Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 What's up guys

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Feb 27, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 What's up guys

Hey..our old thread just dried up..what's happening here. You don't care or what?

We have 4 people volunteering to join (in Order)

Baroni
    Lostprophet
    Hcugajeremy
    kevman

with kevman actually comitting himself to our playing times.

So..where's the heated discussion? twinked, untwinked? What characters? Anybody wanting to drop out? Form a second team?

So far a Bear, Pala and Coldsorc as well as a trapper (IIRC) have been suggested by various KTA'ers.

I'll be hiding our tag in my name: KuddlyTeddyAttacks :lol:

2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Hi Det,
    how many new ppl do we need for a full team? I would go for a twinked team, and i would not do all q's, only the ones neccesary. If we play twice a week, w'd be in the ladder in a month!

3. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Det you beet me me to a new tread. Took all day to type due to work. But here goes:

Hello fellow Team KTA members and the rest of you J

Well KTA 2.0 is over as we all know, and KTA 3.0 will start on Monday the first of March. I won’t be able to make it on Monday my self. My Wife is coming home for the weekend and leaving on Monday evening. I will be joining on Wednesday for sure. I’ll make a char ready to go, and have him ready for Baalruns. I’m sure you will get that far in the first evening :D

So what does the team look like? Solid won’t be joining us so we have at least one open slot. Row have you decided yet? Knowing your blessed “condition†we all understand if you decide not to participate. We will miss you so please join! :D

So the team:

Syxx: ?
    MN_Swe2: Zealadin
    Det: Druid (what kind: winddruid?)
    Chiller: Bowazon (cold?) I have a nice bow with revive. Reviveazon =)
    Ham?
    TLoops:?
    Silver: Sorc (cold or fire)

And last the spot for a recruite:

Baroni (boy that’s a nice avatar :D) and we where also promised suitable bribes…
    Can we accept Baroni? Or shall we make a new recruit tread? I know other have expressed interest in joining.

So what is the goal and the rules this time. I have to admit that going untwinked and killing every monster in the game do not interest me. In fact after two seasons of KTA I’m sick of it. So I think we should twink as much as we like. And get to hell as fast as possible and then have fun in hell, doing baal runs etc.

The party:

Druid: Det is going to play a Druid. I trust you will max Oak. Is it going to be a winddruid? Personally I found a Fury druid boring…

Zealadin: Magnus is planning on a Paladin using Zeal and fanatism. Adding nicely to the damage of mercs and an army if we get a necro.

Bowazon: Hopefully Row will join us and she expressed interest in a amazon using the cold element. If she uses the bow with revive we get more tanks witch is a good thing especially if we are not having a Necro coming along.

Sorc 1: I’m going to play a sorc. Still my favorite char. I think the team needs two sorcs one cold that is tuned for safety and able to teleport to Baal in hell. Not an easy task, I know Ham can do it with a sorc built for it, and I know I can do it. So say sorc 1 is a cold sorc with maxed ES+synergy. She will be the tele sorc with at least 105 FCR for speed.

Sorc 2: The main MF char. Will load up with mf gear. Around 500 should be reachable she will be the one that deals the final blow to all the bosses always. Could be a cold sorc with max Orb+synergy or a fire orb with Maxed FB and Meteor. She will max synergies as far as she can without a to big a compromise of safty. She is a killing machine standing in the back row.

I will play one of the sorcs either one is fine. I have a sorc that I can borrow gear from with Hams Skulders she has over 500 in MF.

Barb. We need one for BO and Shout. Maxed shout combined with a def merc and coldarmor combined with some high def gear really makes a big differens for a telesorc. If she has 10k def, max block, max ES and a Storm, there are not many things in the game that can kill her. I think Ham has one =) The barb is ne of the more boring chars to play but so vital for the party. A must!

Paladin2. A paladin with conviction would really speed up our killing speed. With all the twinked cookiecutters that do elemental damage, this one would be a nice companion. Vengeance would be the preferred skill. Throw on a lightsaber with Lightning absorb and not even glooms can hill him.

The 8th char: Could be a Necro or a Trapper. Both would add greatly to the party. Both up for grabs

What do you think about a party like this, and witch char would u like to play?

Lets talk about it.

vix

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Okay, thats the update, bringing Info in from the other thread again:

Det: Wearbear (we had a fury wolf and a Wind Druid, so I give Fireclaws a shot..and shockwave. Collect Shaels for a 6 socket Phase blade, guys)
    Tloopz: Sorc or Trapper, Preference Trapper (they do rock)
    Row: mageazon, prefereably cold
    Magnus: Zealadin

So we have already Fire, Ice, Cold and Physical covered, lol

yeah, Necro, couple of sorcs and a barbarian and we are set (would a Zealadin use conviction or what?)

Silver, I dont totally agree on one issue and thats playing every area. I think rushing ourselfs and doing endless Baalruns gets even more annoying. I am not saying we should explore every damn sublevel, but lets get all the WP's still. It does help levelling in an amazing way after all. (we have skipped the red portals and several Tunnels in act 2 anyhow...maybe we would skip Halls of dead in NM and hell..and don't do Nihlatak.)

5. Silvervixen

I fully agree with Ham, an all accounts. I might even be interested in playing more than twice a week. At the end of March my game time will be pritty much over, just so you know.

Vix

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Does that mean your wife returns and you will not be able to play anymore? ...That would be too bad, man... that's another trusty companion kicking it.

Mal left us, your time over soon, twinked play...is that the beginning of the end of KTA?

:( :( :(

7. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Mornin' all.

I vote for allowing me to join (surprise surprise). I don't have anyone on these boards who can write a glowing character reference for me, but my word is my bond and I can assure you all that I won't bail on you.

I would be more than happy to play a Barb, if there aren't any already. I was thinking a thrower as I haven't played one of them in ages. Oh, but I don't have any decent equipment in HC, so I will pretty much be playing untwinked even if the group is twinked.

As for wether the whole party should be twinked/untwinked I don't mind either way, but was thinking that it is more fun and a real challenge to go the untwinked route. I know you guys have done it untwinked the first 2 KTA outings, but do you think you would have had such a good time with twinked gear? Isn't it the underpowered nature of the team that adds the edge?

Just my opinion.

I look forward to hearing back from KTA members on who they allow to join their esteemed ranks, and hopefully it will be me.

p.s. Silvervixen, if my avatar is attracting your attention, maybe I can e-mail you a few dozen more pics of the lovely lady. *cough* bribe *cough*

8. Silvervixen

Yep, unfortunately that is what it means on my part. I will try to play on accession. But my days of heavy user are over…

I bet it will be hard, because I’m really addicted. But still in a way good to get de-toxed.

9. Silvervixen

In life the thought is often more precious than the action. Hence the expression:

"It’s the though that counts"

Did I spell that right…?

*cough* bribe accepted *cough*

I vote for Baroni

vix
    :lol:

10. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi All,

KTA is not over ... and this version, version 3.0 is going to be a special "twinked" team. Afterwards I suggest we revert to our usual format of untwinking ... as this is where the real challenge is.

Anyway for KTA 3.0, I'll be back as either a BO Barb Thrower, or another Necro.

Regards Syxx

11. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Kta 3 :)

Welllll, if theres no space, theres no space.

Im quite easy (as most people know).

Currently doing GAT Hell Baal Runs - ooh lots of blue shiny things.

If I did play, it would be either a skelemancer - or a crying barb.

(Just for the hell of it :))

I have most of the equip I need for either..........

Kev

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Hmm..if we go with our "First served" rule, the free place would go to Baroni. Can you play Monday and Wednesdays 19:30 to 22:30 CET?

What does everybody else say?

BTW, if someone is desperate to play a Druid, I always needed a hammerdin on my Rooster..or that will be my KTA 4.0 character.

13. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Time

I can only go until 10 each night det anyway.

After that, the missus gets grumpy :rant:

Ahh well - if theres a space in a later venture - look me up pls :)

Kev

14. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Hi Guys

Would love to bring KTA-Babe along for the ride - you know my time keeping isn't exactly reliable - but I will be there everytime, as long as we finish by April 7th - then I will have to hand my KTA hat over to some other insane individual!

She will be a magezon as previously mentioned - so any advice will be welcome as it will be a completely new charac for me - but at least I don't have to worry about covering up my behind with Solid not there:)

Chill

O and may I nominate Kev for my replacement after this Fling?

15. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Replacement

No worries Chill :)

Ill work on the Zon (level 19 is annoying when its 20 for the Rogues bow).

And I also plan a chain sorc :)

(Seems a shame to waste that +2 light amulet found yesterday.)

It gave a "STACK" of things - resists, life, +2 light skills etc........

Im off 3 days next week so plenty of time to play :)

Kev

16. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, Kev...stopping at 22:00 would not be a problem, I was more worried that somebody cannot meet the days of the week that we play (had a few applicants like that last time - its too hard when you are in the US)

Hehe..you could even share an acc with Row...and then switch chars when she arrives :lol:

If it is okay with everyone else, I'd agree with Row that Kev shall take her position next time (not sure if mal will ever show up again :scratch: )

17. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I can play any weekday except Thursday, so these times are fine for me. I am looking forward to Monday already. Been ages since I had some decent company in D2.

btw My D2 acc name is *baron1 and my msn acc is [email protected]

18. det

det IncGamers Member

Mageazon, eh Chiller? I guess by definition they are the kind of zons that rely on a big mana pool and mana recovery items (other than the elemental maidens)

For a FA zon, there is Freyas nice FA guide in the zon forum
    For Immo, I could hand out a few hints.

Myself, I could offer a Lycanders and Magewrath for you. Also an Eaglehorn that I don't even want to have back.

19. Silvervixen

Ok small update. This is what the party looks like now:

Syxx: Barb Thrower or Necro
    MN_Swe2: Zealadin (fanatism)
    Det: Wearbear (fireclaw+Shockwave)
    Chiller: Bowazon (cold?)
    Ham?
    TLoops:Trapper (lightning)
    Silver: Sorc (cold or fire)
    Baroni: Barb (thrower)

Syxx you have to decide what to play. If you play the Barb then Baroni have to chose something else.

Ham what are you going to play?

And Magnus could you consider a Vengeance/Conviction paladin instead of the Zeal/Fanatism. You are very welcome to play the Zeal/Fana, if that what you desire. But conviction would really help the party.

And shall we use out KTA tags?

And do we agree tat we go twinked, and not doing every quest in the game? The twinked part is essential for me. I can’t handle typical KTA run this time. It is o tedious, I’d rather be MF:ing or tuning and leveling my other chars. So we have to agree on this.

20. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

I think I have a spare Kuko & Lionheart kicking around - so that will probably do me:)

It's really the rest of the kit I'm worried about!

Chill