Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA [2.0] Rock&Roll Monday

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by det, Feb 9, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

KTA [2.0] Rock&Roll Monday

Hi guys..

....back from a weekend that did not permit online play, so I am bursting to hack'n slay tonight. I noticed the old threads dried up and trickled away..so post here with ideas for tonights play. Lets just huddle together, breath deeply and shout

- KTA - KTA - KTA -

2. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Hey det,
    IMHO we should do some Hellforge runs before Row will come, than finish some of the missing quests in A3 (for other party members) and then kick Baal's A$$ and watch Minx's butt - that's my plan :teeth:

Btw, I won't be able to join you on Wednesday, so I would very much appreciate to pull off the Baal quest already today, together with you all.

Go KTA, go go! :clap:

Vect

3. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

Didnt want to make a new tread just for this so i post it here.

Thx to HAM and VIX for the help, company and gear yesterday! Was real fun for me, and toke me from lvl2 to lvl 71 in less then 12 hours.

Thx alot!

//Tloopz

PS. CU all tonight!

4. det

det IncGamers Member

WOW, now that's great :)

If ever we will see a new Ladder season, I think a KTA team should have characters in the top 100. It is possible and we could do it safely, I guess. Just chip in an extra day of play on weekends or so....or play our guardians onwards...or do a little pet project on the side.

5. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Would be fun to have a go at the top spots on ladder with the reset. I made a Druid when 1.10 came out. Lvl'd him up to lvl 50, and were amongst the top 80 on ladder, despite I only played a couple of hours/day the first few days.

If we decide to go for it, I think we will be in top ten, whatever chars we choose and if we have a marathon session and go for it the first few days :lol:

Our Goal could be to become the first Guardians, not necessarily be nr one on list, rather be first Guardians, so we have an end to the whole project...

/Magnus

6. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

You guys are joking, right? :surprise:

7. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, always nice to have something to look forward to.

When playing alone, LOD is wearing a bit thin...and I recently tested the Demo of a new game called "Sacred" which mightcapture me when it comes out by the end of February. It seems to be a bit more like Dungeon Siege than Diablo...but still

So...Baal tonight...then into Hell...and may a new Ladder season start in march

@Vectom... Why joking?. Basically our sessions break down like this: Monday, act 1 and 2 in normal, Wednesday act 3 and 4
    Monday act 5 and some Baal runs.

Wednesday act 1 and 2 in NM, Monday act 3 and 4
    Wednesday act 5 and some Baal runs.

Even if we take it slower in hell, there is no reason, why we should not be lv 84-86 within 6 weeks - which would secure us a spot on the ladder in that time...easily.

If you take only a few dedicated KTA'ers and play thru a whole Weekend...easily in the high 50ies...maybe even further.

We might never be the No 1...maybe not even in the top ten (for long)..just beig ON the ladder would be a change ;)

8. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

I was refering exactly to what I've quoted det. That means...forget us to be the 1st gurdians in new ladder season. I've started "top-ladder-position-run" 3 hours after 1.10 was released accomapnied by 5 friends. We played like 10 hours a day since than and by the time we became guardians there were already tens of them. Still we were in the first hundred. I hope you understand me now.

Though, I'm pretty sure that KTA will rock'n'own in the new season and it shouldn't be a problem to achieve superb positions with such nice people...there will just always be someone better.

Vect

9. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, I meant like taking those 8 hours/day the first few days and really go for it :)

With an 8-player team, it can't take that many days to do it...

Schedule:
    Day 1) Normal Act1-5
    Day 2) lvl up in Baalruns, reach lvl 45, NM Act1-3
    Day 3) NM Act4-5 + NM Baalruns, lvl up to 75
    Day 4) Hell Act1-5... Done!

/Magnus

Remember, an 8-player team will be a full game all the time, maximising xp, safety, killing speed et.c. Doubtful if we would be first though, but anyway it will be fast :)

Look at wednesday, Act3-4 NM in 2 hours play time, with all wp's ans quests.

Tloopz just went from lvl 2 to 71 in less than 12 hours ;)

10. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh, sorry Vectom...did not realize that it would be that hard to become Guardian. I checked the ladder occasionally and found that (even in the high 80ies) there used to be a lot of Conquerors and very few Guardians, so I thought that very few bother to kill Baal at all, because he has so many HP's and in the time it takes to kill him, you could kill Lister twice and get more XP.

Magnus...I suppose that he was rushed by higher chars and got some nice items donated. So we will be much slower, starting untwinked ;)

Still...the reset needs to be on a Friday night or so...weekdays we all have a job

11. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Has anyone an idéa how many nights we played with KTA[1.0] before we became guardians?

We started in mid november, right? Played up to Christmas, and had one session in Januari when we finally made it.

So, around 12-16 times, can that be correct?

12 * 3 = 36 hours
    16 * 3 = 48

Pretty fast, considering we collected all wp's and quests along the way :)

12. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

On the other hand, if we manage to extend our playing schedule for a couple of days...

There's always a hope, right? ;)

...back to reality. I would be happy to exp my merc a bit somewhen, cause you know, it's hard to find a living monster while playing with you all :p and I'm afraid it'll be late to do this in hell. Don't want to loose my lovely Durga (or whatever his name is) due to his viridity...any ideas?

Vect

13. det

det IncGamers Member

Here's where we run into trouble...I have met Silvervixen online a lot and we always seem to have characters to play together.

On the other hand it seems harder to meet any of you other guys with a character in the proper range. As a rule, when I know that somebody wants to play online, I can be there...lets just set a date, PM me or mail to me:

[email protected]

From a lv 65 Barb to a lv 82 Necro, I can play NM-Hell...any area...or start a new character..just cleared my accounts from exessive "baggage" :)

hm...what lv is the merc? River of flame is sort of okay...but if his level is much lower, I always like Arcaines or Canyon of Magi... :scratch:

14. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I've found that doing a lot of Eldritch/Shenk runs will lvl your merc really fast if he's in the vicinity of the appropriate lvl, and if you can kill them quickly.

15. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all,

Yes we hade a lot of fun this weekend, but we missed you Det., yes loops was both twinked and rushed :D But he is the proud owner of a wizzy.that was not given to him. Gratz again mate!

But still the effective time we spent doing it was not 12 hours and when we did it we were at most 4 chars in the game. So it can be done a lot faster. And if we chose lots of casters, and a druid and a Barb twinking becomes les important. Even untvinked it should not be a problem getting to lvl 80 in 12 hours. This is in no way the KTA approach. More like the u BO i Tele approach.

The party could look some thing like this this:

Support/Tank:
    Barb (BC, BO, shout stun)
    Druid (wind druid with Oak)
    Necro (army with lower res)

Killing:
    Sorc (Cold only)
    Sorc (fire only)
    Sorc (Lightning only)
    Assasin (traps?)

Damage support:
    Paladin (conviction)

Could be fun to try out. How far can this party go in 12 hours or in 6 hours :D

Vix

Ps Ham u are a gold mine :D if u want the items u loaned me back just say so and you get them. The Occu is a bit dangerous but the killing speed is excellent, thx man!

16. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Very good layout Silver :)
    Only got one suggestion, change the Assa or Lightning Sorc to a BH-Pala and we're rockin'...

17. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

...or Javazon (light sorc just sux)

Wow, this would get messy :teeth:

18. det

det IncGamers Member

The party could look some thing like this this:

Support/Tank:
    Barb (BC, BO, shout stun)
    Druid (wind druid with Oak)
    Necro (army with lower res)

Killing:
    Sorc (Cold only)
    Sorc (fire only)
    Assasin (Lightning Traps, Shadow master) or Javazon (LF/Valkyrie)

Damage support:
    Paladin (conviction)
    Paladin (BH)

(A Pretty mix of KTA 1.0 and KTA 2.0 here)

RUN MONSTERS RUN here comes KTA 3.0

19. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

We need something with lightning based damge, so a javazon could be cool.

a pure lightning sorc is the only sorc i havent made. I have and Orb/CL sorc and i have to admit thet the damge of CL is not that good.

So if we have time we could make a 6 hour run. All start from scratch play for 6 hours and see how far we can make it in that time, the goal it to reach as high a lvl as posible. After 6 hours we mule all the good stuff we have found of and start a shoothout (Duel with some strage rulas, like only lvl 1 spells can be used like ice bolt or fire bolt and no gear what so ever. Melee chars have to use there fist. The duel takes placed in the Cow-coral (we first clear out all the cows...) no one is alowd to leave the coral alive. The surviver then makes a new game and the others can bring in any char they like and the hunt is on the bunny has to stay in act 1.

:D

20. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh man, Silver...I worry for you m8....

A weekend with Tloopz and HAM and you are infected with the duel bug :lol:

Forget about the duelling bit and I am there next weekend...you just know that the druid is gonna win

Magnus...GZ on levelling up past 600 posts...(gotta spam..gotta keep ahead :lol: )