Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 2.0 We have a bit of a challenge coming up

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 2.0 We have a bit of a challenge coming up

Hi all,

With our BO Barb leaving us for the rest of our current adventures in Hell ... we need to decide how we are going to continue on.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my build took into account a higer than normal life thanks to BO. I have a feeling others may have also not placed as many points in vitality as they would have if they known we'd be without the services of a BO Barb.

Possible solutions.

1/ Take our chances without a BO Barb.
    2/ Quit KTA 2.0 and start KTA 3.0 from the beginning with new characters.
    3/ One of us leave our current character and power build a BO Barb for Monday.

Option 1 will probaby be the death of a few of us, especially the pure melee characters, which is just about everyone except the Javazon, bowsorc and the trappersin.

Option 2 I don't want to think about. I am not a fan for giving up when the going gets tough.

Option 3 is best of the 3 suggestions I have come up with. If you can live without Minx, I'll even offer to start BO Barb. Mind you I haven't played a Barb for ages, but how hard can it be... standing there with bulging muscles, looking all hunky and grunting all the time.

What do you others think ?

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Well Syxx..I am up for options one or three. Option one, because it would affect me least with now 900 life and being ranged.

Option three, because I have a barbarian ready at lv 64. Maxed BO and maxed warcry. I can not kill anything, would just stun. Of course i would come into the game naked and you give me gear. The barb has no KTA tag and is at Baals Throne in NM.

You would lose a Trapper however.

Syxx you can't be so masochistic and rebuild a fourth time?

But what I really want to offer is a fourth solution: "KTA_Solid, get your sorry butt up and be in channel KTA on monday at 19:30 sharp. You are not to abandom a party of friends in hell...damit" :(

3. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Det,

Yes I do like your suggestion the best ....

Option 4 ... KTA-Solid changes his mind and joins us ... but I don't want to pressure him.

I also thought of option 5 ... Ask for an 'outsider' with a untwinked BO Barb ready to start Act 5 on Ladder Europe who is free Mondays and Wednesday at 19.00 CET , to join us... hehe there must be 100's of them just wanting for a call from KTA :) .... Yeah right Minx ...

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

4. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

We still have the Druids OAK to boost our life. So i wote for option 1 if not Solid wants to come back.

Or say like this in stead. If Solid have die on us and didnt want to continue had we not continued our jurney to Baal then cuz of BO??

Yes it will be harder to stay alive but we have to play more careful thats all.

//Tloopz

PS. Dont be a bunch of wimps.....WE ARE TEAM-KTA! :thanks:

5. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Boy Det you really took out the big guns huh. We have a option 6. I could bring in my BO mule. That way we don't loose any players and we still have BO. I can't play both att the same time but to take a tp BO and then go back to townis not a problem. this is something we have done a lot with Det. The option of starting KTA 3.0 is in a way apealing to me since the druid i abit booring to play, But since i'm not a person who gives up the aborting of KTA is not an option. Btw the BO lasts for about 8 minutes

How about this:

Option 7. We all brake the rulse. Twink our chars and go a faster way to killing baal in hell. This can be done with Solid or with my barb. And when we have killed baal we start KTA 3.0.

How does this sound?

Vix

6. Malachi

Malachi Banned

[ d e l e t e ] (read a bit more and it seems not applicable now)

7. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Hello buddies,
    I didn't want to end it like this but well it just happens. Though, we can still make it work. Let's do some commentary:

I thought of this as a punishment for me, not for the others.

I wonder why so many people think that playing barb is easier than playing any other class. Barb is definitely my favourite and I can tell you that there is A LOT more to do with him than just spawn BO and stun enemies (even WarCry is often overlooked). You don't have to utilize these skills but imagine e.g. necro using only amp and casting CE (most common schedule that majority of players fulfil)...

I would be in if this happened but it sounds like official "one of the main KTA rules" surrender to me. Well, I always took KTA as a place to have fun and enjoy some true party-play, not obeying strict regulations whatever happens. Though, from my point of view, you are able to handle hell without barb, it could take more time but still...and btw, what would you expect of an almost naked barb to do in hell? (I've thrown all the original KTA items away and believe me, they weren't that bad)

For God's sake, plz don't do it! :scared: Don't hide something that was predestinated to charm every he-man stalking this harsh world.

Vect

8. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

9. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Give me a break!!

Is BO so important to have?? Can´t we continue with the party cuz of BO?? To bring in a Barb or start a new one only to have BO is in my eyes rediculus. Just keep the original charaters and stop fooling around. :rant:

//Tloopz

PS. Right now im very confused and i think the best solution is to do a mass suicide!! :evil:

10. Kevman

Kevman IncGamers Member

Giving Up Chill

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :hanky: :hanky:

Not another one going :(

Damn this sux :(

Kev

11. Silvervixen

Hey, I’m all for continuing as we are without Solid. It will put me out of my misery really fast. No way I can survive act 2.

vix

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah..lets go on..barb or not.. we can do it. damn.. i will kill Baal alone with 1 HP left if you all die on the way there :lol:

Gogogo Tloopz. You remind us what real KTA spirit is.

Well Vectom..as you see you are punishing us more than you punish yourself.

13. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Your misery??

Vix, we cant give up before we test it. If you are unsure about the survivety (dunno if there is a word like that and how to spell it) of your charater, im glad to go before you and take the heat. But plz dont follow in my footstep if i hit the dust...... :creep:

//Tloopz

PS. Lets try it!! GOGO KTA!!

14. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Don't feel sad Kev - Be happy for me - It's just that RL is busy enough for me (and only likely to get busier) that I just don't have the time spare.

Something like KTA is good in one way because you can give a set time that you play - but as most of the group can tell you I think I've only been on time once since it started - and that makes me feel like I'm letting everyone down anyways (even though I think I've made every session at some stage)

Having people spread across Europe makes it a bit difficult to arrange a time to suit all - and with British Summer time coming soon I'll be two hours late rather than 1:(

Ideally I'd like to find some people to play with say 11.00-02:00 CET - but as this is unlikely from any enquiries I've made.

But as I said Weddings, Babies - I'm looking to move soon just doesn't leave the time - and lets face it Diablo has had me hooked for long enough - so although I may be around for a bit,I'm really hoping something else will have come out by the time I get some time back on my hands to play online seriously again:)

Have no fear I will finish KTA 2.0 1 way or another - and hey at least there be a spare spot for next time - And I have enough wealth left to equip a couple of horrible PK'ers before I go :yep:

Chill

edit: Still have to see if the inferno/ice bolt/static sorc can make it through hell solo too -Act2 and going along quite nice!(slow but nice)

15. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi All,

Mass suicide ... nah ... KTA-Minx has been taken out twice by monsters ... if she really wants to die, she'll just find some Obsidian Mages and start poking them with her big melee spear ... Abit of IM and its an instant 1 hit death. Much better than just deleting herself.

Hey Silver ... thats defeatist talk. You have lots of time left, before you get turned into one of those animal skin rugs you find in front of fireplaces :)

Yes, how about we just continue on without a BO Barb, and take our chances. Reminds me of another quote from the 'Highlander' movie / Queens theme song to the movie .... "Who wants to live forever ?".

Up til now KTA has had is pretty easy ... Hell and no BO should really sort the "men from the boys" (old english saying).

Lets show those monters who is boss !!!

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

16. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Finally, the KTA spirit is coming back :clap:

Kill 'em all!!!

Btw, Chill you make me remember how sad is to see a good friend leaving...I had to experience this many times and most of the old-timers from my "neighbourhood" are already gone now :hanky: Well, RL should always be the prime thing to "worry about"...

Vect

17. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

It seems simple to me, we go on! With BO or not, we go on. If you are scared, hide behind the necro. Now if the necro would die then i'd say k, think about what to do next but for now: we go on!

18. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, you all made it to Hell (well, more or less. One of you has made it there 3 times... D'oh.) so don't pansy out now.

19. det

det IncGamers Member

Right..everybody show up today..and check back here. haven't heard from magnus for a long time... where are you, man??

20. Silvervixen

Well to continue Syxx excelent quoting, i'll give mine...

As an old indian once sed:

"To day is a good day to die"

I'll be there and i'm not afraid!

Vix