Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA [4.0] Corpses everywhere

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Mar 25, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA [4.0] Corpses everywhere

...but luckily not ours.

After the teething problems in the forum we also had a few in channel, as members started to show up slowly. After 20 minutes, the first 4, being Ham, Tloopz, det and greenfire got so impatient that they kicked off (could have something to do with greenfire typing "lets play, lets play, when do we play" all the time :lol: ).

As we were almost about to save Cain, Vectom and Dave appeared, shortly followed by Baroni. We created a new game and got the Den quest again..only to find Kevman appearing at the promised time of 20:30..actually 4 minutes early. He got hell from his family for that ;)

By that time, levels were spread out from 1-8. Not a big problem..KTA [3.0] ended between 79 - 85...and by the end of this evening, we all hit 19.

Ham = KTA-PoisonMan = Poison Necro
    Tloopz = KTA-NiceColdAss = Sorc (this'll get censored in these forums, I guess)
    greenfire = KTA-Bunny Barb = No prizes for guessing char and build here
    baroni = Cleric Paladin...KTA-shoot me..I forgot the name
    Vectom = KTA_Sexed = Coldsorc...you can tell we have 8 boys in various sexual repressive stages playing
    Dave = KTA_Nicodemus = Skelliemancer
    kevman = KTA-Blow = Name hopefully refering to him being a Wind Druid
    det = KTA_Dante = Bone Necro, name repressenting my current drepressive mood

Nothing unusual happend..it was like always. Somebody even triggered an Explosion Shrine again, as everybody seemed to be falling asleep. Nice wake-up call. We bulldozed everything in our path..well, steamtrained would be better, as the pace was occasionally too high for everybody involved.

Don't worry..recent KTA outings have proven that it DOES get better. In NM we become real good at sticking together and in hell, we are one tight green spot on the map. By then we should have Dave safely in the second row to have the skellies up front with the Paladin and Barb.

We conquered most, if not all WP's but didn't go into every Pit. The new KTA "light" spirit, which suits me fine. Andy died so fast..I came back from buying antidotes and only saw the telltale flames of her demise and some rares on the ground.

We proceeded to act 2 where things got a bit ruffer in the sewers..until the lv 18 spells kicked in and we mopped the floor with those red skelletons and stinking cadavers. Last WP conquered was Far Oasis after we had to actively remember that we need the Horadic cube after all :lol:

Found one Unique, a club/mace...now lets collect runes to get those Steel and Stealth items. Countess runs are in order...so don't dare to die..and stop at lv 19.99...okay.

2. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

OMG... was i THAT bad ???!!! :innocent:

well ... yes i remember... i was :thanks:

was a very fun evening all, looking forward to monday. maybe its an idea to do some countess runss monday, starting at 1930, with the ppl who can be there at that time? then we can go on questing again when the rest arrives at 2030....

*edit: i have been doing some research on low lvl runewords just now, and i came to the conclusion that there are quite a few nice options. maybe it is an idea to store all the runes we find in one car. so we have a better idea of what we can make. if you guys like this idea i volunteer to use my stash for this purpose. the same thing might be a good idea with gems ....

3. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Nice to hear that yesterday was a success. Keep up the good work and keep the spirit of KTA alive. I’ll visit Madeira next week but I will read up on the continued adventures when I get back!

Have fun and stay alive :D

Best whishes,

silver

4. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I can't believe you forgot my chars name Det. Surely a moniker like 'KTA_MonkeyNooks' sticks in the brain somewhere :rant:. Seriously though, what I can't believe is that you actually managed to remember 7 names. I had no idea who was who last night. Thankfully I have your cheatsheet to refer to now.

Last night did start off a bit on the hectic side, but that is only to be expected with there being a complete lack of danger in act 1 norm. It did get better when we decided that our fearless sorcie should lead the way. Not sure she is the best choice to be the one spearheading our attack later on tho..

Regarding the countess runs you suggest, I have already managed to whack that rune hoarding wench a fair few times. My paladin is now equiped with a 'Steel' flail, a 'Stealth' armour and a 'Nadir' helm (never had 1 before :) ).

I also made a few for you guys. I have 2 more Stealths and 1 more Steel flail up for grabs. I also have 4 tir runes, so if you sorcs want to grab a socketed armour/weapon and have some nice mana per kill, then the runes are waiting in my stash.

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, :lol: MonkeyNooks...I have been looking at that name so often and wondering exactly what it means that I cannot believe that I forgot it.

I think the sorc leading was supposed to be not entirely serious. It will turn out that maybe Barb or Paladin lead, with the Windy close behind (due to spell range)

...and a big WOW...exactly how many runs have you made to find so many runes, among them at least two Tals? Just hold back the temptation to play your new KTA chars outside our meetings too much..okay ;)

That aside..I desperately need a Stealth armour (as I guess everybody else does...maybe not Bunny or Nico)

6. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

It actually didn't take that many runs. She drops a tal pretty regularly. I think maybe in total I did 20 runs.

Don't worry though Det, my paladin is now unable to do any more rune farming form the Countess due to being lvl 19.99 :) Don't want to go jumping ahead of you guys.

Oh and the name MonkeyNooks came from the 'Pet Name Generator' link that was posted in the forums a while ago. Too good to pass up :jig:

7. det

det IncGamers Member

Ah, yeah..I remember you posted that.
    Too bad my name KTA_BouncyCrotch was 1 letter to long to fit into the space that you can use for your new character...so in the end I used something boring-ish

Did you make the Stealth in Breastplates? I sure will be running her until Monday..want a Stealth as well. I am drinking mana pots like mad...my tonque is turning blue :lol:

8. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

wow... nice countess running man...

i would like a steal to, and i have an el in my stash... so i could have 1 of the tir's.

i will prolly make it in some big 2 hander.. just for funs :lol:

9. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I made 1 of the stealths in a breastplate and 1 in a splint mail for a bit extra def. The breast plate is yours Det. If you want 3 of the Tirs to put into a mace or some other 1 hander, you can have them too, it certainly helps to gain 6 mana back every time you waste a baddie.

Greenfire, 1 of the Tirs is waiting for you the next time I see you on BNET.

10. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

thx m8... that will rock n roll :worship:

11. det

det IncGamers Member

:worship: thanks a lot for the armour :worship:

Still, I won't pass up the chance of a few runs and get to 19.99 myself ;)

No mace or melee weapon for me anymore..getting to dangerous out there now fore close combat

12. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

won't the "+2 mana after kill" work to if you don't hit m to death but range kill it?

anyways... i will do some runs to.. moost likely, just for the fun of it, for some exp, and some runes are never bad

13. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

As Greenfire said, you will get the 6 mana per kill even if you don't hit em with the weapon. I often start my sorcs with a 3 tir wpn/armour setup. 12 mana per kill will keep those mana thirsty sorcies happy for quite a while. You might wan't to consider going for a 3 tir armour over the stealth, if you can do without the faster run/walk and fast cast..

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Did 3 runs..and must say..sorry for being a disbeliever at first.

First run: El, El
    Second run: Tal, Tir
    Third run: Eth, Eth

So..I made my own Stealth now, somebody else will love to have yours ;)

15. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Looks like we'll have plenty of stealths and steels to go around on Monday. Need to get some cash collected too so we can gamble some res's gear to go along with em.

16. det

det IncGamers Member

Drogan sells those sweet res all bone shields of deflection. Can't beat 15 res all, 60% block, FBR for a long time..not until "Shael Eth" Rhyme at lv 29 anyhow.

I am putting those TIRs into Helm and Shield until we get a good BO going.
    2 TIRs dropped on the 4th run. :)

17. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

lvl 19 now.. in 5 more lvl's i will have BO... and i guess after lvl 30 it will be starting to get decent (specialy the time it lasts)

i will collect some cash, i am very efficient at that :thanks:

18. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

let a girl make a mans job!?!? Wimps :rant: Muhahaha

Was little boring for me yesterday, had no power to play 100%. Sitting here in my big soft chear wrapped up into a blankit with 3 layers of cloethes... :cheesy: ...notice that i had my eyes of screen sometimes for minutes talking to my GF. But its much better already....

//Tloopz

PS. Did i spell like crap or ??

19. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

KTA go Bang

Woops - that was me - hit by mistake :)

(Bwahaha almost got them.......)

You also forgot the Green pool of death constantly coming from my druid........

Gogo poison potions.......

After everyone bar det left, I finished up to get to 19................

So Im now a new born 19 year old, with the wp for maggot lair.

Stopped there, to allow group playing.

I wont play him until Monday though, as the temptation to mf will be toooo much........

And oak sage is 13 :)

Kev

20. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

well... there will be no shortage of stealth armors monday...

i just did some 6 tower runs ... found 2 el 3 eth and 5 (!!!) tal

so that is at least 3 more steatlh armors right there