greenfire ;)

2. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

i had a great time yesterday, and i am glad to hear you had one to :thumbsup:

first things first...
    i think baroni no longer is a cleric, but now is a FULL FoH/conviction pally. also chiller never was a zerking barb... she is frenzy all the way, and to state her own comment... "i am out of control".

lower resist and conviction DO indeed stack, and they can both break resistances. however i think the lower resists would be only usefull to the poison necro, while it needs quite a few points to be effective (prereqs as well). it does NOT stack with decrep, and i think having decrep active will benefit us as a group a LOT more. i like slow monsters, they are way less dangerous, and survival goes before killing anytime for me. i think dim and decrep are all we will need.

my BO is maxxed now, giving all of us a lvl 22 of it. so i can finally start getting some real damage on the road... gonna invest in leap and leap attack now to start some real jumping.

last time i looked at my red life bulb it had over 2300 life in it :worship: ... thats starting to look like it. i don't know how it is for you guys, but the closest thing i had to a "close" call yesterday was when i had "only" 80% of my life left... lol. i guess things will start getting dangerous in NM again.

i agree with doing some more baalruns wednesday, would be very nice if we could get some good ITAMZ to drop. specially things with resists are in bad need i feel.

cya all wednesday, already looking forward to it.

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah..its nice how we came from a team that lay in shambles to a nice group again. Pays of to stick to it and put in an effort to make it work. We stayed nicely together most of the times..only the last Baal runs became exactly that..runs. But that was fine with me.

Well, I noticed that some armour with 150 def, dual res, 30 + life and such was being sold at one point...so I am not sure what kind of stuff everybody is looking for. I gambled a dual resist belt and helm..and since I go no dex for now, the unique staff I use with 80 life 175 mana, 50 res all, fast cast, +1 skill will certainly take me far into NM. My res will be well in the +50 range already in NM now.

BS and BW are maxed, Teeth is next. Not really doing any decent damage (500 per spear) but at 55 FCR and 600 mana I can spam them out fast. Happy to hear that we can stick mostly with Conviction, Decrep and DV.

Just a notice in advance: I won't be able to play Easter monday and the wednesday after (12th and 14th April).

4. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Morning all.

Last night was a real blast. Looking forward to hitting up my Baal a few more time on Wednesday and then moving on to the slightly more scary world of Nightmare. I thought we stuck together nicely and on the few occasions we did become a little separated there was a call of 'Stick Together' from our pointy eared Barb. (Do you have that hotkeyed Greenfire? :) )

Hopefully the big 'B' will be kind enough to drop us some semi-decent gear. I know that some of you guys are going to be struggling a little for resistances in NM. Luckily for my pally, the game was nice enough to drop me a 3 socket - 15 all res's shield, which promptly became an ancients pledge. I now have max res's in norm and am confident they will be pretty high in nm too.

Mana is an issue for me now though. With FoH taking up 25 mana a pop, and my mana bulb only holding 200-ish (with BO) I can't maintain a sustained attack for any length of time. I had thought that redemption would take care of this, but there aren't many bodies left over once our necro has blown them up, or our druids carrion vine (solar creeper?) has devoured em.

I'm hoping to find some nice jewellery in NM with lotsa lovely mana on it. Might have to fight the sorcie over those items tho ^^

5. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

ohhhhh.. the easy life of casters and shields... i wish i could have some of that.
    i need both my 2 hands to do any reasonable damage at all... and still. so resists will have to come from armory and juwelry. i DO need leach there as well, which doesn't make things easyer. only good barbs have something called "natural resists", without that i would be in the negative already.

i hear Det complaining about his damage here... well Det i have just one thing to say to you. ... take a look at my caracter screen :lol:

i do like 250-420 dmg on both concentrate and leap attack.... :cheesy: and that is damage to ONLY 1 monster....
    will get better from now on i think... gonna invest in LA now.

and det ... where did you get that staff? it sure sounds haxxors :lol:

i can't be here next monday as well, wednesday aint a problem for me dough.

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, when we were in act 5 somebody mentioned that we found it, then people kept saying how they don't need it. Ham dropped it by the crate..and I asked who wants to use it (since its a sorc item..kind of). But no replies. So I typed "Then its mine MUHAHAHA"...we were freeing the barbs at that time. Maybe you remember the situation.

There really was no interest at all from the group about this item. More the shame on you :lol:

Your damage will go up soon..800% at lv 20. Its just that the game is going to take a huge group effort in hell. Good thing we have static...since the average Zombie has 8000 HP in a solo game already :surprise:

7. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

heh.. i remember now. but why shame on me? i can't use staffs or anything like that... can i? (well technically i could.. but my damage would be negative prolly)

what i want to ask you det.. how and where and whatfor do you gamble?
    i have NO idea how this is done, since i never done it before.
    i am in bad need of a pair of nice shoes (as i am still wearing plain ones). also a decent belt, and a new armor instead of stealth could do.

i do have like 150K gold, could you tell me where and how to spend it best ?

8. det

det IncGamers Member

The "you" was meant as a plural for the others in the group who now covet my staff...But its mine, it came to me..my own..my preciousssss :lol:

I started gambling in act 2, since its cheaper when you are low level..but blew all my money. Then I gambled again after we freed Anya...she is my lucky charm.

I usually gamble for the basic boots, the low ones that look like shoes, because they can spawn as Demonhide boots in normal. For Belts I gamble mostly for Plate belts (4 rows). I just take a shot at whatever I need..so that includes gloves...hardly armour.

I love circlets..but they are really expensive. So usually I will have a million of gold or so..and have my resists taken care of before I blow my money on them...they can become as expensive as 50k - 100k. The very last I gamble for are rings or ammy...as they are fixed at 50K and 63K.

In NM, I only start gambling again after freeing Anya...just superstitious I guess. I have 300K gold ATM..but are also looking for a +3 poison and bone wand...which can cost a fair amount of gold. Then again..my Staff is probably better than any kind of wand/shield combo..needs a nice wand/head combo to beat it.

RAZORSWITCH - Jo staff

Two-Hand Damage: 6-21 (13.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 28
    Required Strength: 18
    Durability: 20
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    +50% Damage To Undead
    +1 To All Skills
    30% Faster Cast Rate
    Magic Damage Reduced By 15
    All Resistances +50
    +175 To Mana
    +80 To Life
    Attacker Takes Damage Of 15

9. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Yep no shield = terrible resists, although I have stacked 3 or 4 points in natural res and have +1 on my helm. My damage isn't as high but boy can I put in a lot of hits quick now. The only problem is when frenzied up and with now over 200% run/walk half the time I run straight past the monster I want to attack - I also seem to causing my graphics card nightmares:)

Chill

10. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh...resists: Here's some stuff that I gambled in other KTA games:

Rare triple resist belts with cold, lightning fire in the 8-20% range
    Rare boots with both 20+ lightning/fire res
    Rare boots with 20+ and 30+ cold and poison resist and FRW
    Rare ammys with 4 resists in the 25-35% range
    Rare gloves with 20+ resists in several combinations of fire/lightning, Fire/cold etc etc...

When I was really desperate at the start of the ladder, I bought an armour with 30% Cold resist and +95 or so life and had Larzuk whack 2 sockets into it. I placed a RAL and ORT in there for 30% more Fire and Lightning res.

Or socketed a barbarians helmet that had some +2 warcries I needed with THUL RAL ORT...there are cheap ways to get stuff after all

11. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Just been levelling my Barb Merc and have had a couple of nice resist items drop. A rare circlet with +1 Curses/15 resist all and a magical amulet with 14 all res's. I'll keep levelling my merc and storing away any decent gear I come across.

12. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

i think the graphic problems you (and me as well) have are coused mainly by our 2 fantastic druids :scratch: all those fire and wind skills do a lot of graphical effects.

i am going to try to get my resists up a bit...
    boots should be first.., and then i will take a better look at my belt.

how did you get that much money? what is the best way to collect it? (yeah i know.. picking stuf up, and selling it... but where do you search for stuff to pick up?)

13. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

best stuff to pick up and sell is :-

Wands/orbs/staves/sceptres (even non magical ones)
    Body armour
    Most rares
    Barb/Druid helms
    Necro heads

Even if selling an item only gains you a few thousand gold, it all adds up pretty quickly. In just under 1 hour doing Shenk/Eldritch runs to level my merc I have also managed to save up nearly 400k.

14. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

i am now using some 4% mana leach amulet, becouse i needed the leach badly. but i have found a weapon with 7% ML in it.. so maybe that amulet would work for me.
    i will go do some figuring out tonight

15. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, Baroni about summed it up....but I only sell orbs or other class specific items that the other characters passed or dropped or have "crappy" skills.

4 of them with lv 24 spells or so give already 100k gold. Lots of Necro items have spells like Attract, Fire Golem and such and easily net 25k.

About the graphics...can't point out too much how switching to 2D mode helps the frame rates. Only notable decrease in graphic aesthetics ist the "square" light display around your character. No performance problems anymore after that for me...

also: /nopickup roxxors

16. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Ahh, /Nopickup My favourite 1.10 feature :)

17. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

It's nice to hear that KTA is running full steam ahead...I'll be waiting for your next experiences guys.

Btw, I also met Simpan on b-net and he really seems to be a nice guy :thumbsup:

...and thx Vix and Ham (was it?) for the cooperation with runequests.

Cya around

Vect

18. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, I met Simpan online today and he said he also registered for the forums her, so hopefully we shall see him around. I told him that he will be next in line for a new outing, so there seems to be no shortage for the supplies on the battlefield :lol:

19. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

My favourite is trying to pick up something in a pubbie to find you have inadvertently filled your stash with arrows:)

So yes great feature!

Chill

20. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Woot..

Just been gambling for belts at anya and she was kind enough to provide me with a Bladebuckle. Such a nice girl.

Eldritch was also kind enough to drop a Spectral Shard after me and greenfire had beaten him up a few times :)

btw, what kind of weapons are you meleeists in need of? If you could post here your current weapon stas then we could be on the lookout for better gear whilst merc levelling/gold finding.