Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 Start your engines....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 Start your engines....

Hi All,

After the complete annihilation of Team KTA 2.0 ... it was decided to try this time around with a "twinked" team.

7 mages turned up ...

Bear (Druid)
    Sorc 1
    Sorc 2
    Sorc 3
    Pally
    Trapsin
    Barb Thrower

I am not sure what sort of sorcs we are going to end up with, but I did see some Static, and Chain Lightening. However these ladies are tough, they spent most of the early acts in Normal, melee'ing the monsters and doing a great job of.

In fact there was 1 rather embarrassing moment for me, when a LE Boss started spraying lightening everywere, so my big butch Barb, decided to back peddled out the way ... only the see a Sorc move in and tank to LE Boss ... and kill it. Way to go ladies :)

3 or 4 times throughout Normal, we bought in items and tweeked our characters. We also used highler level characters to give WP's. However our biggest problem was we still ended up wondering around place trying to find the right way to go. No hacks allowed means no Map Hack ... and the usual hassle getting through Maggots, or finding the Summmoner...etc.

Our 8th player arrived while the rest of us were in Act2. so we started a new game and powered our newly arrived Zon up to where the rest of us were.

Our first death occured in Travical. A sorc got separated from the party and was surrounded by monsters and taken out. I think part of the problem is, that team players were tweeked to different levels, so noone realised who was weak and who was strong. Also we were moving a little fast to be safe.

Made another new game, passed on the looted gear to a newly re-incarnated Sorc ... and while she started off again, the rest out us in early 20's, took out Meph, Diablo and Izzy. Then we returned to Act1 and where our new Sorc had reached level 14 or so ... so we killed Andy, so she could start some sewer runs.

The rest of us then went to Act 5 and killed Shenk and the Ancients, before returning to Act 2 to help our Sorc along.

By now it was getting onto Midnight and time to stop. KTA 3.0 nearly managed to finished Normal in a single session. With the exception of the re-incarnated Sorc, most of us are now around level 30.

It was alot of fun ... but I think we need to be a little more organised and make sure that all party members are twinked to a simular level, otherwise more deaths will occur.

Thanks all for an enjoyable evening.

Syxx / HTA-Kron

2. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Great summary Syxx, thx :)

I think you hit the spot with the twinking issue. My pala had quite nice gear for a sub lvl 25 char.

At lvl 6 I gave him a good life boost with socketed armor and helm, boosting 102 life right there. My life at lvl 25 were around 350 on my own, with barb's BO and Druids Oak I was up to around 850 :lol:

Also gave him Hsarus Boots + Belt, a nice socketed flail (flawed topazes), a good shield, AR+fire res rings (fire archers in sewers) and a ML amulet.

I even had +dex charms on him to obtain max block without having to spend too many points into dex.

So I felt quite safe last night, but I can imagine how a less powered char trying to keep up felt...

I suggest we have a twinking session to start off wednesday so everyone has life/dmg/res to be able to do Baalruns safe, and if not our slain team member is at Baal yet we start off by boosting him to act5 :)

/Magnus (PalaHCin)

3. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

And thx for a fun game last night. I play one of the sorcs KTA-SilverHope and she will use the element of fire. That being fireball and Meteor. She was using Sigon’s full set with angelic rings and amulet. She hade a lot of +str chars to be able to use the sett. At one point I changed the angelic jewelry to 2 manalds and one + life, + mana amulet. I was doing less melee and more Fireball and was having a lot of problems with mana running out. I also muled in some traditional sorc gear but the lvl req on some of the gear was to high so I ended up using the siggi and my big hammer.

And I agree on Wednesday we should start with a mule session. Only problem is that I’ll be late on Wednesday, I have promised to baby-sit my niece. (my brothers daughter, is that my niece?).

Later,

Vix

4. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

Damn I missed it. :(

As for tweaking yes it takes more effort and foresight to tweak yourself for every single lvl. :) But then you only have to do this in normal.

My characters carry everything with them till Baal runs. Then they switch to NM gear. You can do that, too, if you're confident of not losing everything you're not wearing.

5. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Chilly is now at level 22 and has done the ancients - so it won't be long before she is up to an equal level with us oldies on 30:)

As far as twinking goes I found it really quite strange - as I dont usually bother until at least act5 - indeed when we did Diablo the only res I had was cold (useful:D)

I think I was still barefoot until after the ancients too - so I obviously don't quite have the hang of this - in fact the only tweaked LL characs I have are for killing players not monsters!

I did have fun tho - and thanks to all for taking the time to level me up! O by the way whose arctic set do I need to return?

Chill

PS Can we please have a list of who plays what character - as I spent most of last night very confused not being the Chilly_witch Character:D

KTA-Babe Magezon Extraordinaire

6. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Afternoon guys.

I just knew it would be me who bit the dust first. Too long playing in SC has made me a bit too gung-ho. That and the inopportune pressing of the Win Key just when I am surrounded by monsters = Deeds.

Thanks to some help from a few members of the team (sorry, forget which ones), KTA-ChillyWitch is now lvl 31 and has lvl 8 Blizzard to destroy the hordes with.

Oh, and I am sorry for the confusion I caused by calling my char ChillyWitch, I didn't know that there was a very similarly named char in previous KTA's.

Anyhoo, all in all I had a blast, and am looking forward to Wednesday, when I will be much better prepared, both equipment wise and Win Key wise ( I have prised it out of the keyboard :) ).

7. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

That would be me :)

KTA-SilverHope

8. det

det IncGamers Member

Yep, great fun..and to me I feel we still needed to be careful and do many areas that we would also do normaly...just to gain exp. Facing Council at 22 or Lister at 29 is still danagerous, even with twinky gear.

I don't think I will have all the points for a strong Fireclaw build, so I guess I will be a Party friendly Druid, maybe with 20 in Shockwave, 20 in Maul, 20 in Oak and the rest in summons and Lycant/WB

Hmm... our team?

Tloopz = LightningTloopz = Trapper
    Det = KTA_Ragnaroek = Wearbear
    Silver = KTA_SilverHope = Fire sorc
    Syxx = KTA_Kron = Thrower
    Ham = KTA_Cunctator = Lightning Sorc
    Row(Chiller) = KTA_Babe = Magezon
    Magnus = PalaHCin = Zealot
    Baroni = Chilly_Witch = Cold Sorc

..did I get that right?

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm...thread dying off again here :scratch:

Looks like KTA really brings ppl together outside Monday and Wednesday, as I found Tloopz, Silver and Ham creating new characters together yesterday...although with different goals :lol:

Could not join in too much, but Miss_Spitfires Enchant was much liked (how could it not be, when a blue short bow with 1-4 damage suddenly does 300-400, hehe). Still..the few games I joined eventually had me gain 7 levels, so I felt adventurous and visited Nightmare at lv 42 today. Den of Evil was no problem and since I had access to all 5 acts, I thought "Why not pop in for Hellforge quest?".

Don't worry..its not a story with a sad end. Luckily, no Mages in River of Flame, but still: With 280 HP and 300 Mana, I felt not exactly at ease. Hm...1400 Fire damage from Kuko with 70 IAS...Monsters did not like that at all. It became my first ever River run at such a low level...and while I was wondering if my low level would affect the rune drop, I was rewarded with a LUM. What a way to start off a day.

Anyone has a 3 socket Dusk Shroud for trade?

10. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Kron will hopefully only be an hour tonight.

Sorry about that ....

Regards Syxx / KTA-Kron

11. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Will check my mules next time I log on.

I have finally decided what I will make out of my pala. It will be a zealer, but not one using Fana or Conviction, instead I will make a FrostZealer or what ever they are called.

Max HF, Res Cold, Sacrifice, Zeal. 1 p in HS and rest in Salvation :)

C U tonight /Magnus

12. det

det IncGamers Member

An hour what? Earlier..no need to be sorry for that :lol:

Enquiring WB builds at the Druid Forum right now...Shockwave/Maul seems the way. 8 seconds stun at lv 10...could be enough for the rest of the party to bulldoze the screen..or :scratch:

13. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, accompany that with my Frost Zealaot, and they will not move :p

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Not to forget the HF mercs...I need to get one..and dont dissuade me here :)

Magnus, I took up your offer and send a mail to ktakta on the spray.se mail adress. Included 2 screenies and a mugshot of myself..so prepare yourself to be scared. maybe we will get our faces online eventually, hehe

EDIT: Forget the HF merc..when you are next to me Magnus...better Might Merc, eh?

15. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

And if you add to that my secondary skill of Glacial Spike with it's 4.2 second freeze length (at lvl 20) then I think this could be one of the safest parties ever to roam the land.

16. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, looking forward to open the mail, will do it when I get home today ;)

Nahh... go with whatever merc you want for your build is my suggestion. You should have a playable char even after KTA[3.0] is done...

I will go Might, and even if we all end up going Might, I still think we do the right thing :)

/Magnus

17. Chiller_babe

Hey don't forget my Frozen Arrow turning everything into ice cubes!

Anyone know of any cheapie items with freeze duration - as this is cumulative with frozen arrow!

Chill

18. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Only one I can think of offhand is Iceblink, IIRC it works with ranged weapons as well as melee.

19. Chiller_babe

Ravenfrost I think too - anything with a given freeze duration works with Frozen Arrow skill to up the time frozen:)

Chill

20. det

det IncGamers Member

Eye of Ettlich with the hidden Freeze duration.

My 1.09 SP HC Amazon could freeze hell cows for well over 5 seconds. Prefered it over Atmas, if you can believe it :lol: