Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 Powering through Nighmare

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 Powering through Nighmare

Hi All,

After a quick normal Baal run to get all KTA mages into Nightmare, we did a few quests from Act 1 Nightmare... clearing Den, rescueing Cain and finally wasting Andy in order to bring us all up to the same point. This is then where last nights adventuring really started.

Out team last night was ...

Trappersin
    BO Thrower
    Bear
    Ice Bow Zon
    Sorc 1
    Sorc 2
    Sorc 3

Sorry ladies ... but I am still not sure which sorc is doing what. I know one of you is Blizzarding, another is meteoring ... and the 3rd, I don't know ... standing around looking pretty ?

In the early stages we were a little disorganised, as the Sorc were teleporting around the place, while us footsloggers, had to hoof it by foot. However the futher we got into Nightmare, the more we converged into a single group.

And what a killing machine the group turned out to be. Our sorcs are pure killers, even without necro curses or Pally's auras. Their primary attack spells are nearly maxed and the damage they dish out is very impressive. The lightening damage from our sins traps is also vicious. As for us melee members of the party, we seem to be a couple of meat shields :)

We ran Act2, and in about 40 minuets Duriel was toasted and we were in Act3. Here we bought in a higher level character to give us Tranvical WP. We flattened the Council, then bought in a high level character again to give us the last WP. Mephs days were numbered ... he died soon after.

Act 4, we were still powering along. First Izual, then Heph were squashed. We then ran Heph 7 times, and un-partied when the stone was broken over the alter. Our rune rewards were ....

UM, DOL, HEL, HEL, SHAEL, LEM, UM.

Next was Diablo, who proved to be petty easy to kill as well. On the Act5. Again we bought in a high level character to give Crystalline and Ancients WP. We started with a Blood run, then resuced Anya and wiped the floor with the 3 stooges on Mt Arreats... one of them however was FE, who's death explosion nearly took out 1 of the Sorcs. Her life drop from 1400 to less than 100... almost leading to a change of knickers.

Our Bear needed to call it a night, so the remaining 6 of us, decided to do a quick Nightmare Baal Minion run. The Gloams on level 3 gave us some problems, and the dolls in the Throne room kept us on our toes, but KTA succeeded in the end, and Baals minions all got toasted.

This was where KTA-Kon, the Barb had to call it a night.

All in all, a rather easy stoll through nightmare. However none of us are really prepared for Hell. I have the impression that we do not own much in the way of uber gear, so Im not sure how much twinking is possible before we start adveturing in hell.

Thanks all for a fun evening.

Regards Syxx-T / KTA-Kron

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Hi all..

...finally the KTA summary is up - and a great job again by our Syxx...the Barbarian with unsurpassed literal skill :lol:

Well, I guess i can get eventually used to the playing style we employed yesterday, but it will take me some time. As Syxx said, the major problem is when you see 3 sorcs teleporting into 4 different directions and you have to walk. Sometimes I just stayed in town (to be honest...I was actually pretty p***ed off at that point - that was in act 2) because there was no chance I could keep up with anybody and no chance I could kill anything too fast at all.

Of course, I had to admit that teleporting has its merrits, when Ham jumped ahead and found us the exit out of Durance lv 2.

The drawback of teleporting Syxx and I learned, when you girls happily tp'ed away in the river of flame, leaving us two boys swamped with Abyss Knights and Pitlords. I would have loved an option to kick some of your pretty buts then :lol: Thanks to KTA_Kron for hanging in there with me...it was a close one, even with 2000+ life. (Though Sirens in Frozen River were even worse).

I really hope we can stick a little bit more together, come hell. I understand that most of you are trying to build powerhouses to run and kill Hell Meph/Baal (and you are doing a fantastic job at it) - but unless you want to loot the melee guys corpses to get your loaned equipment back, you will need to cover a bit for us.

That's my (little) rant for the day...oh..and the 3rd sorc is the Chain lightning Lady..no?

3. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Det i love the way you put that:
    "3 sorcs teleporting into 4 different directions"

And my apologies for being thoughtless!

But it will be different in hell, we have o be more careful with how we teleport. In NM I think all sorcs can handle them self’s even in a 8 person game, but this will change in hell. We won’t be able to kill as easily in hell and teleporting without a safe landing area might get us killed. And what more leaving our melee compadres behind trying to keep up running will most certainly get them killed. On occasion we will teleport longer distances but only if we agree to do it. I know I will be able to do it with acceptable safety thx to Syxx and he’s wonderful BO/Shout.

I hade a blast last night and it was good that we managed to get to act 5 in NM. We have to do some baalruns to get some more lvl before we move to hell. But I’m really looking forward to hell, it’s going to be a lot of fun!

And I’m going to mule in my endgame gear before Wednesday. So teleporting to baal will not be a problem. Going to get some MF as well =)

Oh Ham I need my maras back =) But lets do some mf runs tonight.

Vix

4. det

det IncGamers Member

I certainly will be online..if you want to have a grumbling old man, that is.
    Many of my characters would love to smell the air of NM again, and I might pop in with my javazon or so.

I would love to give some gear back as well, like the Firelizard Talons, the Druids club and such. (i suppose nobody wanted the Twitch and low lv stuff back.)

Later m8s

5. Silvervixen

I'd love to have a grumpy old man along :D

I have a barb and a sorc i need to get to act 3 in Hell, well the barb to act 5 acctually and an other sorc i need to get from act 4 to act 5 in hell. Could be fun to run hell baal =)

cya u all later to day online =)

vix

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm, my enchantress is happy if she just gets into act 1 hell, but my plaque java might love to see the end of hell (now in act 1 or 2 :scratch: )

Could be fun indeed, and nice to have someone to loot around. I just need to do a serious equipment swaping. My Necro can go and kick Baal anytime..he still has not killed him..but again, he is naked right now.

7. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I also have to hold my hands up and apologise to Det and the other non-teleporty chars in the group. I honestly didn't realise that there were any times we left you in any mortal danger. If you had just told us that you were getting peeved I would certainly have held off the teleporting as I am sure the others would have too.

As Silver said tho, we will definatley not be racing off to all points of the compass on wednesday. Random teleporting in Hell is a quick way to get the deeds screen when you are not wearing any uber gear.

I enjoy playing with you guys immensly. I hadn't experienced co-op teamplay properly on D2 until I joined KTA, and let me tell ya, it sure beats the living doody out of pubbies.

I will be on-line today as well Det/Vix and have a Wind-druid who wouldn't mind joining in on a few (dozen) nm baalruns.

Laterz.

8. det

det IncGamers Member

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Back again, for a little monologue...KTA 3.0 has become seriously tightlipped :lol:

Looking forward to tonights game, and thanks to Tloopz, Ham and Silver for some nice games yesterday.

Bug of the day: Joined act 2 hell game, where Maggot and Ammy quest were completed. Silver dropped a staff and ammy my way, which I cubed..but I just could not enter the palace or Arcaines. However I got all the quest entries for summoner and Tal Rashas Tomb.

While standing in town and feeling like the biggest leeching n00b, Ham and Silver kill the summoner and lo and behold..I get the quest. 5 minutes later I am very bored and click on one of the guys tp to Tal Rashas tomb...and I am in. :scratch:

Not that I could help a marrow-walking Bone Necro and an IK barb that much with my Plaque/LF maiden :lol:..but I kept on pretending, chucking javas everywhere and taging along.

Our efforts in Hell were rewarded with some items of Sigons set by Mephisto and..wait for it....Diablo also dropped the same items from Sigons set. Probably in revenge for letting us walk thru Durance without dolls, Plain of dispair with only a handful of black souls and a pretty much danger free Crystal Passage.

See y' all tonite

10. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Yep, see you guys tonight. I hope to see some of you on-line this afternoon too, maybe we could do some NM Baals and hopefully get my sorcie some decent gear before she has to set foot into Hell. She is quite a killer in NM, but Hell mode is a cookie of a different colour, if you get my mixed metaphor.

Laterz.

11. Silvervixen

Elo Allz,

Yea we should start to nights rumble with a mule session. We (Ham and I) found a nice amazon armor and a nice amazon amulet that row might like. No res on either unfortionatly. But both has ias =) and both are unique.

And we found a new weapon for DetDruid =)

And i will go true my mules to se if I have any other gear that might be usefull. Unfortionatly i don't have that much sorc gear...I have 3 sorcs my self.

laterz

vix