Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 It really was Hell

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 It really was Hell

Hi All,

7 members of KTA met up to do the final stages of Hell, starting at Act 3. Starting towards the end of Act 3 to be precise. After killing the council and Meph, we moved to Act 4.

First we toasted Izzy, Heph and Diablo, then it was of to Act 5. A higher level character entered the game and gave us the WPs, so we decided to start with rescueing Anya. We needed to be weary in Crystalline as those Succubi really pack a punch that hurts, especially if 5 or 6 of their red glowing balls hit you at once.

Down to Froozen River we went, and things were even toughter. More Succubi, Sirens, and Gloams. We were very cautious keeping close to the edges of the map, slowly moving around looking for a froozen Anya. We ended up going the wrong way, so one of our Sorcs, did some teleporting and honed in on Anya.

"My TP to Anya" came the message from th Sorc, so we stopped our backtracking and headed for the TP. 3 of us went down first, the Pally, the Barb and the IceSorc. Things were quiet .... too quiet .... and then our Mercs got frisky and set off some monsters. 3 seconds later we were being hammered by massed Gloams and Succubi. It was not possible to stand in the same spot for more than a second, as the elemental attacks from the monsters was simply too strong. We also did not have alot of room to move in, with a wall behind us and water infront. The bridge to the next landmass was covered in monsters. The rest of the team arrived to a scene full of mayhem. Gloam lightening and red balls of succubi pain where flying all over the place.

We headed for the TP to exit from what was turning into a kill zone, when the IceSorc got zapped by a mana-draining Boss which emptied her mana bootle in the blink of an eye. Before she could rejuv, or exit the game ... she died. 4 other KTA players had to ALT / F4 real fast to stay alive, while the Pally and Barb made it back via the TP. We had the advantage, of not requiring mana to move, unlike our unfortunate Tele Sorc.

The TP was well and truly trapped now, and we felt bad at the death of our Ice Sorc, so we just had to loot her gear. We stated back at the entrance to Froozen River and very slowly made our way to where her corpse was. Using the 2 steps forward, 1 step back method, we were able to take out all the Gloams, Sirens, and Succubi and retrieve the gear of the dead Sorc.... then we proceeded to locate and rescue Anya.

However we got jipped ! We could not get the quest in this game. We were going to have to do it all over again. however we were abit gun-shy of Gloams and such, so we put this off til later ...

Our Dead IceSorc, came back with another Character, an LF Zon, who we gave all the Sorc looted items to. Then the Zon joins us when we went after the Ancients.

Getting to Arreats Summit, was 'fun' as the monsters were Lightening Immune ... which meant, the Lightening Fury Zon, the Lightening Trappersin, and the Lightening Sorc ... were not able to kill very much at all. This is where our Fire Sorc really shone, so while the rest of 'tanked' the monsters
    she provided the killing power.

The Ancients themselves were not so tough, although a TP was hastily put up, when a single hit from one of the 3 stooges, left our pally with a splinter of life. A very close call. The 2nd time ... it went alot better, the Ancients died and we danced on their coprses :)

While all this had been happening ... various "xxxx SOJ's have been sold to the Merchants" messages were displayed in the game. Would KTA get the chance to fight the Diablo Clone ? ..... in the end, we had done all the quests we could in this game and still no clone, so we moved on as we wanted to check out the rune drops from Heph.

5 River run games later, as the result was ...

UM, HEL, LEM, MAL, UM.

Bnet was playing up badly, and during the next game which was for muling purposes, I got dumped and was unable to return. I am pretty sure it was the same with the others ... I so called it a night.

Barring any more mishaps, 1 more session should complete Hell, and those remaining alive should get their Guardianship... however the thrill of this is lessened by the death of our Ice Sorc.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Kron

2. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Hi all KTA people!

I've just happened to read my PMs and I realized that there are 2 new ones. Well, I am really bussy lately...

Firstly, I want to thank you Chill for the nice post encourageing me for my next DII/RL steps...and sorry for not answering you but I really read it today for the first time.

Secondly, thank you Mag for inviteing me to GAT forums, I'll register ASAP. Nice idea btw.

If I get my hands on DII CD (a friend of mine playing with my key recently) would you mind me joining some hell baal runs with you (gotta get use to it again)? Ofc with KTA-Solid...what time do you guys usually play now (KTA/non-KTA)?

Btw, nice post again Syxx, you should write a book like "KTA adventures - the whole story" and make lots of $$$ of it :lol: (and you would).

Have a nice day :bow:

Vect

3. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

:hanky: ..... for our dear ice sorc, she died to young with a whole life before her

she rests in peace now and may her soul be avenged by her enraged teammates. i bring a toast to that :buddies: .

sad to see things happen this way, but i guess you all had a thrilling evening.

better luck with baal, give him a smack on his head from me to while youre there.

ttyl all

4. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Sorc Death

Syxx,

Whose sorc died???

RIP :( Those gloams can be reeeeeeal nasty.........

Kev

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Sorry that I had to leave you all in the middle of the game for some time, as I had a friend coming over. Of course the fact that Baron's Chilly_Witch bit the dust makes it worse, because I wonder if my Oak would have helped a bit. Then again, that situation might have killed me as well and being well equiped just makes people over confident (sorc teleporting in an area where the whole party is constantly fighting for survival - I am pretty sure I know who that was :clap: )

Funny how the CS and Forge runs seemed to be pretty safe all the time, though we got constantly whacked by spells.

IIRC, the party lost a MAL and Skin of Vipermagi while b.net acted up. I guess we will toast Baal on Monday..and then I think I can delete RagReborn right away. What a useless piece of fur :lol: Well, I enjoy playing him..but when your sole purpose is to stand and stun monsters, because you can't even kill with a Bstar, you feel kind of oafish.

Next party: Skellymancer or Conviction Paladin for me. If this outing has shown anything, it is that the skills count and equipment is second.
    Quote of the day:

Tloopz "Magnus, can you PLEASE switch skills and go Conviction"
    Magnus "Don't have, sry"

Edit: Link to 3 pictures, one is the ongoing story of KTA_Romeo and KTA_Julia

http://www.det-animation.de/Romeo.jpg

http://www.det-animation.de/FindyourChar.jpg

http://www.det-animation.de/DiabloToast.jpg

6. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

More like Ham lost a Mal and Viper. But since we all know Ham, I can safely say that it was a loss for the party as well :)

Thx Ham for the Pala stuff you gave me, I didn't get around to thank you properly last night. The shield will be a big boost for my Frost Zealot.

If anyone else of you wants it, or if you Ham want it back, I got a Baranar that I will not use at the moment. Just whisper me online and you get it.

And Tloopz, I left the game after a couple of minutes thinking you got realm down or something. I picked up your full juvs, so you'll get them next time, your barb will need them against my l33t BarbPwning Pala :p

Hehe, as I said in the beginning, Frost Zealot do one thing only, but they do it good.... they freeze stuff :) I wish I named my char Kung_Bore in retrospective...

C U monday /Magnus

edit: Very much R.I.P to Baron as well. He did a good job holding out at the tp (I stood next too him) but when they all hit you at once, auch. I left you all behind and fluxed, just hoping that all would get out of there alive.

7. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, I couldnt think of what was wrong when I first looked at the pic of Diablo, but then I realized that there are no "pics" of the party in the top left corner. I had forgotten that you can remove those a long time ago since I always have them on.

But how about the game name, why doesn't the game name and difficulty (Hell, NM, Norm) show top right in the pic, can you remove that too? Not that I would, just curious how you do it.

/Magnus

8. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, I "Z" the pics away because they cover too much of the screen for me. The difficulty you don't see because I "tab" the automap away when I take screenies (never liked that on yours :lol: )

Magnus - I know you usually host screenies, but I did it one day when you were skiing, hope you don't mind that I did it again. I shall refrain from it in future ;) Just say that you want the responsibility back :lol:

I have to admit that when Syxx Necro bit the dust in 1.0 the sorcs (me among them) never wasted a thought and just tp'ed back to town. That just seems to be a reflex of survival. I have it adjusted a bit these day. RagReborn plays with a finger on the Full Rejuv button...and in Pubbies I have an even faster exit against PK's

35 skillpoints unspend...Bear survives, Lycantrophy and Oak maxed...what a wast..what a waste..

9. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

The automap I took away early on because you told me to ;)

But that does not remove the game name and the difficulty shown in the top right corner of the screen?

Look at this for an example:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/Hell/KTA-2_Cloud_Of_Fire.jpg

LOL, just looked at it myself. If you remove the automap, the gamename et.c. disappear too, I rest your case :lol:

No, feel free to host as many pics as you like. You can say that I was the official Photografer in KTA[1.0] and KTA[2.0], but lately I've grown out of it a little, so please by all means share your pics with us.

Only wish I can make is to keep the small pics of the party in the top left corner of the screen visible all the time, that way you can see who are joining the action.

/Magnus

10. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, no problem, will toggle all mugshots on. And try to keep everyone in the pic. We really need to do a shot at the Arreat Summit again on Monday.

How's the real life pics coming along. All KTA's..wanna show your ugly faces to the rest of the gang?

11. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Morning guys (and gal). Although I lament in the untimely death of my sorc KTA_ChillyWitch, she was nearing the end of her useful life anyway. After KTA 3.0 she would have been consigned to a life of running the Mausoleum, and that is no way for a proud spellcaster to end her days.

The death was immensely avoidable in itself. I had plenty of time to either exit or swallow one of the 4 full juvies waiting in my belt, but as soon as I saw my life beginning to drop, and my mana bottle empty, I panicked and began bashing random buttons like some neanderthal!

I guess my years of SC safety is still dogging my HC life. A bit more practice in fluxing would not go amiss methinks.

Maybe I could help avenge her death a little by helping you end Baals reign of terror once and for all on Monday? My LF Zon has a rather apt name for the job, ' Swift-Vengeance'.

Laterz

12. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Sorry about last night - but my wedding photographer arrived to finalise details for next month - It's getting closer and boy am I excited!

Will try and get Babe into act 4 for next Monday - But I may need a hand with ancients!

Sorry to hear about the fatality, I hate gloams with a vengeance - but at least some looting was done. I will practice Alt F4 for Monday and hope to see you there!

Chill

13. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, Chiller..we should quickly do Diablo and get your HF reward. We all need Anya...and maybe we reroll Frozen river if we get a Gloam Pest again. IIRC our "catch-up" run for Anya (I needed it that time) was Gloam free, while the original run was hell.

Ancients is nice, I leeched them in town last time :lol: (as I was afk). Shouldn't be hard to be Guardians or Toast in 2 hours. Then the question: New KTA team on wednesday..or do we run Baal some and start Monday, march 29th.

I personally vote Monday, gives us all one more day of fun together and a weekend to think who wants to quit, who wants to join. Do we twink for 4.0 and only go untwinked on the next ladder? Do we recruit and maybe get one twinked, one untwinked team..for ppl to choose. What characters do we play?

Keep bumping this thread guys and gals..have kta on the frontpage.

14. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Untwinked gets my vote (for what it's worth). Get some more practice in for the next ladder season, which I believe is due to start sometime in 2008.

If no-one else from KTA wants to go the untwinked route, I would go with the idea of recuiting for 2 teams and offering the choice of 1 Twinked 1 Untwinked.

Lets see what we all think first though.

15. det

det IncGamers Member

I want to play untwinked, definitely..and I hope for a team that has a core setup of Sorc with at least s.th like 5-10 pts static, A Paladin that can provide at least a medium sized conviction aura and some kind of barbarian.

I am currently trying a blessed Hammer Paladin, which I believe can work nicely if he uses a conviction aura from time to time (use Concentration mostly, but switch to Conviction in real tough places of hell)

.. So I am agin open to all sorts of characters..would even like to try the "BunnyBarb" :lol:

16. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

What if we were to do a testrun for the PKTA-team, sort out the problems that can arise. Just to try it out, so we do not loose time testing when the ladder resets. We should go on a mass killing spree so that when it resets we are ready to go.

Edit: Maybe get a team to normal baal, somewhere in the 30's, you know, the lvl where you can equipe shafts and stuff. About the tags, no tags for this run, however i would go with tags when the ladder resets, that way all the smart *** pk's will start to hunt us, and i say let them, so that we do not have to hunt for them.

17. det

det IncGamers Member

Ah...damn..now you blew the secret Ham. ;)

18. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I have no intention of ever being a PK or a PKK. If this is the way the group is heading then count me out.

This is what your are suggesting isn't it Ham? It is a little vague what you're intentions were.

19. MintSauce

MintSauce IncGamers Member

if the party are missing any gear magnus knows how to find me I can give some stuff I've been hoarding which may be of use to some people :)

20. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I was a bit surprised yesterday when we met and you recognised me! Haven't seen you around since the old marketplace closed, so it was very nice to meet you again Mint :)

Thx for the nice chat and gear yesterday. I will ask them monday and see if anyone needs something special and give you a whisper in that case :)

Take care /Magnus