Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 3.0 ... a death in the family.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 3.0 ... a death in the family.

Hi All,

Our Pally is still away skiing somewhere (strange thing for a pally to do, must come from wearing all that metal) so we were in no hurry to start Hell. Our items are hardly top of the range and we are abit shabby side resistance-wise, so we decided to run Baal and get up into the 70's. Most of us were low 60's when we started.

Running Baal ... we all know how it goes. The occassional Dolls and Gloams keep you on your toes, til you are in Baals throne room. Then it business as usual, with a few boss mods to beware of. Our Fire Sorc is dropping 12000 damage meteors, Throw in max blizzard, and whatever damage the Lightening Sorc is doing. After a number of runs, it gets rather repeticious ... until ...

Run number 635 ... we'll it felt like it :) We arrived at the throne room our main tank (with the pally away) the Druid Bear is leading. The Druid, 5 grunty mercs, valkya, bear, shadow, ravens, and babe's decoy ... take center stage. Slightly of to one side is the Throw-Barb, the Trapper, with the 3 Ladies of Pain, ours Sorcs, nearby.

The minions fall like bowling pins before the onslaughts. Vision is blocked by the meteors impacting amougst the melee combatents. Bartucs moves in ... BANG ... Our lovable Bear, the Druid dies amougst the flames to an instant 1 hit FE explosion.

The rest of the run is a blur. KTA-Kron is most distressed. His running mate is gone. Team KTA is shaken. An unaviodable death, is a death all the same. On a brighter note, He is back and with some help from his friends will be amougst for next Mondays game, where we start Act 1 Hell. All his equipment was looted, and I'm sure we can find some new stuff to improve on it.

Good to have the Bear back.

The next hour was spent with the remainder of the team .... Baaling.

Fire Sorc
    Ice Sorc
    Lightening Sorc
    Trapper
    IceZon
    ThrowBarb

No real Tank amougst us, but happily we didn't need one. Between our mercs and minions, they delayed the monsters long enough for our massive damage to wipe them out. Baal himself never stood a chance. By the time the rest of us had run around to him, a tele-Sorc had given him a good dose of static.

The best moment of the evening was Baal dropping Arreats. Made my ... I mean KTA-Kron's evening. He's have never had such an awesome helmut before.

(Hey people, how about a quick run down of the best gear that you are now wearing ?)

By the end of the evening We were in our low 70's when our Zon and a Sorc called it a night and left. The remaining 4 decided to do Baal for the quest and dip a toe into Hell.

The Throw-Barb at level 71 was finally able to use his end game weapons. A wonderful pair of Gimmershreds (1000-3800 Dam). Valued gifts from his KTA comrads. Finally I can actually kill something, he was later heard muttering under his breath.

How about a quick Den ? just to check out the 'difference' (nightmare to hell)

Vooom we were off. I don't think KTA know's the meaning of slow. By the time I had typed a message saying "take is easy" ... someone shouts "Den here" and vooom, we're off again :)

Pleased to say we slaughtered them all including an LE corpsemoan-whatever his name is. Quick and clean, no incidents or scares.

A shout of lets bring a high level char to get last WP and take out Andy ... was politely turned down, when we remembered KTA-Minx's death to a quill rat :)

Lets wait the rest of the KTA ... we stopped for the night.

Thanks all, a sad, but excellent evening ... if it is possible be such at the same time.

Regards
    Syxx / KTA-Kron

2. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

Nice write-up Syxx.

KTA_ChillyWitch is now lvl 71. A few more lvls and I will have my highest ever HC char :clap:

My gear is on the moderate to decent side. Wizzy, Silkweaves, Vipermagi, 2 pd Mosers, Frosties and a peasant crown. Should be ok with this set-up. Oh and btw my Blizzard is not yet up to full killing power, It will take me until lvl 89 to max out all of it's synergies!

Looking forward to the delights of Hell mode, where the challenge steps up about 3 000 000 notches.

Laterz

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Hi...dead bear reporting from the netherworlds :lol:

Yeah..getting used to seing the deeds message after KTA_Blutmond bit the dust with the entire KTA_2.0 team. Finally I can say..yes there is a danger in NM when you encounter a FE/LE boss. Just could not hit rejuvs fast enough. I was poisoned to start off, so my life was a bit below max..but still...2000 HP gone like that. And that was with nice gear: Jalals mane, Goldskin, Lightsabre, Tiamants, Sigons gloves and belt, Nats boots. Full resists and then some

The scary thing is that death does not annoy me any more... (I even used to hate it in SC). Lesson learned? Tankng in hell will be BAD, especially since I need to sink 136 points into dex to use that lovely fast Lightsaber again...those points translate to a lot of health when spend in VIT.

Okay...what safer place to play a melee character than in a party like KTA. I will be back on monday, in fact I am back. KTA_RagReborn is lv 6 now..the annoying time between 1 and 25 has started. Guess I'll be annoying some of you on the weekend after all :lol:

4. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I don't know if you already have anything socketed in the Lighsabre, but if you want to save yourself 27 or so stat points, you could just whack a Hel into it.

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Nah..its not even my lightsaber..like almost all the stuff I wear, its from Silver. Since he might put it soon on his Paladin anyhow, I will go easy on the dex. After all..it was not anything I could have blocked that killed me.

So..how will I fare in a situation like that in future..retreat a little bit, so that my bear and merc are in the frontline..but not so far as to draw monsters to the sorcs and sin :scratch:

6. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

I think your best option is to draw back as soon as you see the FE mod and let the casters take care of em. Maybe wearing a dwarf star ring might help out too, not sure on that though. I have 1 if you'd like it.

7. det

det IncGamers Member

sounds like a plan :lol:

8. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Let the Mercs and all summons (decoy, walk, bear etc) take the first heat and then after a fast look move in and kill. So you dont stand im middle of all monsters without knowing the mods.

Ohh i have a Bstar if you want it.....just tell me soon so i dont trade it away.

//Tloopz

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, Silver will lend me his Lightsaber, but wants it back eventually...So the Bstar might be a nice choice. However...your trade might further your other goals (like getting Nats claw) and I don't want to stand in the way there :lol:

10. det

det IncGamers Member

Right...gonna keep you posted. Thanks to Ham, Silver, Syxx and Row (and Kat) RagReborn is now lv 31. Looks like I might just make it for Monday ;)

Oak is maxed, which will make the ladies happy. I'll be online over the weekend, so a PA through NM will be apprechiated :lol:

11. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

I already got a Nats claw from a friendly soul on this forum (sry but i dont remember the name) Got it for Gaze and wizzy. About the Bstar, i like to have a nice friend alive and in good shape instead of wasting it to someone else. :uhhuh:

//Tloopz

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Thx Tloopz..that makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. Love to use the Bstar...and of course it will be returned on death or guardianship..whatever comes first. :thumbsup:

13. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Sorry I had to Buzz off early - but KTA-Babe is now level 70 and with res approching 10 for Hell:)

Best Equipment:
    Lycanders Aim (thx Silver)
    Vipermagi - Umed (thx I think Loopz)
    Tals Mask (thx nice Mr Baal)

Also have A +1 Zon skills amy, manald, cathans, Magnus skin gloves and Wilhelms pride for leech/life as well:)

I really am looking for some decent charms to boost my res for hell - otherwise I am pretty much set (and can always hide behind the bear!)

GL over the weekend guys - I am away Saturday but may catch up later

Chill

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Just checked Bstars req. 159 str, eh? There goes the block..if I want to invest into life...Or Lightsaber after all, the 136 dex would help me max my Block.

Decisions Decisions...

15. Chiller_babe

Baranars star is like level 63 isn't it?

My Werewolf has maxed block (or over 70 anyways) with a signons shield and Baranars star - so STR shouldn't be a problem by the time you get to that sort of level!

Can always pad it out with a few charms for a bit anyways:)

Chill

16. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Amulet

Chill,

You could always use my saracens chance amulet

Stats are:-

10% chance to cast IM when struck
    12 to all attributes
    and

21% resist all :)

Up to you.

If you want it - pls let me know, and Ill pm you acct/password/character its on.........

(Im not on until Sunday night........)

Kev

17. det

det IncGamers Member

Saracen's chance..me want have GIB ITAMZ PLZ.

:lol:

Considered as a loan, of course...and after sunday is fine..I am only lv 31 anyhow.

18. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Saracens

Det,

Ill be on Sunday (Wife permitting of course) at about 7:30 london time.

Account is ansettman - drop me a pm and ill sling you the Saracens :)

Who knows, I can even do some fast levelling with you if you still need it :)

Kev

19. Chiller_babe

DET I strongly feel that an overdose of exposure to Battlenet may seriously be damaging your mental health!

Please seek emergency counselling ASAP before you brain turns into that of a pubescent, precocious, moronic, rude little twerp:)

Chill

20. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Druid Type

What druid type are you det?

I can take a look see if I have anything that may help also :)

Kev