Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 It was Hell (2nd attempt)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 It was Hell (2nd attempt)

(Problems with the forum .... retry posting)

Hi All,

We started KTA 3.0 with the intention of getting Guardianship before April as a wedding present for KTA-Babe our IceZon. All is going according to plan. We have about 2 weeks playing time (4 evenings) left to do this in, and last night we started Hell.

Actually we started with a Baal Nightmare run, as our Skiing Pally returned from holiday and needed this quest along with our rebuilt ShockBear. Baal died easily, so 5 minutes later we were ready to rock in Hell.

With a cheery wave from Greenfire to see us off, we with started Act 1 Den. The team was ...

Fire Sorc
    Lightening Sorc
    Cold Sorc
    Trappersin
    ShockBear
    Pally (What sort are you, Magnus ?)
    ThowBarb
    IceZon (Late starter)

Our resistance was pretty good, and most of us had appropriate gear for adventuring in Hell. Arh, the joys of twinking. As usual the monsters were quite abit toughter than Nightmare and they took a fair beating to kill them. Our killing speed wasn't the same as previous KTA teams. I think this is due to the lack of a Vengance Pally and cursing (Decepify / Lower Resist) Necro. However the damage dished out by our 3 Sorcs, kept things moving at a steady pace.

Den was cleared, Cain was rescued, and we wiped the floor with Andy. Took only 30 minutes to get to Act 2, but we did skip the other quests. However due to the design of Act 2, requiring the full staff, we ended up doing all quests beforing squaring off against Duriel.

We hit abit of a snag in trying to retrieve the Vipers Amulet. I think one our Sorcs, got abit excited and dropped down to Vipers 2 by themselves, only to bail out of the game hastily when she was nearly overrun. A quick message gave the rest of us a warning to be careful. She returned to the game, and we all prepared to face some stirred up Vipers and limited space to play in. Down we go, and sure enough we are jammed against the door of Vipers 2.

A sorc, teleported to the raised alter, and splits the monters attention, releaving some of the pressure. Our Barb tries to mimic the Sorc with a great leap ... but it fall short ... or rather the Barb falls short and landed next to FangSkin. Fangy zapped the Barb a couple of times, dopping his life to under a quarter, before a 2nd leap carried the Barb to the Alter. Fangy then died, probably due to the spells of our 3 Sorc's, and the rest of the team were able to enter to room properly and we retreive the Amulet.

With a weary look around we entered Canyon WP, the site where Team KTA 2.0 was wiped out. This time no 3 times boss packs were waiting for us. The bug Duriel, was an anti-climax, and easily killed.

Now we arrrived in Kurast. We then heard that KTA-Babe, our Ice Zon had joined battlenet and was playing catchup in a Nightmare Baal in a GAT Game. A couple of us joined the game to help our last member get to Hell. Thanks Elements rUS, for being understanding when 4 high level KTA characters came and hi-jacked your GAT Game to help out our friend. Baal was toasted in very short time, then we repeated Act 1 Hell Andy and Act 2 Duriel for KTA-Babe, and Elements rUS, who joined KTA (guest appearance) in Hell. We had saved a full staff from our previous Act 2 Hell for KTA-Babe to save some time.

With Duriel deaths .... again, we journeyed to Act 3. We bought in a higher level character, who gave us Travical WP. A dead Council later, then the last WP from a high level character, and we had Meph in our sights. He died soon after, and we ended up in Act 4, where we decided to call it a night.

All in all, a good safe nights adventuring. We meet a couple of nice people, Greenfire and Elements rUS, and we are close to getting Guardianship. Diablo, Ancients, Baal .... and we are there.

However in our next session, I imagine a heph run for each player to see what sort of runes we can scare out of him.

Any good finds last night ? What was that unique amulet that dropped ?

Well people, thanks for a fun evening.

See you all tomorrow evening.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Kron

2. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

so ... i see you guys are going ahead pretty fast. act 4 already.

and if act 1,2 and 3 are doable in 1 night, act 4 and 5 in another night seems a piece of cake to me :lol:

so.. april... well... this week seems a more viable estimation.

also good to hear noone died, and everyone still going strong to beat hell.

hope to cya you all guys around, maybe tonight.... wednesday for sure :wave:

3. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hi all!
    Thx for a nice evening of gameplay :)

I was a bit rusty, thx to a week of skiing, and constantly found myself catching up with the group some 2-3 screens away. Also due to the fact that I chatted with some other friends online.

Anyway, my Frost Zealot as you say is no party pleaser, but instead my first try to build a melee char that can hold his own in 1.10. The freezing ability and cold dmg are very handy in Hell I've noticed :)

For wednesday I will switch some of his gear out, amongst them a Baranar I will use from here on. Hopefully increasing my killing ability a great deal, since up till now I've used a Hexfire :lol:

C U online /Magnus

4. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

It was me that was forced to leave when i got trapped betwen a pack of lightning immune scarabs and a dubbelthrowing (not moving) barb. :lol:

The lightdmg from them was easy to handle but the swingings from them did alot of dmg on me. And with no attack to take then down i leaved the game with 1/3 life left (out of 3600) And it went fast down.

But it was a blast yesterday, fun fun fun

//Tloopz

OBS. Ohh Tloopz i liked your CE and the way you handle it. Was much easier when you used it... THX alot!! :flip:

5. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Tloopz,

Very sorry mate ... if I had been paying better attention I'd have back off and made room to retreat ... but I must have been day-dreaming.

Yes Greenfire, we progressed alot quicker than planned. On Wednesday we will need to kill Act 3 Council and Meph again. I think Tloopz left before they quests were done last night. Then Izual, 7 or so Heph runs, Diablo, Anya, Ancients and finally Baal.

There is a good chance we can do all this on Wednesday, so it is possible that KTA 4.0 can start the following Monday. Only time will tell.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Kron

6. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

It was a Mahim-Oak Curio. Quite good for mid-lvl chars, but not really an end-game amulet, though the best I have so far for my Pala :)

/Magnus

7. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

if not wednesday, than it will be complete monday for sure... so at the very latest KTA-4.0 could start next wednesday.

so maybe it is time to start some planning on that one?
    i don't know how you guys normaly do stuff like this, but i could think of some things which should be dealt with.

first... who is going to play... (and if there is a spot for me :yep: :buddies: )

and then if KTA-4.0 is going to be twinked or not.

last but not least we need to make up what caracters are going to be in the party.

i have some idea's on the above (except on WHO is going to play) but first tell me how this was done before (KTA-3.0 and earlyer) and what you guys think/like.

well... as you see... little me is trambling on his feet to get things roling :flip: so if i get overenthousiastic plss tell me when it is time for a bit of relaxing and a nap :sleep:

hope to hear from ya all

8. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

And thx for a fun evening, It was a blast. Fun fun fun. But I have to agree that my FireBall sorc is a slower killer now than she was in Kta 1, mainly due to the lack of conviction. But still considering that she is twinked all the way to her toes, its vired. That Conviction spell really makes a big differens.

Ah going down to lvl 2 in the viper temple. What a rush, feeling the anticipation of real danger with the possibility to lose loads of good gear. Knowing ham has about the same setup as I and all other chars having nice gear to. If we died, no one could have looted us. Well down we went and yes somebody hade made a nice trap. The hallway up to the stares was full of vipers, I took a couple of hits witch I blocked. Then I teleported across the mob inside the circle with the alter. There was two or tree viper there that I killed and started pawing Fireballs and Meteors towards the stares. Then I see a flying Barb coming straight from the darkness (Assassin spell) at me but landing just short of the circle right next to the boss viper lol. But Syxx managed to jump again and landed safely next to me immediately started throwing them deadly axes.

This was defiantly the high light of the evening for me, helping our “hot†Amazon sister getting the amulet =) what a rush.

And it was nice to meet both Green and Kat, hope to see more of both of you online.

I remember reading somewhere that we should specify our gear. Here goes my:

KTA-Silverhope
    Sorceress
    Lvl 79

Str 156, Dex 192, Vit 137, Energy 72 (All with items)
    Life without bo and oak: 795
    Mana without bo: 802

Skills With safety items:
    Fireball 26
    Meteor 26
    Mastery 26
    Frozen armour 6
    Telekinesis 21 (not maxed yet)
    Energy shield 6 (Absorbs 45 % going to get it a bit higher)
    Warmth 6

Items:

Harlequin Crest (Ptopaz)
    Wizardspike (not socketed)
    Upgraded Vipermagi (Def 895, Ptopaz)
    Stormshield (empty socket, not sure what to put in)
    Magefists
    Gloom’s trap (Going to change this to a Arachnid Mesh at lvl 80)
    Silkwave
    Mara’s Kaleidoscope (29 res)
    Fast cast ring +14 str, 18 mana, poison res
    Cromatic ire on switch, for safe powerkilling

Damage with cromatic:
    5k fireball
    12k meteor

Damage with Wizzy+Storm
    4k Fireball
    8.8k Meteor

+3 to skills makes a big difference.

169 life from charms
    97 mana from charms
    27 mf from charmw

Sorry for long post...

Vix

9. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hold your horses Green, we are going to finish KTA 3.0 first in due time. This is the last run for me since I won’t have time to play much after March, and I wouldn’t mind ending up doing a couple of Hell Baalruns with a trusted group of good friends.

But the good news is at least one slot will open up, the bad new is that Kevman is first in line. But I think Mangus said something about maybe not joining for the next run and I now Chiller is not sure.

Anyway chill man. I’m sure KTA 4.0 will start when KTA 3.0 is properly finished.

Vix

10. det

det IncGamers Member

Hi all

great summary of the evening Syxx. An exciting read. I think I was busy stunning Vipers at the door :lol: could not even kill them. But that's not my job after all. I provide oak and my broad, furry back and stun whatever me and my bear can. Seeing that the sorcs teleport around with max block, 30% DR and more and probably a higher defense - they all were happy to hop ahead in the Maggot lair...and I was left standing in the rear. But all told I think we did a nice job of playing as a party and sticking together.

Lets not forget one thing about KTA. 1.0: We also had maxed ststic...I think this is definitely missing here. 3 clicks and all monsters down to 500% HP in hell, then conviction and spells while they are engaged by hordes of skellies goes a long way of making up for non-l33t gear

More later

11. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

You all KTA'ers, past and present, got PM's...

/Magnus

12. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

No I haven't - just looked:)

Hi Guys I am glad I decided to log on last night as you all cheered me up no end!

I also managed the Den of Evil quest before bed - thx to Chas (ElementsRus). O and I found a second Lycanders last night so Silver can reclaim hers!

As far as equipment goes I have the best zon equipment I have ever had - but then this being my First zon for about 4 years that doesn't say much:)

Please hoard any res charms (20 or over) for me as I really don't think I have room for any major equip change and my res is about 20 res all in Hell!

Chill

O and DET I felt exactly the same at the bottom of the steps to CVT 2 - I could freeze stuff, but it didn't look like any damage was happening. Really kind of sad doing 1.8k cold damage and having no effect at all!

Chill

13. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I have to hold my hands up on the ole trapping of the stairs to cvt2. I went down and waited for you guys to join me, which was fine until my merc decided to go offer for a wander and bring over a lot of cold Immune friends. Being a cold only sorc sucks sometimes :/

Apart from that little hic-up I enjoyed the night immensley. It was the first time we have done any prolonged questing in KTA 3.0, and that is what I enjoy the most.

Magnus, I have popped along to the address you PM'ed me, and posted a message of greeting.

14. Chiller_babe

Maybe Magnus doesn't love me anymore.... :hanky:

Where is Jedi - I'm going back to my old master :lol:

Chill

15. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, sorry Chiller for not explaning... but you are already present at the forum I tipped them all about.

I saw you post there very recently in the player acc thread, so politely moderated by Jedi, as you mention :p

Into S/M, are we ;)

/Magnus

16. Chiller_babe

Damn - you caught me out there Magnus!

Chill

17. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe.. it's like PK'ing. Don't knock it until you've tried it :p

/Magnus

18. Chiller_babe

That's not the problem - but how do you stop it once you start? :thumbsup:

Chill

19. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm..too bad, the site can't be reached today and yesterday I could not get past the "You are not logged in screen".

My gear is Jalals Mane, 23 res all/59 life ammy, Gerkes sanctuary, Bstar (casting mace with +3 skills, Casting Ammy +2 summoning and Sigons on switch/stash), Manald and rare res ring, Sigond gloves and boots (need the ll) and 30% fire res/ 100 life belt.

Maxed Oak (cast at lv 26) and lv 16 or so Lycantrophie. All the other skills like shockwave and Maul, Grizzly...have only like 5 points in them. My ability to kill does not make a differece anyhow :lol: not even with the Bstar.

So I am now considering to max fire claws and a synergy to have at least some chance when playing solo (which I really doubt). After sinking all the 154 pts in str for Bstar, there was indeed enough left to max block and have decent life (less than Tloopz, still - but if I really get hit badly neither 4000 nor 6000 HP's gonna safe me, as FE threads have proven here)

See you all tonight, I hope...roaming the river of flame (don't shout IM...Magnus and I am aware of that ;) )

20. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

Thanks for a good read guys.

I gotta ask though, how's that thrower holding up in 8-player hell? It must be like throwing toothpicks at tanks...