Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

KTA 2.0 Moving through Act 3 and 4

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Syxx, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

KTA 2.0 Moving through Act 3 and 4

Hi All,

Team KTA were rocking an rolling last night. We managed to work our way through both Act 3 and 4, with only a couple of hairy moments.

We started with 6 players, (as both our Pally's were delayed) on the long overland haul through the forest, marsh and jungles of Kurast. No real problems with the monsters, but big problems finding the Great Marsh wp. We knew there was one somewhere, but it took alot of searching to locate it.

Towards the end of Act 3, our Pally's turned up, so we had a full team when we broke the orb and entered Durance. Finding the stairs to the 2nd level was a breeze, then things stared to go wrong while looking for durance 2 wp and the stairs down to 3. The map was so big, that we ended up with a our party split. I lost the party when I returned from a trip to town. I got caught by a couple of explodng dolls when I took a wrong tp which came very close to killing me. After this incident, we linked up and took it abit slower eventually finding the way the level 3.

Meph was an anti climax, in fact we cleared all of level 3 within a minute or 2. Team KTA has excellent killing speed, when we move as a single unit, and gang up on the monsters.

Normally we do an act a session, but the night was still early, so we decided to do Act 4 as well. We had just left the fortress, and was looking for stairs down to the Plains of Dispear, when I had my 2d near death experience of the evening. Not quick sure what happended this time, as their was alot of action occurring on the screen at the same time. What I did notice was that a boss monster exploded upon his death and took most of my life with him. Just one great big ka-booom .... and my spearzon had a tiny sliver of life remaining. I later found out there were 2 bosses in the area, so it was their combined mods that almost lead to deeds for me. Thanks to our Barbs BO and our Druids Oak, I survive yet again ... but only just.

Izzy died soon afterwards and so did Heph who dropped a SOL rune. Then it was Diablos turn. I think he took about 6 seconds to die, and like Meph, he dropped garbage. We really need to get some MF amougst the team to improve our drops.

Most of us were around level 60 - 61 when we decided to stop for the night at the beginning of Act 5. Next Monday, well pick up any quests missed by our late arriving Pallys (Bird and Gihbann quests), 7 more Heph run to maximize our rune reward from him, and take out Baal as well which will complete Nightmare for us.

We are going to have to do something about our resists, or Hell is really going to be Hell for us.

I don't know what the best drop of the evening was, but I did pick up a pair of Aldurs battle boots which are rather nice. I also imbued a lance with Chari, but the little darling was not very generous with mods she placed on it (my character was level 60 at the time). Sold the crap and will try again later.

Thanks all for a pleasurable evening.

See you all on Monday.

Regards Syxx / KTA-Minx

(PS KTA-Solid ... Hey hunk, don't expect Minx to do a Superbowl-type Janet Jackson breast flash ... as private parts don't just flop out of half plate armour that easily ... but I do love you anyway :)

2. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Thx for the excellent summary Syxx!

Without Druids Oak and Barbs BO we would be a decimated party by now, no doubt about that! Our melee party feels very safe most of the time, it's just when we encounter boss/bosspacks and we get too close to the action we are in danger.

I shopped a Chromatic BSOD before last nights game. Not just does it has 30% FHR and 20% extra chance to block. It also has 26% res all thanks to the first mod. Not a Rhyme, but it's good :)

It's the guy in Act2 who sells the scrolls who can sell you these beauties if you have some time to spare.

As for last nights action :lol:

I saw our big guy just leaving a path in River of Flame with a giant leap... I tele'd and arrived at the targeted destination just ahead of him... but he never came... Hmmm... weird... it was THAT big of a leap... where can he be?
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/KTA-2_Stucky_Barb.jpg

And you were very right about Diablo:
    http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/KTATeam2/NM/KTA-2_A_Nightmare_For_Diablo.jpg

C U monday /Magnus (KillThemAll, Meleesorc)

PS! Don't miss the pic's from last time (Romeo et.c.), I added them late to the previous thread.

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Yep, a very nice summary there Syxx..and I am glad that you did not leave out the downsides of the trip. As you have noticed, there were times when i deliberately used caps as a matter to express my frustration (I would have loved to scream and throw some f-words around, but manners kept me from it). At one point, while I was actually typing "plz w8", I looked up from doing so...and found the group split up into 3 different areas in the durance. That#s when I was so frustrated that I TP'ed to town to cool down. I actually thought that if a doll boss gets to any of us, it would be well deserved. I was THAT mad at us.

I mean, if we decide on a leader, we should follow him. If he does not take the desired (or best established) path through a dungeon, it should not be that we all abandon him and let him walk alone. I know that some of us (if not all) play with automap open - so there is no excuse for this splitting up. And while we were killing Baal, it looked like one member was busily killing the third Council member in the far right room.

There were so many near death experience that I really hope some lesson will be learned by it.

So far for the "2 cents" of your "not-so-happy-sin"

4. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

More like mephisto i think.... :xmad:

//Tloopz

5. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Yeah, what should we do to prevent us from splitting up?

I've been both sides of this, as a leader and as a follower. And both can be very fun and rewarding. As a follower you have more freedom and can do whatever he feels like sort of. Try out your new flashy skill on a helpless zombie, while the others advance towards Meph, or performing target practise with your switch-bow instead of WW'ing with your GF, hiding in the back when we engage the really big boys, you get the picture. As the leader you get the feeling of "leadership", to be the frontman for your group with a big responsibility et.c. :)

But both can also be frustrating, annoying, and boring... As the leader you get annoyed when you try to do your best and everyone else behind you is running around chasing every monster 2-3 screens away, constantly running ahead of you because they think you go to slow!

As the follower you can get annoyed if the leader takes sudden breaks to re-arrange his inventory, takes another path than the one the team has decided, if he's going to fast, if he's going to slow...

I think it boils down to this. No matter what we do, we should stick together all the time. The best way to get killed is trying to fight on your own.

So if the leader sees his followers has truly no intention of following him for the last minion when the big boss is waiting a screen away, then he should readjust his plans and accompany the team. On the other hand, the team should follow the leader, never leaving him alone, even if he takes a path that you might find not as good as yours.

It all has to do with communication skills. Instead of going after your own plan, especially if it's not obvious, share it with us. It's better we end up having a discussion than that we end up getting upset, and even worse, die...

As we have only two chars that can lead, Row's Pala and Vectom's Barb (Tloopz is constantly charging around, so I don't count him ;)), maybe we should ask them to be a "leading team" instead of trying to have one leader.

If Row and Vect manage to stay together up front, it's rather obvious for all of us were we are heading! So if you get caught up in a fight, alone, a good distance from Row and Vect, it's pretty easy to see whos fault it is ;)

Looking forward to monday and ACT5 NM /Magnus

6. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi all, and thx for the game last night.

I got tired of playing after we did Izual, and hade to stop for a while. (Perhaps not a god idea to start playing when I come home from work at 16:30 and then start KTA 19:30 and continue till 23 straight, that’s just to much…). But I got the quests, even managed to join the party after the hellforge quest in order to get Diablo while standing in town

And Det I have to say that your assassin is HOT when she’s mad :D. But you are right we did split up way to much. But the reason for this was that a big part of the party did disagree with the leadership. And I for one do not intend to follow the leader into death without a reason. And it was stated many time s that we have to go clock vice and hug the walls. And a big part of the team was doing this, but then we hade Solid running around in the middle taking what seams like random turns. (No offence intended here Vect). Most of the time we hade two groups the one hugging the walls going left and solid with a follower :D and of course Det in the town screaming :at us for not following the leader…

So we hade ourselves a little mutiny, god thing this is not the army :D
    Next time the group disagrees with where the leader is going perhaps we should call for a tactics meeting in town…

Anyways we found a unique io Staff and a pare of gloves I’m using, can remember the name. Hugh damage bonus to Undead or was it Demons.

Oh, Magnus how is the Baal runs coming, got my new sorc ready for first drop baalruns in normal. Lvl 40 at the moment. I have to say that after doing non first drop mephruns in NM and Hell I have to say that I’m totally convinced that first drop makes a big difference.

vix

7. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, I know what great task Vect is in for as a front-row leader, and I think he's doing a great job overall :)

We all have to adjust our tactics and communications skills a little bit and it will work out fine again I'm sure!

I'm up for some normal Baalruns any time...

/Magnus

8. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Remember KTA 1.0? It was exactly the same, the higher up in the game we got to, the thighter group we became. It will all be ok.
    PS Did you see the thread about KTA, we are getting famous.

9. det

det IncGamers Member

:lol: Now I see where my problem was: You were fighting Meph and I Baal..no wonder I stood alone :lol:

..and yeah "looking for a group to play with like KTA!" I was quite toched by this. Very nice.

GoGo us :clap:

<== king of spam reaching the next benchmark

10. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Well I had a great time last night - even if our Assassin was having PMT:)

Half the problem I think was entireley my fault as when DET started msging "split up" I thought this mean't split up to find wp quicker, or find exit quicker. Hence I usually charged off in a different direction dragging half the party with me:)

It was only when the caps started arriving I got the idea it was more of a complaint than a suggestion!

After that I stuck to Solids rear like an old pair of favourite underpants(URGH Barb underpants!) and it was others I noted in the river of flame going their own way (mentioning no names).

As it is I do apologise - but please make the original message clearer and I will faithfully attempt to stick where I am told and not get over enthusiastic.

O and by the way I really need some FRW as I cannot keep up with the rest of the group!

CU Guys next week

Chill

11. det

det IncGamers Member

Hehe...join KTA - experience something new every day. First guy to get a PMT :lol:

Well, trying to see it the way you wrote, I understand how I was not entirely clear. Then again, I hardly play with parties where it is considered good tactics to split up in in an 8 ppl game in the Durance. Like (puts on redneck accenst) "Hell, people, we rock some much, lets see if each of us can't handle a doll boss pack alone"

Hope to see you all online over the weekend

12. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Thanks Syxx for such a great summary,
    it was an exciting night for me, even though we had some problems with the party leading, this vanished shortly after we entered a4.

I think this "problem" was greatly described by Magnus a few posts above. It's not an easy job to lead the party alone and if I can add my sentiment - the biggest mistake from us all was the "Split up" thing (this is also a bit anti-KTA in my eyes, well...). We should try to stay together at any time. Hopefully, Row will be better leading us, I resign for now.

I also have to mention here Syxx's little coaction - while I was standing in the pack of Abyss Knights, cut off from the rest of the party (thx to my 1337 leap skills :)) he promptly started to cast Valkiria to attract the foe's attention, the lower defense spell and switched to to javeline to pin their heads to the ground. This was a shiny deed from you. Thx KTA-Minx ;)

See you all on Monday, farewell.

Vect (KTA-Solid barb)