Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 Crusing in Normal

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 Crusing in Normal

Hi All,

Last night was a cruisy evening for KTA. Most of us started around between level 28 - 31. We started with normal Ancients, as one of our Sorcs was missing the quest. The 3 lads died quickly, and then it time for some Baal running. This we did over, and over, and over again, til most of us we were in the mid 40's.

No close calls with dying, our characters and equipment is uber compared to the strength of 'normal' monsters. By mid 30's our 3 tanks, the Pally, the Bear and the Barb noticed that we were nolonger doing most of the killing. Our 3 Sorcs have started building up the skill level of their main spells and halfway through the Baal runs, we could see Lister & Co were dying that little bit quicker each time.

Seems our tanks are going to stand around in front being targeted by the monsters in order to give our Sorcs the freedom to blast the crap out of the monster and not worry about taking damage themselves.

Anyway ... finally we decided to put Baal out of his misery and move onto Nightmare. Once here we did a quick Den run, then we used a higher level character to give us the WP's of Act 1 ... and off after Andy's head we went. She died without much strain, and to Act 2 we headed in order to get some decent Mercs. (How many Might Merc's did we end up with :)

Thanks all for a fun evening.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Kron

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Good summary there, Syxx. Yeah, it was more of a cruise than a challenge, but for NM I really need to twink some. My resists hurt.

Hope we do actually play and quest at least a bit in NM to get some party feeling. Just rushing all areas might hurt our performance in hell..and just doing Baal runs is wearing thin quickly. I know we agreed to play a bit against the normal KTA tradition, but hopefully we won't over do it.

What lv did you end up with? I was 42 or 43 when I had to leave.

3. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

I say like DET, lets slow down little and play as a party. Start looking like a public game. And as i dont have any gear to twink with i need to go slow and safe. All the gear i have now have been given to me, but its not some gear that i can rush like hell in. :uhhuh:

I ended with lvl 47 and now i have this setup:

Sigons glooves
    Tarnhelm
    Nats boots
    3s plate with 2 normal rubys and a 2 mana/kill rune
    55 life amu
    119 mana ring
    90 mana ring
    Sigons belt
    Pleuge runeword
    That uniq assa claw i dont know the name of. (the old from 1.09)

Stats:
    Str 80
    Dex 80
    Vita around 100

But i have 2 LUMs and 1 PUL that i shall try to trade for something better until monday.

//Tloopz

4. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Don't forget, we mowed down some NM cows as well :clap:

It was my last session for the night, and I gained 2 lvl's in that game alone and ended up at lvl 45.

While you others went on to do the Den, I made a mule game and equipped my char for going through NM.

Raven + Res ring, Mahim Oak, Orphans Set, Sanders boots, Hexfire (ITD), and filled him with charms.

Got around 900 life and res around 30-50 in NM :)

Unfortunately I will miss both sessions next week since I will be in Val Thorens skiing. I will try to add some levels and acts to him before monday 15:th, which will be my next time around.

Anyway, good luck playing through NM. Happy skiiing :)
    /Magnus (Paladin)

5. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Is my birthday so i cant play that day.

//Tloopz

6. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I go along with the sentiments of the others and say that we should quest for the rest of NM and Hell. It is all well and good getting wps from other chars but it doesn't give one much sense of fulfillment. With twinking being part of KTA 3.0 then it makes the questing part that much easier anyway.

Looking forward to Monday. Hopefully I will have found some decent gear to equip my sorcie with by then. It is sure to say that without the Barb, Druid and Pally there to act as effective meat shields, my Sorc wouldn't have lasted long at all.

7. det

det IncGamers Member

If I slap all my good stuff together, I can wear an UM'ed Shaft, SoE and maybe Gore Riders and Guillaumes for CB..but I would really strip my other characters naked.

I have a Crainte Vomir which is really nice and fast, slows enemies and lowers their defense..but unfortunately it is a two hander and I would have to drop my PDiamond Sigons. So, if anyone has a nice and fast One Hander (Aldurs, maybe?) that I could borrow? Otherwise I might use my Razors edge soon.

I will probably wear a plain old chromatic circlet and one of my resist all ammys, so a fast weapon would make me happy...it will be returned at the end of course..or between KTA play times.

8. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I have an Aldurs weapon you can have (or Ginthers, your choice). See if I can catch you online tonight as I leave tomorrow...

/Magnus

9. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

You guys can use one of my mule accounts, considering that i dont use them anymore if you want, better hurry and pm me though before they expire.

10. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Only if you have quit playing cuz i know from own experience that ppl can change/regreat it when some chars hit the dust and you dont have any gear for your new chars. You can PM me if you still want to give it away.

And Thx alot if you do! :worship:

//Tloopz

PS. You need to clear your PM box :uhhuh:

11. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Gutted I missed you guys - but by the time I logged on none of you seemed to be still there:(

What level are you all so I can try and even myself up?

O and DET would a butchers pupil be any good - I found two yesterday night with my inferno sorc - don't think they would be much good to her!

CU guys soon

Chill

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Thanks Chiller, I apprechiate that. The others seem to be lv 45-47, I am 43, so maybe we can do some catching up tonight?

Dakhar..any donations are welcome.

accounts on Europe : detanimation and/or deadmachine (or maybe join us in channel kta on monday, 19:30 CET?)

13. det

det IncGamers Member

A very fine good morning an a big thank you to all who joined yesterday (Thursday). Joined a game with Silver, Baron1 and Chiller, hoping for some lvs and stuff for KTA_Ragnaroek. While Silver was searching thru his mules, he discovered an item he never knew that he had it: Jalal's mane. Add to that a Goldskin and two exeptional Druid clubs as well as Chillers Butchers Pupil, and Rag does not feel so useless anymore

He still pales in comparison to what 3 sorcs throw around spellwise behind him (thanks for warming my back with that INCREDIBLE Inferno Row :lol: )

Silver said he would level his sorc over the weekend and Chiller was lv 34 and rising when I called it a night. Rag is 45 (or 46) now, but Baron1 actually reached 50, so plz lets set the stop there.

Not sure if I can play at all on the weekend, but if I can it will be rather in the evenening.

14. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

A very fine afternoon 2

I'll lvl up my KTA sorc this weekend killin baal. I'll probably be on this weekend. Infact i'll leave work in 10 minutes and probably log right on when i get home.

Syxx how are you itemsvice, we should go true my mules to see if we can't find you some gear if you have needs.

Hope to see you all online!

Vix